**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I was just CURIOUS...... (About thronebreaker title's importance)

Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
First of all, I am not very near of being thronebreaker (but not very far either)

I was just curious that how much being throne breaker means to you if you are a free to play player, Casual grinder(doesn't grind for 4th of july).

In short, being thronebreaker will benefit you from daily crystals, 4hour crystals, glory store advantages, free gifts (that's controversial for sure lol) and other basic advantages.
So how much it matters to you in such scenarios?

I was just CURIOUS...... (About thronebreaker title's importance) 113 votes

Won't rankup anything less than Ghost/Warlock/G2099
7%
CristalmanAdvRajdeep1997Luke9523Zan0king_ov_scrubsSoulcrisherTRDSJBHJ12345___hefy2000 9 votes
Rankup Hulkbuster/Sentinel level champs, nothing less
34%
DrZolammmbanyasLuciusVorenusVuDahYoMovesLvernon15QuikPikHendrossBrokenDuffMcGruffrockykostonCutless_XpseudosaneCAPTMAVBuckyBruhLmaoMoosetiptronicManar198xRockyshockyMattstafari 39 votes
Easily rankup Punsiher 2099//Mysterio
46%
Mr_PlatypusHaji_SaabDisbanded_pensSungjOsfan8MenkentCrazyjack719CupidAckbar67Grootman1294VoltolosKappa2gBillie90JAATKINGStevieManWonderEtjamaMobile_P0tat0Speedro420SquirrelguyBlackshadow0203 52 votes
Easily rankup Yondu/Nebula
1%
MetalJakeJacob72518 2 votes
Easily rankup even worse (Seriously?
9%
EpistriatusJadedFoxhero007Mhd20034GhostboytjieNapaHeroKoiBoy18Denzel116Notsavage19BerjibsValentinos13 11 votes

Comments

• Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I mean I think it's very arguable. Thronebreaker doesn't have any new difficulty, does nothing in the side quest, and the only big differences are in the offers and glory store. As a FTP, I would see Thronebreaker as just another milestone, and I would r3 anyone that i enjoy using
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I wouldn't say easily. But I would've R3'd P99 or Mysterio for TB. I'd be tempted to R3 em now (most likely wouldn't go through with it though). Day to day, the extra rewards are solid, not great, but solid. The next time gifts or compensation comes around though, you'll most likely see a big benefit.
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Honestly I'd do it if I had no other choice.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    There is 2 more ranks to go after this TB requirement. A r3 6* will be outdated by the time we have r5 6*. I’m sure many of us will have bad choices by that time rolls around.

Although TB can benefit players in the long run. So the sooner they are TB the more influx of higher tier rewards will come. Meaning more r3s.

I have r5 5* I don’t or haven’t ever used. The same with r3 5* (I won’t even touch a 5* under r4 for “testing” purposes). So, just rank up a champ to r3 and make sure your 2nd is exactly what you need.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    I think it depends on how lucky you get, but the typical free-to-play player that doesn't grind arena or push content way too fast will *usually* find themselves with at least a decent option to Rank 3 by the time they either defeat the GM or get a full T5CC. It also depends on if a champion that has less uses is just really fun to play. Don't sue me, but I loved Venompool for a long time before I gave up using him for more well rounded champs.
  • Options
    AstoundsAstounds Posts: 323 ★★
    Don't rank up a champ you'll never use. That's my best advice. Dont just rank up Electra or something for it. But a middle of the pack champ that definitely has uses is worth it. The daily crystals are nice, a lot of t4b in them but I've gone like 7 or 8 in a row with 4500 t5b frags each day. Gotten a whole t5b before from t5cc frags. It's a nice freebie. Rank up someone you'll play.
  • Options
    Legendary_PoeyLegendary_Poey Posts: 209
    Hmm I would say that something slightly below top tier is good for f2p or if you really enjoy a certain decent champ like a mysterio. If you spend money it's worth ranking utter trash for good cyber/4th of July offers.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    For me -- I got lucky and have a rank 3 6 star, but I am still working thru the last part of Act 6. My goal is not to TB, but to complete act 6 and then start on Act 7. Sure, there are some benefits that I'll enjoy, but honestly if I never got TB I would not miss it.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

I wouldn't say easily. But I would've R3'd P99 or Mysterio for TB. I'd be tempted to R3 em now (most likely wouldn't go through with it though). Day to day, the extra rewards are solid, not great, but solid. The next time gifts or compensation comes around though, you'll most likely see a big benefit.

