**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Variant 2 Will Become A Lot Harder Soon!

LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Just a Reminder...

Sometime Next Month (February) Yellow Jacket will be getting a Buff, in Variant 2 (XL Variant) there are 4 Yellow Jacket Bosses as well Random YJ Ambushes that can happen Anywhere in the Any Quest!
If you haven't already 100% Explored V2 yet (or haven't even done Initial Clear) and were planning to, now you've got a reason to push yourself, or at least Explore 2.3, 3.1, 3.2, and 3.3 where the Boss YJs are.
(Btw those YJ Ambushes Match the Rank and Level of what the Boss is for that Quest so in 3.3 an Ambush is a 5/65 6 Star with the +400% Attack and Health...)
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Thanks for the reminder. I’m planning on doing an initial run with all 4*s because I don’t have any good 5 or 6 star xl champs. Any suggestions would be welcome.
  • Options
    Will3808 said:

Thanks for the reminder. I’m planning on doing an initial run with all 4*s because I don’t have any good 5 or 6 star xl champs. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Venom is a Must Have, he makes So many of Fights a Breeze. Especially in the Last Quest where Every Buff And Debuff he activates is Doubled, I actually used a 4 Star too because I still don't have the 5 Star...

Awakened Red Hulk can Tank quite a few hits and dish out a bunch of Damage back, also counters the Mephistos.

For that Science Adaptoid Fight Apocalypse should Crush, Apocalypse is also the Only Mutant XL Champion atm.

Venom The Duck Ramped Up puts in so much work just like in the other Variants, he also has the Double Buff and Debuff Gain in the Final Quest (my 5 Star took out the Final Boss in 20 Hits and less than 15 Seconds)

Warlock handles So Much So Well, end of story he is just great.

Having Heimdall in the Team at Any Star Rating is nice because the XL Champions actually extend the Indestructible+Unstoppable Buffs and can let you get a bit more % off the enemy and the occasional clutch KO if you are good at not getting hit.

One more: Dormammu at Any Level Any Star Rating can Solo the Superior Iron Man Quest, his Node gives you Indestructible+Unstoppable on Heavy Attacks. There's a Cool down but the Buff Duration Extension outlasts it, just spam Heavies and you can Solo Every Fight in that Quest. (Be cautious at 18% though if you have the Assassin Mastery, the Ability Accuracy Reduction can sometimes stop the Beneficial Nodes from activating.)
  • Options
    Oh also there's some Poison Vulnerable Nodes in 3.2 I believe, Immortal Abomination and Apocalypse Dominate those...
  • Options
    Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★
    Will3808 said:

Domino trinity and cap iw did more for me then any xl champs
  • Options
    Superchampion_Superchampion_ Posts: 172 ★★★
    Yes and no. Yellow jacket will almost certainly be harder to fight. That’s a risk with champion buffs, where older content gets harder. But there have been other champs buffed who are now good for v2. Hulk buster, colossus and magneto are good for v2 and yellow jacket is a metal champ so I’d imagine magneto does well against him. Also moleman and kingpin are getting buffed so they may be useful
  • Options
    Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Doubt Magneto's effectiveness against him will be affected
  • Options

Yes and no. Yellow jacket will almost certainly be harder to fight. That’s a risk with champion buffs, where older content gets harder. But there have been other champs buffed who are now good for v2. Hulk buster, colossus and magneto are good for v2 and yellow jacket is a metal champ so I’d imagine magneto does well against him. Also moleman and kingpin are getting buffed so they may be useful

I'm not talking about Attackers making it easier though, someone else brought that up, all I'm saying is Yellow Jacket (whether his buff is bad or good) will be a Tougher Fight once he's Buffed and there's 4+ Separate YJs you'll have to fight so it's not a Single Quest worth like what happened to V6 Daredevil and V3 Colossus.
  • Options
    Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Posts: 755 ★★★
    I like strategy
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Will3808 said:

If you have Quake, you'll breeze this one. She isn't affected by the global. You can also Quake encroaching stun. You don't need XL or L champions but they'll help. Good substitutes are decent parry heavy champions like Archangel, Domino (trinity), Colossus, etc. But there's a lot of options now than ever, only the boss will change anyway.

I just did the exploration for this reason. I traded energy refills instead of GGCs during the Gifting Event.