**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Another bug? Getting clipped when trying to bait with AQ mini boss Cable?

So I do the 2 block hits and evade to bait cable's sp (sometimes I do the 4 block hits). When I evade however I get clipped by cable. Almost as if the dexterity never registers.

I'm running map 5 prestige 4700. I've soloed the mini cable many times without ever getting hit so I'm absolutely puzzled. This happened twice. First with quake and then with GR.

When I do duels with cable this problem does not occur and I don't believe it occurred anywhere else.

Anyone else experience something like this?

Comments

• thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    This just happened to me again in aw. I was fighting mordo with DV. Tried to bait his sp by doing 2 blocked hits and after trying to evade I got clipped.

For now I'll just do the 4 blocked hits but I am curious to see if anyone else is experiencing this.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Attacking the opponents while they're blocking.
    I've confirmed that others are experiencing this same issue. So far I've been doing the 4 blocked hits but it's hard to test it because it doesn't always happen and some opponents are very easy to bait.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Just out of curiosity why do you hit them to bait? You're just feeding their power. I just constantly evade without attempting to attack them and I seem to have no trouble baiting.
  • TrendlyFynnTrendlyFynn Posts: 35
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity why do you hit them to bait? You're just feeding their power. I just constantly evade without attempting to attack them and I seem to have no trouble baiting.

It's another bait technique that allows you to zone your opponents... Because for certain champions you don't want to evade bait(the method you mentioned) yourself into a corner... Especially with champions like NC or spider man...
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Viper1987 wrote: »

It's another bait technique that allows you to zone your opponents... Because for certain champions you don't want to evade bait(the method you mentioned) yourself into a corner... Especially with champions like NC or spider man...

Gotcha. I might keep that in mind if I ever find myself in that situation. Thanks for the info.
    @Viper1987 most of my baits are like what you described. As @TrendlyFynn mentioned it helps with spacing. But honestly I also do it to feed them power. For instance, I like to feed av or stun immunes power so I can create an opening through their sps.

Also with very aggressive ai they don't use sps as easily unless you give them blocked hits. The 2 hit version is what I use for those who gain power (4 is giving too much power) like hype, MD opponents, cable, etc.

I learned the 2 hit version from atromix.