**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

T4c excess

ElsaEternalElsaEternal Posts: 97
edited February 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Now that we have access to tier 5 basics, we are needing to use large amounts of tier 4 class. This comes with the necessity to open multiple crystals in order to get the class we need to rank up our champions. Often times, we wind up with multiple tier 4 catalysts in stash that we cannot use. Trading 2 of them for another crystal is better than than 3 it used to cost, but can we please revisit the ability to sell them for shards?
We can sell every other tier for shards of the next tier up. We can sell tier 4 basic for tier 5 shards. Why can we not sell tier 4 class for tier 5 shards?
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★

Lol, I didnt know that we used to be able to sell them fo shards tho it would be a nice (tho un-needed change). I always have mystic and usually have mutant t4cc exiring

No, I think what the OP was saying is that tier 1-3 basic cats you can sell for fragments of the next higher tier. With the introduction of t5b, you should be able to do the same with t4b
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Because T5CC is still rare. T5CC can only be obtained by completing/exploring difficult content (and spending, ofc) but to the regular player, T5CC is still a mark of skill. Trading in T4CC to not only get T5CC frags but also get the class you need would defeat that purpose IMO.
  • Options
    The issue I'm trying to bring up is the fact that we have an excess of t4c that wind up in stash and basically wasted on trade ins because we can't just sell them.
  • Options

The issue I'm trying to bring up is the fact that we have an excess of t4c that wind up in stash and basically wasted on trade ins because we can't just sell them.

Rank champions up then.
  • Options
    GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    It would throw the game off balance. people with tons of t4cc would sell it and get tb too quickly
  • Options

Rank champions up then.
    That's the problem. Would you rank up random garbage tier champs, using up t2a and t5b that you need for a better champ, just because you had extra t4c?
    Imagine you're saving to take Doom to rank 3. You finally formed the t5c you needed, but you used all your t2a ranking up cyclops and rocket because that was your option to "rank up champions then"
    My problem is the fact that you either have to waste hard earned t5b and t2a or you have to throw away t4c. There isn't an option where you don't waste catalysts.
  • Options
    Grean said:

It would throw the game off balance. people with tons of t4cc would sell it and get tb too quickly

This is true, but they would very quickly run out of the resources needed to use them, it would only be a big jump one time. Once everyone who wanted to had sold their excess, it would be done.
  • Options

Rank champions up then.
    That's the problem. Would you rank up random garbage tier champs, using up t2a and t5b that you need for a better champ, just because you had extra t4c?
    Imagine you're saving to take Doom to rank 3. You finally formed the t5c you needed, but you used all your t2a ranking up cyclops and rocket because that was your option to "rank up champions then"
    My problem is the fact that you either have to waste hard earned t5b and t2a or you have to throw away t4c. There isn't an option where you don't waste catalysts.
    Then sell them for Gold. I don't support the idea of selling for T5CC frags, at least not yet.
  • Options

Rank champions up then.
    Then sell them for Gold. I don't support the idea of selling for T5CC frags, at least not yet.
    Except we can't even do that. We simply have to waste them by trading 2 for 1 of a random other class
  • Options

Rank champions up then.
    Except we can't even do that. We simply have to waste them by trading 2 for 1 of a random other class
    Is that wasting? I feel like that's a pretty good deal. You get a catalyst of the class that will not be of a class you don't want for the price of two of the catalysts you don't want.