**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Civil Warrior has the potential to be one of the hardest hitting Champs

BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
I thought I’d try and build some hype on Civil Warrior’s buff, as a player with a 6* version and a tech t5cc, I would be ready to r3 him next week, but I’ll spend time testing and making sure he’s as good as I think he is going to be.

I am not expecting Civil Warrior to be CGR game breaking levels, he will require a lot of skill and potentially stressful ramp up, but his utility is there, and I have run the numbers, and by my estimation he is going to hit HARD. He’s gonna be insane for long content, and really great for Act 7 type.

So onto the numbers, Civil Warriors attack value is going to remain the same, that means it’s pretty easy to work out what his attack value is likely going to be. I’m going to work out how hard he hits as an R3. So, fury buffs in this game are additive, that means they are not subject to diminishing returns. If you have 10 furies adding 100 attack, you get 1000 attack total.

Furies also increase your damage linearly, If your champion hits for 50 damage before the furies and the furies provide a new attack rating 2 times higher, then your 50 damage hit will be 100 now. I know this may seem obvious to some, but not everyone knows how attack works.

So as an R5 Civil Warrior (from the spotlight info) will have 2301 attack at base, plus 50*276.12 attack from the furies this will give him a beefy 16107 attack rating. This is an attack rating 7 times higher than base.

So for an R3, you will have a total attack after furies (assuming the same 7 times larger) of 2965*7=20755. After doing a bit of testing with Falcon, who has an identical Crit damage rating as Civil Warrior at R3 both with 756, I worked out that Falcon’s light hits are 20.2% of his attack when they don’t crit, 59.6% of his attack when they do crit, and his medium hits are 31.5% of his attack when they don’t crit, and 93.0% when they do crit.

It’s now quite simple to take these percentages and show that Civil Warrior at R3 with 50 furies will be doing around 4190/12,370 damage on light attacks no crit/crit. And he will be doing about 6540/19,300 damage on medium attacks. That is absolutely nutty damage, and not taking into account masteries. Aegon R3 with suicides 999 combo does 18k damage on his medium in Seatin’s rank up video (without heavy trick), Ghost R3 with suicides and 2 furies does 12k damage at the start of the fight, Corvus R3 with suicides does 12k at max charge and class advantage. This is just for reference, not to say Civil Warrior will be as good as them, Civil Warrior will have a much harder ramp up of course.

Now I know a lot of people will be making the point that his gameplay will be stressful, and I agree, but I don't believe it will be as bad as it appears. I think his optimal damage rotation will be spamming Sp1, making him a suicides unfriendly champion. This is because you get 1 armour buff per combo, and 4 from an Sp1, dashing back and holding block then refreshes furies and adds 1 more per armour buff.

The good thing about civil warrior, is that his specials pause armour for 20 seconds, meaning that you will likely have close to 100% uptime on an armour, the only time you won’t is when you’ve just refreshed furies, and then you’re 12 seconds and one combo away from an armour. What I think you’re gonna want to do, is only use your Sp1 when you are a couple hits away from your Sp2, why? So, you can play aggressive and if the opponent doesn’t use their special you can push them to sp3, use your sp2 and refresh your furies. This will cost you a bit of ramp up time, as you won’t be able to use Sp1.

I think this is also where his utility and signature ability come in. You need every opportunity to hold block and refresh furies, and sometimes your opponent isn’t going to throw their special when you need them to. You’re gonna want to refresh your furies at every opportunity, this is where his sig is useful, sometimes you’ll want to block an opponent special to refresh your furies and the damage reduction will help a hell of a lot. Also if you do push them to Sp3, hold block to make them less likely to throw it, and since you're gonna be holding your sp1 until nearly the sp2, you should be about a combo away from power burning them. If they use their Sp3 you're blocking, and the sig will reduce the damage of it.

So I took Civil Warrior against Winter Soldier and wanted to see how many combo’s/specials it would take to get him to max ramp up. Assuming you dash back and refresh every single armour buff you trigger (which doesn’t sound too bad), you would take 18 Combo’s and 8 Special 1’s. That gets you exactly 50 armour up buffs in the fight over 98 hits. That really isn’t too bad of a ramp up considering in abyss, you would then have about 120 hits of insane damage, I think he easily has the potential to solo abyss fights.

The issue with all of this is the playstyle, he has the potential, it’s clear. But 12 seconds is not a long time in a fight, and furies could easily fall off if you bait specials for too long. I took Civil Warrior to RoL and just set a 12 second loop timer that beeped me every time it hit 12, when that happened or just before, I dashed back and held block for a bit. It didn’t seem too bad, entirely possible but admittedly stressful in harder fights.

So that about wraps it up for me, I think it’s pretty obvious his damage is there, but is it practical? I’m not sure. I hope so, and I’ll almost definitely be taking him up to r2 for his power control and his immunity to nullify and stagger, that’s fun and useful. I am not sure about how practical he will be, and nobody will know until we start using him. I’m not saying rank him up right now, but I love the idea of how Civil Warrior has a stressful seeming playstyle refreshing furies, but Kabam have given him several pieces of utility to make that less difficult to accomplish, whether it's reducing special damage to refresh while blocking them, power control to stop stay aggressive, or pausing armours to ensure you can almost always refresh.

