**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Can we just talk about Mr Sinister in 2021 real quick

GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Disclaimer: Extremely long-winded soliloquy about one mans irrational love for a slightly above average champion incoming.
So, about a year and a half ago when I was a dumb noob, I opened some cavalier crystals for my birthday. And I was greeted with nothing other than a shiny dupe on my recently pulled 6 star Mister Sinister. Naturally, being an ignorant noob, I instantly took him to rank 2 just so I could see a duped 6* on my profile. A year passes. For this last year, my Mister Sinister has been riding the alliance war defense for the most part, occasionally trotting out for an inverted controls path. However, this all changed once I pulled a 5* apocalypse. Suddenly, my sinister had synergy value, since I could bring him in so apoc could start with 4 genetic code, leading to a horseman R3 havok. And then, one fateful day, my finger wandered and I accidentally selected sinister for a fight instead of havok. Oh. My. Word.

Let me do some quick math for you all. Havok has a synergy with Mr Sinister that gives him a 100% chance to inflict degen when parrying an attack, which does 30% of his modified attack value over 1 second. However, holding his heavy pauses all debuffs on the opponent for a maximum of 2 seconds, thereby tripling your degen duration to 3 seconds, which would be 90% of your attack value. And last but certainly not least, apocalypses synergy with sinister gives him 50% extra degen debuff potency. All this adds up to a degen worth 135% of your modified attack value per parry, completely unlimited, allowing fights to be completely finished simply by parrying and heavying capiw style. Thank you for attending my Ted talk. If you read all the way to the end, you’re a real one. Anyway, here is a video example. If you’d like any more sinister videos let me know 😃.

https://youtu.be/XgcdTz1A6e4
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    If you have a maxed sinister, after you beat 2 science champs (3 even greater effect), every critical hit you take you regenerate approximately 110% of the damage taken. Yes - more than the damage taken. 3 science champs it’s like 125% or so depending on masteries .

The guy doesn’t put up big yellow numbers but ramped up can do a ton of stuff. Add apocalypse now and he’s great, although most horsemen are.
  • Options
    GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★

If you have a maxed sinister, after you beat 2 science champs (3 even greater effect), every critical hit you take you regenerate approximately 110% of the damage taken. Yes - more than the damage taken. 3 science champs it’s like 125% or so depending on masteries .

The guy doesn’t put up big yellow numbers but ramped up can do a ton of stuff. Add apocalypse now and he’s great, although most horsemen are.

Very true. One thing I’d like to just say about the video is that horsemanning sinister over havok in most situations is very suboptimal. I just chose to do it in this particular situation for the prowess to help work the boss down but he absolutely does not need it to put in lots of work.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Nothing new for me, I was waiting for someone to figure this out. People are really sitting on Mr Synergy 😜
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

I love the sinister fight you did against ROL Wolverine. Was super fun to watch