**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Good Icarus Counter

jaysavagejaysavage Posts: 348 ★★
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Red Guardian is a great Icarus counter because you don't have to worry about landing heavies. He literally CANT gain buffs so you won't gain the fury buffs. He won't benefit from it but at least you can play normally. Let me know what you guys think. I know people know this but I still wanted to mention it.

Comments

• jaysavagejaysavage Posts: 348 ★★
    Also possibly Aegon because he can tenacity the degen but Idk that might not work the best.
  • Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 370 ★★★
    Mole man is great on that node!
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    edited January 2021
    Ghost, Aegon (purify degen).
    Quake (no hits landed, no need to worry).
    Wasp, Doom (heavy chained to the combo).
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Not sure why you'd want to avoid icarus most of the time when it can be such a massive benefit to the right champs. Ghost and CMM absolutely destroy icarus paths. KM with the Void synergy is a lot of fun as well
    @Worknprogress like I said I know that but if you don't have champs that can benefit from it Red guardian will work. I mentioned he won't benefit from it but there are scenarios that you'd want to use him.
    R3 CMM vs the 6.2.3 Omega boss.

Yeah I saw Lagacys video it was awesome. I'm using Ghost for Icarus but I just wanted to mention Red Guardian.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Doom, domino any champ who has heavies in its rotation works well on icarus
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    edited January 2021
    jaysavage said:

Yeah I saw Lagacys video it was awesome. I'm using Ghost for Icarus but I just wanted to mention Red Guardian.

Sorry, I misunderstood your point. I thought you were asking instead of suggesting one.
    Nice hint anyway, since against a mystic champ by making all those fury expire it can be quite annoying. Expecially combined with a damage cap node. Just Quake remaining, and maybe Ghost with Hood synergy (risky). In that case, Red Guardian shines!
    I think RG's kit is really cool (have him as a maxed 5*) but I just feel that with the new direction in content his value is going to end up being much lower than I initially expected. They're basically completely eliminating needing niche utility to get through stuff it seems so I'm just not sure where champs like that are going to end up falling.
    Yeah I get what your saying