Options

January Side-Event: Slumber Node, U. Collosus is not powerlocked

Not sure what is going wrong, during my first 6 runs everything was okay, but than I noticed that final unstoppable collosus is only stunded during the first 15s, but he is able to gain power due to my attacks.

I usually fight him with Domino or Warlock, but is also happens with other attackers.

I play on legendary dificulity.

iPhone SE 2020
IOS 14.3
Game Version 29.2.0.

Comments

• Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Pacify mastery
  • Options
    becokastbecokast Posts: 38
    Crcrcrc said:

Pacify mastery

What should be the interaction here? I don‘t inflict any stuns on the opponent and the power lock is already a debuff. I have never heard the my mastery lower the effect of debuffs on the opponent
  • Options
    becokast said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pacify mastery

What should be the interaction here? I don‘t inflict any stuns on the opponent and the power lock is already a debuff. I have never heard the my mastery lower the effect of debuffs on the opponent
    It lowers the chance that the powerlock is placed n the opponent when the fight starts
  • Options
    becokastbecokast Posts: 38
    but the powerlock is not an Ability of U. Colo, its a debuff
  • Options
    becokast said:

but the powerlock is not an Ability of U. Colo, its a debuff

It is an ability of the node, and the chance can be reduced by Pacify
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,255 ★★★★★
    No it’s working as intended.

Try bringing Blade with GR synergy into the fight and see how the node goes crazy.

Slumber is effectively a stun + power lock, followed by a massive fury after the stun. Each component can fail separately due to AAR. So with that interaction, sometimes he’s stunned and not power locked, sometimes he’s power locked but not stunned and has that massive fury right at the beginning of the fight.
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

Haji_Saab said:

becokast said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pacify mastery

You are right to be baffled by this interaction but that's the weird way Kabam sees it.

A beneficial mastery for you works against you with node effects.
    This node isn't beneficial only. It is neutral. If you don't manage to kill the opponent in the given time it's a massive disadvantage.

Even still, this is a bug
    The node is a opponent ability. Therefore, it can fail.
  • Options
    todd_soctodd_soc Posts: 21
    edited January 2021
    They explained how. Remove Pacify and you won't see this issue.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,270 ★★★★★
    HT, Flame-On. He's down before the Timer expires.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,578 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Pacify mastery says “when your champions inflict stun debuffs....”

• Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    The wording on most masteries are 6 years old. The game has evolved and is a lot more complex now than it was back then. I wouldn't recommend taking them word for word.