**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

Doom with Suicides

PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 460 ★★★
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I’m trying out Dr. Doom. Most of the guides that I see give a cycle of SP3->MMLLLMM->SP1. Then rinse and repeat.
I find myself using lots of Sp1 which is costly since I run suicides and I’m taking a lot of recoil damage. Is doom not sustainable with suicide masteries? Or is there a different way of playing him with suicides?
Would love to hear from the Doom masters. Thanks for your help!
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021

I’m trying out Dr. Doom. Most of the guides that I see give a cycle of SP3->MMLLLMM->SP1. Then rinse and repeat.
    I find myself using lots of Sp1 which is costly since I run suicides and I’m taking a lot of recoil damage. Is doom not sustainable with suicide masteries? Or is there a different way of playing him with suicides?
    Would love to hear from the Doom masters. Thanks for your help!

Don't have a Doom but he does rely on all of his specials to get large damage, so he may not be the best with suicides
  • Options
    BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    Yeah, suicides with doom suck. You COULD just stick to sp3s but that’s not really ideal. Also, why don’t people do MLM MLLLM or MLM LLLMM after sp3 instead of 7 hits?
  • Options
    CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★
    Definitely don’t want suicides with doom. His utility with power control is what makes him great. That requires cycling through his specials. Suicides will take a lot of his health.
  • Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I have a 6* R3 Doom, I run permanent suicides, he’s fine for 3-4 fights. It’s very rare that I need Doom for an entire path, I need him for extreme power gain, or maybe a Korg, and I often take him along with BWCV. I also use him for the Cavalier monthly.

Don’t be afraid of suicides, run max willpower and max coagulate, use the full health bar, that’s what it’s for.