**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Nova is so deserving of a Buff

BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
edited February 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
I'm waiting for the Nova buff, I think with the right update, he could be awesome. He only really needs a couple extra abilities and a few number tweaks to be top tier.

I really enjoy playing Nova now (I know I'm in the minority), but apart from non contact mediums, he just doesn't have any usable utility. I like how hard his mediums hit (You can do 15k damage with a crit), his fury ramp up feels really fun to me and I like zooming around the arena to build power. Plus, his animations are top tier!

His issue is that he needs a slight damage buff outside of his medium attacks, he needs more utility, and he needs more special damage. His abilities have the skeleton for a really great champion, the numbers are just wrong and he needs a slight ability tweak.

His fury buffs need to provide more damage, his base one is a hefty fury with 2000 damage, but the other 4 are only 400. It's just not enough. He hits decently hard, but nothing impressive. Not to mention that after you get 5 furies you can't even refresh them all and they drop off unless you have the airwalker synergy.

Either the furies should provide more damage and no longer drop off, so you can keep them up the whole fight, or they should have no/a higher cap. This would really help with his damage.

For his specials, they just feel so weak. Throwing off his sp2 you expect to see the opponent's health melt, but it is as strong as a couple medium attacks. The damage just needs to be scaled up a bit, simple as. Give it a chunky armour break, give it more energy damage.

Not to mention if the opponent has any level of limber you can no longer dash back and forward for your damage. I think Nova should get a perfect block ability, or increase stun time with nova charges enough to enable him to have the time to get his damage

Utility wise is a tough one, what is Nova meant to be? (Apart from a defender of course). His kit is pretty much exclusively made for defence. As an attacker, he has a small true strike using the SP1 for 7 seconds, but this is almost useless, as his damage rotation is using Sp2. .

I think he needs a new ability related to his Nova charges, or they need to be tweaked slightly. At the moment, if you use him, you want to jump above 75 for a fury, and then use a medium to lose 25 and get below 75 before you get to 100, otherwise you lose your furies and get a 2 second unblockable buff and are no longer able to get nova charges for a moment. Presently there is no need to get to 100 at all as an attacker.

I think getting to 100 shouldnt be a disappointment, like "Oh no, I'll lose my furies now". I think it should be a choice of when to jump above 100 and this triggers an ability that you want to use at a specific time- some specific utility that you can benefit from when the fight calls for it. And once you hit 100, pause all fury buffs for enough time to get back up to 75 to refresh again.

Change the unblockable buff to something that can help you in a fight. Like an indestructible buff, or a powerlock.

So, this is my personal favourite idea: change the 75 charge threshold so that it refreshes all buffs, and increase the duration of Nova's buffs so he can have enough time to get to 75 to refresh. That makes Nova a hell of a ramp up champ. You can trigger Sp1 to get a Combat power gain buff and true strike, Sp2 gives you a buff that increases charge generation rate, reaching 75 every time gets you a fury so the damage ramps up, getting to 100 pauses all buffs for a time and gives you a indestructible buff, make the unblockable buff a passive (so it can't be refreshed) and make it last 10-15 seconds or something.

If this was Nova's kit, you would be able to play him like this:

Build to an sp1 to get your power gain and true strike and refresh it by getting to 75 and using a second medium to drop 25 and bounce between the two. This will also build up your furies. Use an Sp2, so you now have a power gain buff, your furies are stacking up, you have a true strike buff that you can keep up all the time, and your charges are going up quicker. Now you can push to 100 charges to go indestructable and get an unblockable passive to let you go super aggressive. If you ever push your opponent to an sp3 or you're about to take damage, rush to 100 charges and tank the damage. His Sp2 now armour breaks and does a lot more damage too, alongside a stun time increase so he can fight a war opponent with 1 point in limber.

Now, Nova would be a hard hitting, constant evade counter with nice power gain and the ability to be aggressive without worrying about an Sp3. I would use that champion

Comments

• Options
    Wildblue333Wildblue333 Posts: 403 ★★
    I would like to see Nova buffed. He does deserve better. Maybe Buff him whenyou intro the Sphinx
  • Options

I would like to see Nova buffed. He does deserve better. Maybe Buff him whenyou intro the Sphinx

He’s such a fun champ in my opinion and had so much potential
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    This thread sure did age well, huh?
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    I too am still waiting for the Nova buff.
  • Options
    Davepool87Davepool87 Posts: 21
    He's built for defense only. He needs a new playstyle and easy access to utilities. His rotation is so stressful and not realistically executable in hard fights. He's totally useless in high-level contents
  • Options

His fury buffs need to provide more damage, his base one is a hefty fury with 2000 damage, but the other 4 are only 400. It's just not enough. He hits decently hard, but nothing impressive.

Hey I found the only part kabam read
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

This thread sure did age well, huh?

Like milk on a sunny day