**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What is up with Tier1Alphas recently...

Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Posts: 861 ★★★
Previously I had t1a expiring in my stash but currently I dont even have a single t1a. Is it just me or does everyone feel its quantity decreased. The higher the progression, the higher is the demand for more t1a to rank up champs but we are not getting a single t1a from uncollected and cavalier event quests. Some people may say just explore the master and normal eq, we gat only 3 from master and 2 from normal. I am facing this problem but I dont know about others. Please let me know if I am wrong.

Comments

• UnyonfaceUnyonface Posts: 519 ★★★
    Yeah if you don't do master and heroic in the EQ, you will get a few here and there. Alliance events will net you a few as well and of course there is the T1A arena as well. If you have the sigel, you can trade to get a couple and of course there is the glory store where you can get 10.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    I spend all my glory on t1a and i do the arena as well.
    Im staring to run out of t4b now too. Maybe I'm just doing too many rank ups (i probably definitely am)
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    100% on the t1a.

I’m TB since first month but far from being able to rank up solely 6*.

From circa 40 6* crystals I use 2 regularly and only 4-5 in total get any use at all. Maybe that’s where they are trying to push us now with this drought but for me 5*s are where it’s at still.

T1a is my sole bottleneck. I had to r2 a couple of 6* i didn’t care to otherwise as I had 13 t2a and 6 t5b expiring in overflow that I wanted to use on 5* rank ups. I’ve done variants so RU gems, which I assume I’d been surviving on previously, are drying up.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

I can’t understand why T1a aren’t tossed into harder content to avoid situations like this. TBs and Cavs still rank up 4/5*’s if for no other reason than to try them out or for synergy in EQ/SQ.

Throwing a few into Cav EQ completion/exploration wouldn’t break the game.

Dr. Zola

I prefer endgame ressources for doing endgame content/difficulty. My main bottlenecks always were Gold or ISO ... now (with all these 6* Rankups, did 4x R2 last month ... thx to new Vari/other Events/Story progress) it‘s just ISO.

Can agree to @RakeYoung ... wise words. I‘m kinda done with 5* too and now moving on to R2 and R3 RankUps.
    I‘m still doing lower RankUps, but only to get rid of the more available RankUp Gems from EQs or Variants. By using them I need no materials other than Gold and ISO and can clean my inventory up.

But, of course, it depends on your 6* roster as well. I‘m lucky and got almost all the missing gods as 6* which I haven’t already had as a 5* ... still looking for CMM and Cap IW tho.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    There's a steady flow. If you spend them all Ranking 6*s faster than the normal rate, you're going to run out. They're not scarce.

There's a steady flow. If you spend them all Ranking 6*s faster than the normal rate, you're going to run out. They're not scarce.

you don't use T1A to rank up 6*s
    Sorry, typo.
    The main point is, there is a certain rate that Ranking is meant to take place. Whether that's overtly-intentional, or closely monitored and balanced, I'm unaware. There's always going to be some shortage of some Resource or another. I've seen the complaints shift over the years from one thing to another.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Idk, the "rate" that we should be rank 5*s is kinda undefined. It's expected that we only rank the same amount of 5*s that we were able to rank a few years ago but the total shard gain in the past few years increases? Kabam has started to make 5* shards more and more available but certain resources that are used to take them up have not updated to match this new surplus of 5* champs. This even adds to the "tier list" mentality of the community as with fewer rank up resources, most players will only want to take up champs that will 100% do the most for them instead of other champs that they just enjoy playing with. It's all a very interesting situation and while I have no idea how to fix it I'm sure someone can figure out the problem and solve it

Idk, the "rate" that we should be rank 5*s is kinda undefined. It's expected that we only rank the same amount of 5*s that we were able to rank a few years ago but the total shard gain in the past few years increases? Kabam has started to make 5* shards more and more available but certain resources that are used to take them up have not updated to match this new surplus of 5* champs. This even adds to the "tier list" mentality of the community as with only a few niche rank ups, most players will only want to take up champs that will 100% do the most for them instead of other champs that they just enjoy playing with. It's all a very interesting situation and while I have no idea how to fix it I'm sure someone can figure out the problem and solve it

Acquiring them has increased, but that rate is what balances the speed of progress. For example, a 4* should be easier to Rank, therefore faster, than a 5*. Same with 5 vs. 6. What regulates that speed is the amount of Resources needed to Rank that because one Resource or another will take time to save up. It just happens to be at times we have an abundance of one or another.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    edited January 2021
    @Hera1d_of_Ga1actus
    Even if T1A number might be the same while Shards became more common, they added a lot of RankUp Gems. Compare the newer Varis (5-6) vs the old ones (1-4). And they are frequently part of Side Quest rewards (yes, this month got some, too, if you choose RankUp Mats instead of Shards). And these Gems are kinda equivalent to ~5x T1A you would have needed.

