**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Case for Thronebreaker (crazy luck)

TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 365 ★★★
So yesterday I finally had enough Cav crystal shards from the login calendar, pulled a six star nexus.

Today I opened the daily Thronebreaker crystal and got 10k six star shards.

Now the caveat is I have been Thronebreaker from the moment it came out, but that is insane luck still.

Comments

• GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    nice dude! Awesome nexus aswell! Who did you pick?
  • TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 365 ★★★

nice dude! Awesome nexus aswell! Who did you pick?

I chose Guardian. I run suicides so really wanted that awakened ability
    Faseeh said:

r3 miles morales incoming?

We will see how the buff goes
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Super congrats! That is wickedly insane luck.

But...posts like these should carry a huge yellow caveat banner that makes clear your results are in the fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent chance range.

99.9999% of the time that’s a 3* and 95% of the time the daily is a smattering of non-T5c cat shards.

Dr. Zola
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

Hey, he is getting buffed, right?
    DrZola said:

But...posts like these should carry a huge yellow caveat banner that makes clear your results are in the fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent chance range.

99.9999% of the time that’s a 3* and 95% of the time the daily is a smattering of non-T5c cat shards.

Dr. Zola

I did add a bit of that caveat in, but it would be great if we could add in the drop rates for the Thronebreaker crystal. Say it is a 0.1% to get 10k six star shards, that would make the odds of pulling those two somewhere in the vicinity of 0.02%. Or 1/5000 chance.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Trubli said:

Faseeh said:

We will see how the buff goes
    COWARD
    Trubli said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I did add a bit of that caveat in, but it would be great if we could add in the drop rates for the Thronebreaker crystal. Say it is a 0.1% to get 10k six star shards, that would make the odds of pulling those two somewhere in the vicinity of 0.02%. Or 1/5000 chance.
    Absolutely—wasn’t trying to single you out.

Drop rates should be posted, and people should be prepared to get half a T4b most days before they decide to rank a bad champ.

Dr. Zola
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,586 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I think this is a great point, I wouldn’t recommend R3 for a champ that won’t help with content but the amount of T2A and T4 I get makes me really happy with my decision to R3 my Silver Surfer for the title even if I did pull a CGR the next day. My entire roster has greatly benefited from getting useful catalysts for my progression level. I wouldn’t hesitate to R3 champs on the Tier of an unawakened Killmonger for this reason.

Hitting the lottery is nice, and having a chance to is as well but my reason for chasing TB was more practical
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Can't win the lotto if you don't play the lotto. The thought/chance of winning is a big draw and when you do get a top prize, it's pretty awesome.

We deal with RNG all the time, even when deciding to go for features instead of basic 5/6* crystals.

But, unlike the lottery, once you're TB, you're also guaranteed of pulling a mix of t4cc, 5k shards, T2A shards, t4b and more... every single day. And you have a chance to get the top prizes too.

Would I rank up pure trash champ for TB? No.

Would I rank up someone useful, but not the best in class, to have a chance at winning the TB lottery every day? Yes sir, especially knowing I'm getting more rankup resources and they're adding up.

Everyone has to make that choice for themselves and decide if it's worth it for them, or not, based on the R3 options. You could wait a year+ for the perfect champ in the perfect class for the 1st t5cc if you're not doing too tier map7 and AW. That's a lot of missed lottery chances and resources rankup resources left behind for more R2s that could be an R3 candidate.

Add the extra t5cc from the calendar and Any TB locked deals or difficulty events, it just gets better... Better than nothing for sure if the R3 is usable.

Can't win the lotto if you don't play the lotto. The thought/chance of winning is a big draw and when you do get a top prize, it's pretty awesome.

We deal with RNG all the time, even when deciding to go for features instead of basic 5/6* crystals.

But, unlike the lottery, once you're TB, you're also guaranteed of pulling a mix of t4cc, 5k shards, T2A shards, t4b and more... every single day. And you have a chance to get the top prizes too.

Would I rank up pure trash champ for TB? No.

Would I rank up someone useful, but not the best in class, to have a chance at winning the TB lottery every day? Yes sir, especially knowing I'm getting more rankup resources and they're adding up.

Everyone has to make that choice for themselves and decide if it's worth it for them, or not, based on the R3 options. You could wait a year+ for the perfect champ in the perfect class for the 1st t5cc if you're not doing too tier map7 and AW. That's a lot of missed lottery chances and resources rankup resources left behind for more R2s that could be an R3 candidate.

Add the extra t5cc from the calendar and Any TB locked deals or difficulty events, it just gets better... Better than nothing for sure if the R3 is usable.

That’s the key, I think.

There’s probably a very small cohort of players who are at the Cav/TB cutoff but have mismatched cats/champs. I really hate it for them.

But I also think waiting for, say, 6* CGR or Corvus when you have a cosmic T5 and 6* Angela, Proxima or Terrax is likely a mistake.

Dr. Zola