**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should I upgrade 6* thing?

Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
edited February 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Earlier today I completed 6.2. It was a pain and took a bunch of revives but luckily I was prepared and had a bunch in my stash. I opened the cav crystals afterwards and to my amazement pulled 6* thing! I watched some gameplay and everything I saw was people playing him with the champion synergy which doesn’t really look like something I’d want to do. Keeping that in mind and looking at my roster should I upgrade him?

Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Telling by your current champs, ISO is a problem for you. That said, I would focus on getting other champs like Ghost and Guardian up rather than Thing, but he is a pretty fun champ and a good defender
  • Options
    JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Yes
  • Options
    LiquidkoldLiquidkold Posts: 192 ★★
    Thing is very useful and can add a lot to your roster. He is immune to shock and bleed. You do not need the synergy but is nice. He is a solid champion. I would rank him up.
  • Options

Telling by your current champs, ISO is a problem for you. That said, I would focus on getting other champs like Ghost and Guardian up rather than Thing, but he is a pretty fun champ and a good defender

@TheBair123 I don’t have an iso problem. It’s actually the opposite. I had catalysts expiring so I ranked up champions and I will level them up when the level up event roles around. I’m also really low on tech t4cc. So do you suggest taking up thing because of the fact I can’t upgrade ghost or guardian more?
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I don’t know if there is really a bad answer here. Rank up stealthy, ghost or ronin. I’m not a fan of ghost (I have her 5*\6* ranked up r5/r2) but if you like her play style definitely rank her up.

Stealthy is a bit easier to use, still a rotation to get use to. All viable options imo.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I personally wouldn't rank him. The only unique thing I see him useful for would be EMP Mod. I'm also not a fan of him and feel he is overrated. Just my opinion though.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

I personally wouldn't rank him. The only unique thing I see him useful for would be EMP Mod. I'm also not a fan of him and feel he is overrated. Just my opinion though.

Eek I was going to say the same.
  • Options
    Th3Und3rd0gTh3Und3rd0g Posts: 18
    I LOVE my 6* r3 200 thing. He's super useful. The awakened ability helps a lot if you mess up. His damage ramp up is great. I had him r2 before awakened with 0 regrets. The cheese helped with some content but on his own he's still useful.
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    No, but I do not like Thing at all. Very underwhelming without synergies.
  • Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    He will be a good defender in bg1! Congrats mate!
  • Options
    @Th3Und3rd0g what rotation do you use for him when you aren’t using the champion synergy?
  • Options
    GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    don't level up thing if you don't need to. save it for stealthy
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Ronin R2
  • Options
    Ja1970Ja1970 Posts: 114
    Nah, don't do it, outside as an AW defender I never use my 6* r2 Thing for anything else