Pretty much this. Anyone you find fun to play is probably a good r3.
  • Options
    SIlverProfessorSIlverProfessor Posts: 495 ★★
    I ranked Sentinel up to r3. He isn’t a top choice but he’s a lot of fun and has a lot of uses. I wouldn’t say I play with him everyday but when I do use him he’s a lot of fun and I don’t regret it one bit.
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Took a 6* to rank 3 because it was a champ I enjoy using and exploring act 6 gave me
    the t5c I needed for the rank-up, couldn’t care less about that thronebreaker title 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    Pretty good champs would be my floor—with a possible exception for very useful synergy champs (ex: Mr F).

There’s stuff for TBs. If you luck out with Daily pulls (don’t bet on it), it likely feels really great and worth any R3.

If you don’t get lucky, the balance of other stuff is good, but not worth a bad rankup in my opinion. Just hold out for a decent champ for a month or so: if it doesn’t materialize, then reevaluate.

I will also note that a R3 Mysterio wouldn’t be third tier on my list. He’s probably along the lines of your second tier tech champs (HB/Sentinel).

Good luck!

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Pretty good champs would be my floor—with a possible exception for very useful synergy champs (ex: Mr F).

There’s stuff for TBs. If you luck out with Daily pulls (don’t bet on it), it likely feels really great and worth any R3.

If you don’t get lucky, the balance of other stuff is good, but not worth a bad rankup in my opinion. Just hold out for a decent champ for a month or so: if it doesn’t materialize, then reevaluate.

I will also note that a R3 Mysterio wouldn’t be third tier on my list. He’s probably along the lines of your second tier tech champs (HB/Sentinel).

Good luck!

Dr. Zola

Mr fantastic is more then just synergies :flushed:
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

DrZola said:

Good luck!

Dr. Zola

Mr fantastic is more then just synergies :flushed:
    Agreed. Just a simplistic example.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, it helped a lot.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    I’ll rank up any character I like .
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    DrZola said:

Good luck!

Dr. Zola

Thanks, I think P2099 is same level as of mysterio considering his power control ,decent damge after being charged and heavy stun chains to finish of matches + He is really good for new cav tech nodes (I saw really nice ~8K mediums with my rank 1 6*)
    @DrZola
  • Options
    Disbanded_pensDisbanded_pens Posts: 175
    If you're close to getting Thronebreaker then you'd have to be extremely unlucky to have all terrible 6*. How many 6* champs does a player usually have when finally able to rank 3 someone?
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    P2099 is way above Mysterio and Hulkbuster level. He's pretty much just below Ghost, Warlock, and maybe G2099.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I personally don't think it's all that important to spend a lot and push for TB. But if you can go for it, then go for it. Helps build your resources over time.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,138 ★★★★★
    MrChonks said:

Tbh Mysterio is at the level of Sentinel. Maybe someone like Doc Ock is more reasonable for the 3rd tier

Doc Ock is a fantastic champ in the second tier - wipe your dirty mouth.
  • Options
    Jacob72518Jacob72518 Posts: 88
    Easily rankup Yondu/Nebula
    I love nebula after Brian Grant’s cav run on Unzo. take her up with ease. I’d also take up Rocket Raccoon. Cuz it’s a Trash Panda. Why not.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I voted for the third option because I’d rank up the first two types of champions to r3 even if it didn’t get me thronebreaker. I’d be willing to sacrifice a little to become thronebreaker and by that I mean rank up someone who’s okay but I wouldn’t use often but I wouldn’t be willing to rank up someone who’s completely useless to get thronebreaker.