**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Not So important Rankup

BlôdletterBlôdletter Posts: 444 ★★★
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Deciding between these two, I have 3-4 generic gem, main reason is level up event.

Not So important Rankup 42 votes

R4 Medusa duped
57%
Wicket329BuckyBruhAssumedNameAdvLibertyPrimeV1Reaper2823Luke9523EtjamaSpeedro420Thicco_ModeAATTMaxwell24SpideyFunkoBen_15455AdokJragonMaster170SaltE_Wenis69AmnetiesScrubhanWill3808 24 votes
R4 Hulkbuster duped
42%
DragonMCOCWarBros23HendrossMysterioRockyshockySarvanga1_TSR6225Charlie21540KAYDATheBair123CrcrcrcYodabolt21[Deleted User]Zura_1magnus_xixJoshKosh557AGENT_A7KTechnoblode 18 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    edited January 2021
    I find medusa extremely fun. I took her to r5 as a 4* when I got her, and she was my bae for my initial RoL clear. so im on team medusa
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    If you need chonks for V2 or a Havok counter or just somebody that blitzes health down, HB is better.

If you hate Warlock and Darkhawk with a passion and don’t have Magneto, go Medusa. (Obviously she is great for other stuff like armor breaks buffed up diss track poison immunity nice autoblock etc)

After thinking about this slightly more 3 seconds later, if you have a good armor breaker and Magneto, HB would be a better choice.

Think about which covers more utility for your roster. Both are great but fairly different.
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    R4 Medusa duped
    Medusa is fairly outdated now. Her main job was obliterated by magneto after his overhaul.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    R4 Medusa duped

Medusa is fairly outdated now. Her main job was obliterated by magneto after his overhaul.

Outdated is not the right word...

But besides that Magneto doesn't Completely Shut Down Robot's Ability Accuracy (only 65%) nor All Power Gain, Medusa isn't any less useful than she was on Day 1.
    That's like saying BWCV is obsolete since Doom has Power Control Abilities as well, which some people would crucify you for saying, yeah another Champion may have Similar Abilities but that doesn't mean the Previous is any less Useful.

Which in Medusa's Case specifically definitely isn't true since she has her own uses that Magneto doesn't have and she still Reduces Robot's Ability Accuracy by 35% more for a Complete Shut Down as well the Total Power Gain Shut Down (which Magneto doesn't have at all). To be clear I'm not saying anything against Magneto, since he's of course got his own Uses that Medusa doesn't have, but saying she's "outdated" (the correct word here would've been obsolete) because there's another Champion with Similar Abilities just doesn't make sense.
    Again that's like saying Medusa never had a Use since Quake can also reduce Robot's Ability Accuracy by 100%-200%...
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★

Medusa outdated? LOL!!!!

Dude, you and I must be playing a different game. True that Magneto took away SOME relevance from Medusa but she is still the game's #1 Robot Killer, hands down. Yes, you read that right... no, Magneto is not the best Robot killier because he cannot shut down both power gain and ability accuracy , his doesn't go to -100%. Yes he is #1 METAL champ killer, but Robots are a subsection of the metal champs and on that area only Medusa outshines Magneto by far. Besides , for Magneto you need to ramp up the prowesses which can be tricky to do on stun immunes, whilst for Medusa's "Robot Killer" utility all you need is a couple of combo to reach sp1, when u have the bar then medium, medium and Sp1 and that's it, basically game over if your opponent is a Robot.

Now about the OP's concern, yes Medusa does benefit a lot from awakening, those 3 furies go a long way on ending the fight considerably sooner. Best thing about her ability is that you literally need one single level, that's it. If you have 6* R1 BB sitting around then it'll be 6 furies.However, she definitely is not worthy of a GENERIC gem. If it were a COSMIC one then definitely yes, go for it, but generic .... nope.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    edited January 2021
    R4 Hulkbuster duped
    I have both at r5, and use Hulkbuster more, specifically in the tech cav monthly eq.
    Hulkbuster is also a AW defender for me,, albeit not that great.