**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why is He So Underrated?

CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
He’s one of my favorite champs. But people underrate him so much. They say he has too long of a ramp up or isn’t practical in lots of content. And I don’t get it. He’s so good when ramped up, and it isn’t even that hard if you do MLLLM combos. All you need to do is not get hit and intercept a lot. He is so good when ramped up too. He is easily one of the best in his class, so stop underrating him.

Stop underrating Aegon!

Comments

• Options
    avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    edit:Not rol it was Aol
  • Options
    GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★

I never heard anyone saying that Aegon is not BGT,he's ssolid,and really good champ,as he can reach 300-400 hits in act 6,and he's still good on that combo.We don't need 999 combo,except in lol and rol,he is easily 2nd best skill champ imo.

he was making a joke people would think he is talking about IHulk rush to the comments and then realize its Ægon lol
  • Options
    avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    Gardener said:

I never heard anyone saying that Aegon is not BGT,he's ssolid,and really good champ,as he can reach 300-400 hits in act 6,and he's still good on that combo.We don't need 999 combo,except in lol and rol,he is easily 2nd best skill champ imo.

he was making a joke people would think he is talking about IHulk rush to the comments and then realize its Ægon lol
    that's why he mentioned aegon at last
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    ẞlооd said:

So true, that's why I took mine to 5/65 and left this overated champ to warm the bench.

😐
    Why is he not 5/65 sig 200?
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Aegod is so underrated. He should be used in abyss but all people use cable instead.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,288 ★★★★
    Honestly, its probably a reflection of my skill, but when I have tried to follow people’s recommendation that Aegon is great for most of the paths in Act 6, I haven’t experienced that.

His combo abilities are definitely perfect for many nodes, but I find it hard to get there, as he loses too much health in that ramp up (1st/2nd fight). When he is ramped up enough for me, his health is low which defeats the purpose of me using him (to avoid using items). When I use other champions that are specific counters to that path, I can generally get through all the fights without being worried about low health.

For example: Act 6.3.1 - Can’t Stop Won’t Stop path. Aegon has dependable access to unstoppable at 50 combo, which seems perfect for the path. But to get there, the first two fights are Sentinel and Mephisto and node combinations, which makes it more stressful to build the combo without losing too much health.

Does Aegon become great for Act 6 only if both are true (you are good at intercepting + you don’t feel too stressed out over losing combos), or is he great if you accept that you’ll have to top him off with health potions here and there?
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Do you and I play the same game? Sure, Aegon is not the best option for every game mode, but in the game mode he excels, there's nothing better.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

Honestly, its probably a reflection of my skill, but when I have tried to follow people’s recommendation that Aegon is great for most of the paths in Act 6, I haven’t experienced that.

His combo abilities are definitely perfect for many nodes, but I find it hard to get there, as he loses too much health in that ramp up (1st/2nd fight). When he is ramped up enough for me, his health is low which defeats the purpose of me using him (to avoid using items). When I use other champions that are specific counters to that path, I can generally get through all the fights without being worried about low health.

For example: Act 6.3.1 - Can’t Stop Won’t Stop path. Aegon has dependable access to unstoppable at 50 combo, which seems perfect for the path. But to get there, the first two fights are Sentinel and Mephisto and node combinations, which makes it more stressful to build the combo without losing too much health.

Does Aegon become great for Act 6 only if both are true (you are good at intercepting + you don’t feel too stressed out over losing combos), or is he great if you accept that you’ll have to top him off with health potions here and there?

I blame it on the YouTubers who do not show the ramp-up. It warps the image of Aegon. I wouldn't recommend Aegon for regular questing, but for legends quests there is hardly any better.
  • Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    My Immortal Hulk is R3!

2*