Civil Warrior seems awesome, I can’t wait to start testing him and hopefully I’ll have a new R3 soon!

Comments

• JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
    I can’t wait to try him. I was pretty bummed when I duped my six star civil warrior recently.
  • GlassbackGlassback Posts: 378 ★★★
    This is an amazing wrote up and analysis.

Thanks lad
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Glassback said:

This is an amazing wrote up and analysis.

Thanks lad

Thank you! Just wanna share the hype I’m feeling. Might be disappointed but I like his utility, any damage is a bonus!

I can’t wait to try him. I was pretty bummed when I duped my six star civil warrior recently.

His sig seems really useful to have but not necessary, so congrats!!
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    I wonder if the 2 indefinite armor up buffs go away when you do the hold block for furies. If they do, then his sig essentially only reduces specials damage. I guess this is decent but clearly not necessary. I wasn’t sure whether to take up an unduped 6* or a duped 5*. Seems like probably the 6*.
    mbrace said:

I wonder if the 2 indefinite armor up buffs go away when you do the hold block for furies. If they do, then his sig essentially only reduces specials damage. I guess this is decent but clearly not necessary. I wasn’t sure whether to take up an unduped 6* or a duped 5*. Seems like probably the 6*.

My understanding was they did turn into furies, so it’s just a tiny head start on offence, and maybe more for defence in general.

I think his sig is quite useful, the reduction of special attacks while blocking including sp3 is a super useful niche utility nobody else really has. So it’ll be really interesting to see what difference that makes
  • Sairam44Sairam44 Posts: 474

Ramp up is a bit easier than expected, only 68 hits to get max fury. That’s less than the average cavalier EQ fight

Any video
    Sairam44 said:

Ramp up is a bit easier than expected, only 68 hits to get max fury. That’s less than the average cavalier EQ fight

Any video
    I’ll be putting some on YouTube over the next few days. Winter soldier took me 90 hits
  • Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    He is looking really solid. Ive been testing my 6* r1. I was able to do 8-11k mediums and 21k sp1. Ramp up isn't too annoying either
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Monke said:

A bit too hard to sustain for my liking. better than Sentinel, but I say he lacks a bit behind Mysterio Doc Ock and P99

what
    First thoughts. I like that any champion even throwing a basic attack counts towards the 5 hits for an armour it makes the ramp up really quick.

I like that you can dash back, parry, and your timer to refresh takes place during the parry stun, so no block damage if you play well

His damage is really promising, critting really hard for a short damage build up.

The fury timer is the tiniest bit short, but it’s not impossible by any means, I really like the first impression.

• Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    I'm liking him so far, damage is fairly easy to sustain and he hits like a truck at 50 furies.

Only problem I see are scenarios like biohazard.... You can prevent it with the armour but you can't convert them to fury so you lose all the damage....

Additionally, I think that armor should reduce bleed and poison potency, rather than ability accuracy. This would make him quite good with suicides.

But he looks a lot better than he was before, so I'll take it.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Great write up. I’m still not convinced he’ll be really good and am expecting him to be like Hela with her fury ramp up but I’m hopeful you’re right.
    Rbk19 said:

His ramp up is easy but maintaining that fury is the problem, most of the time you have to concentrate on the fury timer to refresh it. You need aggressive play style to maintain damage. Kabam should have gone like collusus update by making permanent fury with 20 max limit. Finally he is tech gamora

I’m really enjoying it. I don’t think he will be everyone’s cup of tea, with a high pressure play style. But it’s challenging me to be better and find opportunities to refresh.

I like the challenge he brings and I feel there’s a lot of pay off.

And it’s not like Aegon or G2099 where if you lose your combo/furies you feel i like you’re back at the start. In long fights another 30-40 hits and you’ll be back to hitting like a truck
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    He’s incredibly fun and has great utility, imo he’s god tier now. 9/10 on the rework.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

Hmm that's strange, need a mod to comment on this
    Rbk19 said:

His ramp up is easy but maintaining that fury is the problem, most of the time you have to concentrate on the fury timer to refresh it. You need aggressive play style to maintain damage. Kabam should have gone like collusus update by making permanent fury with 20 max limit. Finally he is tech gamora

You don't really need to be agressive, since it is very 5 hit "thrown by either champion" , you can let the opponent throw 5 hits into mid air and then refresh. You just need to get 5 with any combination of: attacks into blocks by either champ, attacks by either champ into mid air, hits by either champ.

If you need to bait out a special, if you dex 5 times then you can refresh your furies. It's tight sometimes, but much easier than expected
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

Rbk19 said:

If you need to bait out a special, if you dex 5 times then you can refresh your furies. It's tight sometimes, but much easier than expected
    Agreed — I rarely had fewer than 10 in longer fights and probably average around 20-30

Not saying it doesn’t require a bit of concentration, but it isn’t that hard, either