**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Max Red Mags sig or leave him at 100?

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,687 ★★★★
All -

I’m about to R5 my 5* Red mags, and have a question for this community. I decided to awaken him and haven’t regretted it. I initially had him at ~50 sig level but after some study of Aunt M.AI noticed there seemed to be an inflection point for R4 between 80 and 90. Got some spare stones and raised him to that level and definitely noticed a difference. I’m probably going to take him up to 100, but the question is do I stop there or did those of you who have been using him see a big difference going for 100 to max?

My other option is to begin saving my Mutant stones for OR, who I currently have but not awakened. To note, I’ve got a number of champs (3-4) ahead of him in line for ranking and frankly if Aegon or Void ever drop for me I’d probably put them ahead of him in the queue for sig leveling. So, it will probably be at least 3-4 months before I get serious about OR - maybe longer. From a mutant standpoint I’ve already got Colossus at Max sig and AA at 132, so outside of Red Mags OR is pretty much the only current mutant I’d want to put stones into.

Thanks!

Max Red Mags sig or leave him at 100? 19 votes

Max out Red Mags
21%
BrokenRakeYoungEtherealityHI_guys 4 votes
Stop at 100 on Red Mags and start saving Mutant stones for Omega red
78%
buffajr1greatbeardWarBros23AssumedNameEtjamaSarvanga1_BonzodavidVendemiaireXguard77Faseeh[Deleted User]Barani7daKRoNX1XanatosWooptyfrickendoo 15 votes

Comments

• Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Stop at 100 on Red Mags and start saving Mutant stones for Omega red
    If you're running suicides you should definitely save those stones for Omega.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,687 ★★★★
    Thanks all for the input. Yes, should have noted I’m def not running suicides and not sure I ever will given my (lack of) skill level.
  • Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited February 2021
    Max out Red Mags
    Mags' signature ability is criminally underrated. The common "knowledge" in this forum is that : "Mags doesn't need it" , "Save them for OR or Collosus" etc, but all these naysayers don't seem to realize the following:

1- A maxxed Sig Red Mags basically has a failsafe for whenever you make a mistake. Yes I know there are some godly players out there that NEVER miss a sp dex, never miss a block, etc. But the vast majority of players do make mistakes every now and then (including me ... and maybe you too). Missed a dex on an unblockable sp from a hard hitting boss?No biggie, maxxed sig Mags wont lose more han 10% of his total health pool from it. Your mistake wont cost you a revive, he'll survive it to crush the boss and make him pay for his insolence.

2- It is not entirely true nor accurate to say that his sig ability doesn't significantly enhance Mags core utility and purpose on the game ( which is to crush #metal champs). Why you say? Because in order to stack prowess you need to throw heavies. You cannot really do Mags playstyle without his heavies. So what would a maxxed sig level do to its playstyle ? It makes his heavies hit like a truck!!!. It is not rare for me to crit 20k or a bit more heavies with my maxxed Mags. Sure, you still need to eventually throw that prowess-stacked sp3 to do the deed, but with harder hitting heavies you can throw it sooner in the fight. Whatever helps to make a long-winded massive healthpool fight shorter than it would normally be is a win in my book. The shorter the fight it is , the less the chance for mistakes or whatever to happen.

Max that Mags. Sig stones arent that rare anymore, you will eventually get more to max OR or Collosus if u get them down the road later.