**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Apocalypse question - Cable synergy and rank up

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,687 ★★★★
All -

Having a good week in game - made Cavalier (thanks for all of the advice from this community to help get me there), got together the mats to R5 Colossus Monday and tonight Red Mags, and today finally got ‘Big Daddy’ to drop. Given that I’ve been lucky with my mutants of the Horsemen variety (Colossus, AA, Red Mags, Cable, both Storms, Psylocke) this is a definite plus for my roster.

My first question is around the Cable synergy - it says Apocalypse starts each fight with the maximum genetic code, which is needed for the Horseman unlock. However, based on my brief experimentation it appears he still needs to win at least one fight on the quest for the ability to unlock vs being able to create a horseman immediately. Has that been your experience or am I just not doing something right?

Assuming he does need to win at least one fight, I’m then assuming most folks take 5* versions of him to at least R4 if not R5, which certainly seems to be worth it given all of his abilities. If he didn’t need to win at least one fight for Horseman I would probably not rank him as soon given some of my other priorities.

Thanks in advance for the advice

Comments

• Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    You don't have to win the fight. You could quit out, revive Apoc then make someone a horseman.
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Since Apocalypse does not get his 4 genetic code (with the Cable synergy) until he actually enters the fight, he has to participate in the fight to make someone else a horseman. You can either win the fight, or quit out and revive Apocalypse.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,687 ★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Ah great - thanks for the tips!

Obviously I plan to rank him at some point, just low on mutant mats after two R5s, and also want to bump Quake, Ghost, and Falcon before Apocalypse. The above info will let me do that!
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 652 ★★★
    The cable synergy is nice but you can also just use apocalypse to fight one mutant and he’ll be at 4 charges after winning. Then you’re free to use his horseman ability or enjoy him all ramped up
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I can promise that apocalypse isn’t just good for his synergies and is as good if not better than some of his horsemen. That being said I understand catalyst droughts and to answer your question you have to enter a fight to get him to 4 genetic charges.

Also one quick side note, cable doesn’t have a benefit from being a horsemen other than the increased Crit rate, all his viability from apocalypse comes from the synergy so if you have apoc, cable, and another mutant on the team you can make that other mutant the horseman and you’re set.