So they kinda did raise the numbers of everything together.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    WOLF_LINK said:

DrZola said:

I can’t understand why T1a aren’t tossed into harder content to avoid situations like this. TBs and Cavs still rank up 4/5*’s if for no other reason than to try them out or for synergy in EQ/SQ.

Throwing a few into Cav EQ completion/exploration wouldn’t break the game.

Dr. Zola

I prefer endgame ressources for doing endgame content/difficulty. My main bottlenecks always were Gold or ISO ... now (with all these 6* Rankups, did 4x R2 last month ... thx to new Vari/other Events/Story progress) it‘s just ISO.

Can agree to @RakeYoung ... wise words. I‘m kinda done with 5* too and now moving on to R2 and R3 RankUps.
    I‘m still doing lower RankUps, but only to get rid of the more available RankUp Gems from EQs or Variants. By using them I need no materials other than Gold and ISO and can clean my inventory up.

But, of course, it depends on your 6* roster as well. I‘m lucky and got almost all the missing gods as 6* which I haven’t already had as a 5* ... still looking for CMM and Cap IW tho.
    That makes sense, and I wouldn’t suggest reducing endgame prizes.

But I also wouldn’t include things like Cav EQ or Special Quests as endgame content.

My focus is primarily on rankups that have yield—and while 6*’s are my main focus, I also tend to invest in quality 5*’s who have niche uses (for example, 5* MrF for synergy, 5* Guardian). But I only have 45 6*’s, and among those I really don’t have more than about 1/3 who see regular use.

Dr. Zola
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    There's a big discrepancy in everyone's bottlenecks because we're all doing the same content now but have differently developed rosters. Wasn't so much the case in the past, where people doing the hardest content almost certainly had deep rosters and were on a similar level.

I had a lack of T1a but ISO-8 became the bottleneck. I've had to stop ranking up 5*s because of that (can't do both 5* and 6* champs) so now find myself with a ton of T1a in my stash. I now struggle with T4b though too!
  • KoopaKrusherKoopaKrusher Posts: 105
    I'm almost wondering if Kabam started making T1A scarce on purpose. They're supposed to be releasing a 'new arena mode' soon, and it wouldn't be a terrible idea for that arena to be based around grinding for rank up materials.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

I spend all my glory on t1a and i do the arena as well.
    Im staring to run out of t4b now too. Maybe I'm just doing too many rank ups (i probably definitely am)

Yea, yesterday I suddenly ran into a drought of t4b, I legit have nothing now, tho It might be due to taking like 8 r1's to r5 over the past 2 months
    I think I have 1 precious t4b left. One of the reasons I dislike side quests where you can only do 1 difficulty, I need the lower cats but I don't wanna sacrifice the higher tier rewards for them, giving up an entire 6* crystal for t4b isn't very smart, until I pull iron fist again but hey, some iso.
    I did t4b arena after a very long time (hence why all my rants on game crashing in arena :D )

Terrible decision to make 6* use a 4* resource.
    Im going to have to start doing that. I do the t1a one. It shouldn't take that long yeah, I think it takes me just about a 25 streak to reach the final milestone but with the lagging and the dropped inputs making me lose fights and then the crashing/connection issues it takes far longer than it should.
    I guess my phone is kinda getting old though.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,570 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Our inventory doesn’t even allow for the 22 tier1 alphas needed to take a 5* from rank1 to rank5. Pretty silly if you ask me
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    You probably became Cav. I remember when I was UC, I had them in overflow all the time. Completed 6.1 and it became that 1 resource I never have enough of. Still that way today.
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Same, alliance quest was my savior
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    There needs to be a buff to T1A this year. A lot of people are in the process of still using 5*s. Even endgame players till use max 5*s.