**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Test results: start of match parry

Hi everyone!

I've found that getting off a parry at the beginning of a match to be quite inconsistent lately. I decided to do some testing in arena to track the results just to make sure it wasn't just my head. It's a somewhat small sample size.

I found one of 3 things happen when a match starts for the most part. Either the AI would attack, back off or stand still/block. I made 5 categories to track:

1: match started with me parrying opponent
2: match started with my parry failing and I just block a combo from AI
3: match started with AI just standing there or holding block
4: match started with AI dodging back
5: match started with AI attempting a heavy attack

Here were my results after a short period:

1: I got a parry off 17 times

2: I got a normal block or a failed parry 16 times

3: AI just stood there 13 times

4: AI dodged back 2 times

5: AI did not attempt a heavy once.

As you see, I only tracked 48 fights which isn't a big sample. One thing that was really interest was that I have 14 5 star Champions. 13/14 fights with my 5 star champs resulted in a parry to start the match with only 1 match where the AI stood there. I used a 3 star champion for 6 fights and went 0/6 for parry

Again, small sample size but thought it'd be interesting to track. I'm sure if I did it again for another 48 matches the results would be way different.

Comments

• Options
    JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    I'm still getting it consistently. I mess up occasionally, but that's always been true.

Have you been fighting Black Widow a lot lately?
  • Options
    Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    This is what i also mentioned in my previous post but no response
  • Options
    SlickpeteySlickpetey Posts: 89
    I'm still getting it consistently. I mess up occasionally, but that's always been true.

Have you been fighting Black Widow a lot lately?

No, they were all random matches in arena. I wasn’t fighting BW a lot. I hate when people say that.