**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is BWCV supposed to take thorns damage?

Most fights like Korg she doesn't. However took her in on a noded fight in AQ and she took full thorns damage. The inconsistency is ridiculous. Not just in this case but with many champ interactions across the game. However i figured this shoulda been no issue. Now im down a champ in AQ. At least its just day 1

Comments

• AdokAdok Posts: 274 ★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Energy=/= non contact

I've learnt that lesson the hardway many of times.
  • LPH_337LPH_337 Posts: 74
    Still feel like im missing something. Why do I not take damage from Korg but I do from a random node in AQ? Incidentally i also fought Korg with Claire earlier in AQ and took no thorns damage lol
  • Darkhero_25Darkhero_25 Posts: 97
    Heavy doesn't take thorn
  • KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    She isnt supposed to take thorn damage since her attacks r energy based. I duel korg with her yesterday and didnt take thorn damage.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Korg specifically states that you don't get damage back from energy attacks.
    For nodes, its different. Depends on the description.
    "Thorns" will deal damage back from amy contact attack. "Spiked armor" deal damage back from any crit
  • KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    LPH_337 said:

Most fights like Korg she doesn't. However took her in on a noded fight in AQ and she took full thorns damage. The inconsistency is ridiculous. Not just in this case but with many champ interactions across the game. However i figured this shoulda been no issue. Now im down a champ in AQ. At least its just day 1

Wht node was that

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Korg’s Thorns and the regular Thorns nodes are different.

Korg’s Thorns does not get triggered by energy damage, even if the attacks are contact non-projectile hits.

Regular Thorns (and Electro’s) get triggered by contact hits, regardless energy or not.

However, all projectiles do not trigger either Thorns.

In a sense, Korg’s Thorns are “baby thorns” in a sense that it has an additional counter in the form of energy attacks.
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    Thorns node: when you make contact, you take damage back.

Korg’s thorns: when you deal physical medium and heavy attacks, you take damage back.

Reading descriptions is not always the answer, but most of the times it is.