**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What are your original Side Quest Ideas?

I know it is unrealistic to expect something new and original each month.
But I also feel like it is mostly just regular fights with not so unique node combinations. The only new thing is a new intricate method of getting the reward.

For example, I had this idea where fights could take place in a smaller/shorter platform. Like a cage fight. You can't really back away much and you have to dex (or block) all aspect of special attacks even non-projectiles.
To be fair, a couple of months ago there was a "root" mechanic in a side event which was new and I appreciated it. But, as far as I know, we didn't see it again.

So what are your original side quest ideas or node combinations?

Comments

• RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    A bug free Side Quest
    Jokes. I think it would promote roster diversity if they made use of the hashtags. Like one week it would be #Villain and the next #XL then #Alpha Flight. It would be challenging but isn't that what we all want?
  • KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    Rookiie said:

A bug free Side Quest

Jokes. I think it would promote roster diversity if they made use of the hashtags. Like one week it would be #Villain and the next #XL then #Alpha Flight. It would be challenging but isn't that what we all want?
    No, this requires a really diverse roster. I still dont have a good villain or XL champ let alone alpha flight.
    KRoNX1 said:

Rookiie said:

A bug free Side Quest

No, this requires a really diverse roster. I still dont have a good villain or XL champ let alone alpha flight.
    Maybe the rewards can be crystals that give you one of the champs required for the next quest .. ?
    I like the idea of having to build your roster away from the meta, and this is a good way of doing that
  • KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    Rookiie said:

KRoNX1 said:

Rookiie said:

A bug free Side Quest

Maybe the rewards can be crystals that give you one of the champs required for the next quest .. ?
    I like the idea of having to build your roster away from the meta, and this is a good way of doing that
    That idea is good. But for progressing players, they have to grow their roster according to meta to progress.
    KRoNX1 said:

Rookiie said:

KRoNX1 said:

Rookiie said:

A bug free Side Quest

That idea is good. But for progressing players, they have to grow their roster according to meta to progress.
    Yeah like we always look at class based stuff or mechanics to beat other champions - but what if there was a different way to interact with the quest?
    Like a David & Goliath node that gives #S champions extra attack against #XL champs
    Or comic accurate stuff like giving #Avengers an advantage against #Villains
    You know, stuff along those lines
  • Felix33Felix33 Posts: 47
    Rookiie said:

KRoNX1 said:

Rookiie said:

KRoNX1 said:

Rookiie said:

A bug free Side Quest

Yeah like we always look at class based stuff or mechanics to beat other champions - but what if there was a different way to interact with the quest?
    Like a David & Goliath node that gives #S champions extra attack against #XL champs
    Or comic accurate stuff like giving #Avengers an advantage against #Villains
    You know, stuff along those lines
    Yes! Simple but very effective. I want to play with different champions even when there isn't any restrictions but, when there is limited entry, I end up using my best rank5s.

There could also be a ramp-up feature in-quest. Not necessarily damage ramp up like aegon but more heroes/villians/etc. you beat, you gain some unique buffs (maybe even their abilities)
  • Felix33Felix33 Posts: 47
    Don't exactly remember when was this, possibly when the Venom movie came out a couple of years ago.
    They gave us a 1-star Symbiod pet to "look after". It had some insane abilities and buffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THCAY-nPXKY&ab_channel=SeatinManofLegends
  • PrentexPrentex Posts: 275
    In my opinion this months side quest is pretty complicated, honestly i like the straight forward ones the most (straight forward meaning how is the whole side quest designed, not the difficulty). Tbh I am not a big fan of those entry tokens/feathers/coins or whatever it is, or when you have to do a quest every day or otherwise you miss out on rewards..

But on topic, yeah i would appreciate quests where you benefit from using certain tagged champs. I think the cav eq is pretty fun because you don't use the 5 same champs for almost every quest but have to switch around a bit. 7.1 also manages that pretty well, almost every lane prefers a different champ setup