**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

MCoC’s Hidden Problem

Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
The biggest problem in MCoC (and most other mobile games) can be summed in a singular word. Testing. No one (other than CCP beta users) are allowed to test whatever he/she wants to. This is a bit on the nose but let me explain how this affects all other areas of the game. Starting with something that many users on the forums have discussed their disliking of. Tier lists are present in this game because not everyone is able to take up champs they want to. Champs that are rated “god tier” are placed that way in order to show others that these champs are GUARANTEED to be the best allocation of resources. However, what about every single other champ in this game? Are they completely useless and should they be ignored? No. So many people are able to find out themselves that a champ may have more than meets the eye. But not everyone is able to take up champs that are not being broadcasted as the best. Due to content getting harder and more challenging, the focus to allocate resources to only certain champs will only strengthen as this game grows. And the main problem is that no one is able to easily test champs that they may have just pulled and see potential in as if they ranked up that champ it would take more time to take up a guaranteed “god tier” champ who is shown to be a top priority. As well as testing champs, there is also the testing of newer content. Nodes are getting more difficult and require more in fight focus to deal with. And while these nodes appear in content, the only way to practice against them right now is to go into the content and spend energy or units to conquer the node. And as for certain fights (let’s say Abyss Collector) there is no practice other than doing an Abyss path. Testing is also limited in this game as you can technically test as much as you want as long as you have the units. Buying resource offers and champion rank up packages can easily give players an option to take up more champions and test what they want. However, testing should not be limited like this. Players should be able to easily test in a multitude of ways including champion testing and fight learning. I have no idea how champion testing could be implemented but fight testing could be something where you pick the champ you want to fight and all the nodes with it. I highly doubt Kabam would ever do something like this but I’m just wanting to see if I’m the only one who has thought about this before.

Comments

• Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    *little addition

Certain nodes for this “duel system” should be locked by title progression.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    *wall of text*

Tier lists exist bc players are lazy and bad at figuring anything out on their own.

Content getting harder? Well since the introduction of the new war map, AQ changes, and 7.1 content has gotten easier and easier with every step just about.

People are able to take up whoever they want, they are not willing to actually find out if what they have is viable more often than not though.

Basically most of this is a bunch of nonsense. I do however agree that some sort of practice mode would be an amazing addition and have been suggesting it for years myself. It would be especially beneficial as they seem to have absolutely zero intention of ever making consumables to actually keep champs alive even remotely affordable. Lv4 glory pots are an absolute joke when taking R3 6*s into account.

*wall of text*

Tier lists exist bc players are lazy and bad at figuring anything out on their own.

Content getting harder? Well since the introduction of the new war map, AQ changes, and 7.1 content has gotten easier and easier with every step just about.

People are able to take up whoever they want, they are not willing to actually find out if what they have is viable more often than not though.

Basically most of this is a bunch of nonsense. I do however agree that some sort of practice mode would be an amazing addition and have been suggesting it for years myself. It would be especially beneficial as they seem to have absolutely zero intention of ever making consumables to actually keep champs alive even remotely affordable. Lv4 glory pots are an absolute joke when taking R3 6*s into account.

What about the players that aren’t lazy? They have to go out of their way to dig deeper. The system as it is MAKES it easy to just follow along with what everyone else is saying. Games where you can usually create character builds with ease without having to invest so much time tend to not have one defined tier list. This game is not as balanced but it could still follow set examples
    edited January 2021
    Ebony_Naw said:

The problem is that the issues are hidden behind run-on paragraphs, which only the bravest attempt, and few eyes prevail.

I should’ve edited it. Now it’s too late :(
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actus: Posts

Enter key: Am I a joke to you?
    The biggest problem in MCoC (and most other mobile games) can be summed in a singular word. Testing. No one (other than CCP beta users) are allowed to test whatever he/she wants to. This is a bit on the nose but let me explain how this affects all other areas of the game.

Starting with something that many users on the forums have discussed their disliking of. Tier lists are present in this game because not everyone is able to take up champs they want to. Champs that are rated “god tier” are placed that way in order to show others that these champs are GUARANTEED to be the best allocation of resources. However, what about every single other champ in this game? Are they completely useless and should they be ignored? No. So many people are able to find out themselves that a champ may have more than meets the eye. But not everyone is able to take up champs that are not being broadcasted as the best. Due to content getting harder and more challenging, the focus to allocate resources to only certain champs will only strengthen as this game grows. And the main problem is that no one is able to easily test champs that they may have just pulled and see potential in as if they ranked up that champ it would take more time to take up a guaranteed “god tier” champ who is shown to be a top priority.

As well as testing champs, there is also the testing of newer content. Nodes are getting more difficult and require more in fight focus to deal with. And while these nodes appear in content, the only way to practice against them right now is to go into the content and spend energy or units to conquer the node. And as for certain fights (let’s say Abyss Collector) there is no practice other than doing an Abyss path. Testing is also limited in this game as you can technically test as much as you want as long as you have the units. Buying resource offers and champion rank up packages can easily give players an option to take up more champions and test what they want. However, testing should not be limited like this.

Players should be able to easily test in a multitude of ways including champion testing and fight learning. I have no idea how champion testing could be implemented but fight testing could be something where you pick the champ you want to fight and all the nodes with it. I highly doubt Kabam would ever do something like this but I’m just wanting to see if I’m the only one who has thought about this before.

(Sorry for the text wall at the top everyone)
    ItsDamien said:

Hera1d_of_Ga1actus: Posts

Enter key: Am I a joke to you?

Hey! I got carried away when writing lol
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

This is why we need the owner of the all new all underrated champions channel in the ccp!! I am a man of the people and would put the spotlight on every single champion and what their uses are. It truly sadden me when i see so many people dissapointed in pulling champions like wasp. Red hulk. Proxima. Doc ock. Night thrasher and carnage to name a few

Still waiting for an iHulk vid
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    So: “MCOC’s hidden problem is that there aren’t test environments, making it easy to overlook characters and not understand their behaviour in specific scenarios”.

I agree. I’ve raised suggestions to Kabam before that a test environment for certain bosses and champs would be great. Would love to see it.