**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

An Argument for Opening 6* Featured Crystals

PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
I have two 6* champs at max sig. Combined, I’ve pulled them 4 more times after getting them to sig 200, that’s 40K 6* shards that I’ve literally wasted.

It’s also 8 featured crystals I could have opened instead, at the same cost. I’m now strictly opening featured crystals, mainly because the two champs I have at max sig are not in the crystal.

Comments

• Options
    LiquidkoldLiquidkold Posts: 192 ★★
    I started exclusively opening featured 6 star crystals. They cost more but I have found they hurt so much less then pulling the same trash champs that many times. But, I also think that there are reasons that others should not open features. They may need to build up as many six stars as possible. More swings has its advantages for people with less six star champs.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    My past several have been this crop of 6*’s. If it weren’t such a stacked crystal, I’d probably wait or pop basics.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DefenestratedDefenestrated Posts: 304 ★★★
    Featured is only advantageous if you have a lot of 6* already and desire a champion in the featured crystal that won’t appear in the basic for a couple of months. Basic is cheaper and has a lot of good champions that are not in the featured, but the trade off is there are more duds. However, it’s a wash because you will pull more champions with basic and you might get lucky with top tier pulls. You are gambling an extra 5k shards with the featured, but how sure are you that you won’t be pulling Green Goblins multiple times? It’s all RNG. People think the extra 5k is worth it because they can pull CGR, Apoc, or Ghost, but more than likely they’re gonna pull a dud and waste the extra 5k shards that are pretty hard to get.

It’s a gamble, and IMO, it’s not worth it especially if you have less than a dozen 6 stars.
  • Options
    Either way if you get screwed, you get screwed. I was very excited about the pool in the current 6* Featured. That’s all I’ve opened since. I’ve opened ten of the them and five have been Punisher 2099. I was excited the first time I pulled him because it was a first dupe but now he’s sitting at sig 100 and I may uninstall if I manage to pull him again in these final two featureds from the Sigil store before it changes to the new one. The small pool means you run the risk of getting the same dang champs you don’t want over and over.
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    Well I opened my 1st 6 star featured crystal
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★

It's worth the struggle sometimes
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    Depends on personal needs. I need dupp Falcon or Ægon (for Abyss), so I will open basics and hope
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021

Either way if you get screwed, you get screwed. I was very excited about the pool in the current 6* Featured. That’s all I’ve opened since. I’ve opened ten of the them and five have been Punisher 2099. I was excited the first time I pulled him because it was a first dupe but now he’s sitting at sig 100 and I may uninstall if I manage to pull him again in these final two featureds from the Sigil store before it changes to the new one. The small pool means you run the risk of getting the same dang champs you don’t want over and over.

That’s incredibly bad luck.

I’ve gotten a mix...Pun 2099, iHulk, Killmonger, Apoc, Man-Thing and DDHK. With this crop of champs, I decided to pony up and get the Sigil to cut down on shard spend. It’s saved me an additional 6* pull.

Gearing up for #7 in a bit.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    I don't have very many 6* (6), so I think I'll stick to basics
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    I use a spreadsheet to calculate which crystal has a better chance of me pulling a champion I would actually use and pick that. Sometimes it's featured, sometimes it's basic.