**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How Good is 6* Psylocke

TheLegionMasterTheLegionMaster Posts: 380 ★★★
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I just pulled her as a 6* champion. The crystal rolled right over Colossus and onto her. How good is she?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    She's not bad if you can maintain your intercepts, especially backdrafts, but she lacks the damage to be really rewarding. I love her though and I also have her as a 6*. I just wish they will tune her up for her to be economical to use.

I'm gonna hop in here before @SpideyFunko summons me.
    Pyslocke is one of the best power control champions in the game. If you can learn how to backdraft with her when the opponent is Enervated and if they don't have a passive power gain or a power gain buff, they are shut down for the entire fight. When she is awakened, you get bonus crit damage that helps with the lower damage and some decent DAAR. If they do have a power gain passive or buff, never fear, you can just cycle her sp2s (it is a lot easier to do with the Mojo synergy) to shut them down. Because of her ability to totally shut down your opponent's power, she gets around a lot of the annoying games. If you are bad with backdrafting, you can still parry and five hit combo since she has decent block proficiency (bring in Guardian and it's great). Lastly, with the Apoc Synergy, her damage really gets a buff, mostly through her ability to gain Psi-Charges on basic hits. In map 6 AQ, I can usually get around 14 really quickly and finish the fight with a 32-40K heavy attack (my Psylocke is an unawakened 6r3).
    So, yeah. Psylocke is a great champ, but she definitely doesn't have stellar damage. She's underrated.

Thanks for this writeup.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Pyslocke is one of the best power control champions in the game. If you can learn how to backdraft with her when the opponent is Enervated and if they don't have a passive power gain or a power gain buff, they are shut down for the entire fight. When she is awakened, you get bonus crit damage that helps with the lower damage and some decent DAAR. If they do have a power gain passive or buff, never fear, you can just cycle her sp2s (it is a lot easier to do with the Mojo synergy) to shut them down. Because of her ability to totally shut down your opponent's power, she gets around a lot of the annoying games. If you are bad with backdrafting, you can still parry and five hit combo since she has decent block proficiency (bring in Guardian and it's great). Lastly, with the Apoc Synergy, her damage really gets a buff, mostly through her ability to gain Psi-Charges on basic hits. In map 6 AQ, I can usually get around 14 really quickly and finish the fight with a 32-40K heavy attack (my Psylocke is an unawakened 6r3).
    So, yeah. Psylocke is a great champ, but she definitely doesn't have stellar damage. She's underrated.

Thanks for this writeup.
    NP, always happy to help Psylocke get the recognition she deserves
  • BabyMiikeBabyMiike Posts: 1,147 ★★★★

I just pulled her as a 6* champion. The crystal rolled right over Colossus and onto her. How good is she?

No way I pulled her aswell it was a roller over of domino though

Thanks, @MegaSkater67

I really love her but I didn't know her this deep!
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    @MegaSkater67 @StevieManWonder
    In your opinion, does Psylocke require the Apocalypse synergy, or be made a horseman? With "require" I mean: making her damage more in line with top mutants. The mutant class is highly competitive and I need to motivate investing in her instead of Colossus, Red Magneto, Omega Red, Domino, etc.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    didn’t have to summon them for once
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★

In your opinion, does Psylocke require the Apocalypse synergy, or be made a horseman? With "require" I mean: making her damage more in line with top mutants. The mutant class is highly competitive and I need to motivate investing in her instead of Colossus, Red Magneto, Omega Red, Domino, etc.

I personally haven’t used that before, I recently got apocalypse as a 5* so I’m trying to get him ranked up to test that out but I’m extremely low on ISO8 at the moment so it’s taking longer than normal. I don’t think it’s necessary, but I don’t mind the lower damage either, other people may feel differently about that. At max sig my medium attacks crit for 5k. She certainly wouldn’t match those you mentioned for damage, but I feel that’s a worthy trade off for the level of control she can bring in a fight.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

Unless the opponent has any form of passive power gain...
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    YoMoves said:

I'm gonna hop in here before SpideyFunko summons me.

Psylocke has no issues dealing with anything like that, I can think of at least 3 ways to easily get around it, I mentioned some of them above.
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    I’m not gonna write a full essay, but I know someone who took his 6* Psylocke to rank 3 earlier this week.

I’ve seen the gameplay- it’s quite amazing really.
    Shamir51 said:

I’m not gonna write a full essay, but I know someone who took his 6* Psylocke to rank 3 earlier this week.

I’ve seen the gameplay- it’s quite amazing really.

Awesome! I’m not the only one anymore
    YoMoves said:

Dude I literally talk about what do if they have passive power gain. Just cycle sp2s

She doesn’t need to be made into a Horseman or need the synergy to be worthy of ranking up. Her utility makes her worthy enough. That being said, I don’t run Psylocke without also running Apoc, though I don’t normally turn her into a Horseman if I have another mutant on the team because the real benefit of the Apoc synergy is being able to get Psi-Charges on basic attacks. Makes it super easy to deal massive heavy attacks to finish the fight
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Psylocke is great, and I'm not going to add much to what @MegaSkater67 has written except to warn that she's actually not ideal at Buffet nodes.

She gets a very brief Power Gain buff if she drains the opponent across a bar of power (watch for it!). This generated a full bar of power, but leaves her vulnerable to being punished by Buffet nodes or opponents like Mojo.

She used to be bad on Masochism, too. Her SP1 Power Drain used to be (like Hawkeye's) coded as an invisible debuff, so would trigger Masochism and didn't work on debuff-immune opponents. That got changed a few Updates ago, which is good.

She's awesome, though. I wish I had her at 6*.