**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Aegon Breakdown

Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
Ok before we start, I did not make this guide. I couldn't find a guide on Aegon at all, so I asked a favor.
This guide was made by an old friend.
Hope this helps out

Aegon
Class: Skill.

Base abilities:

Base crit rate starts at 0. This crit rate increases by X amount for each hit on the combo meter.

While charging a heavy attack, he gains a combo shield buff for 6 seconds, and while he has a combo shield, he can't lose more than 5% of his health from basic attacks. Safeguard ability does not work against specials. When Combo shield expires, it goes on cooldown for 15 seconds.
Landing a Heavy Attack reduces the cooldown of this ability by 3 second(s).

When struck: Aegon gains a fury buff, increasing attack by X amount. This stacks up to 6 times.

He unlocks many abilities as his combo meter goes higher and higher.

5 hits: Critical hits have a 40% chance to shrug off 1+ debuffs

10 hits: Increased crit rate by X amount

20 hits: Activate combo shield whenever the opponent evades and gain 45% chance to go unstoppable for 2 secs
This will NOT activate while combo shield is on cooldown

30 hits: Aegon can land critical hits through opponents block

50 hits: Aegon goes passively unstoppable for 1 sec while charging heavy

75 hits: Opponent's block prof is decreased by -85% while Aegon strikes them with a critical hit

100 hits: Critical hits have a 100% chance to shrug off 1+ debuffs

150 hits: Critical hits grant a true accuracy buff for 0.75 secs. This stacks up to 3 times.

200 hits: Critical hits ignore 100% of opponents physical resistance

300 hits: Critical hits grant a fury buff, increasing attack by X amount for 0.75 secs. Stacks up to 3 times.

500 hits: Critical Hits cause Opponents to suffer -100% reduced Defensive Ability Accuracy for Ægon’s next hit.

750 Hits – Critical Hits grant 1.50 seconds of Unstoppable and Combo Shield. This stacks up to 3 times.

1000 Hits – Critical Hits cause Ægon’s next Hit to be Unblockable.

Gain 1 additional Fury Buff for every 50 hits on the Combo Meter, then refresh those Buffs. Ægon can have up to 6 Fury Buffs total.

Signature ability: Relentless Assault:

End of Fight

At the end of the fight, Ægon adds X% of his final Combo Meter into his Persistent Combo, up to 999 hits total. Ægon’s abilities that count the Combo Meter add his Persistent Combo on top of it.

Special attacks:

Special 1: ISO Discharge – Ægon releases the energy in his phantom limb as a blast of cosmic energy.

Developer Note: This Special Attack has no additional effects, but the blast of energy is able to hit the Opponent multiple times, which is useful for building up Ægon’s Combo Meter.

Special 2:.Spear of the Forsaken – Ægon knocks back his Opponent, invokes his phantom limb holding a spear, then attacks with a series of slashes and strikes.

100% chance to inflict Bleed over 6 seconds, dealing 135.1 direct damage for each hit of the Combo Meter, up to 60 hits.
Developer Note: This attack is an excellent source of damage, especially once Ægon has reached 60 hits, and has one or more Fury effects from being struck.

Special 3: Beyond Limits – Ægon charges up his Iso-belt beyond his own limits, and releases the energy in a violent blast, tearing up the ground and sending his Opponent flying.

100% chance to Stun the Opponent for 1 second(s). The duration of the Stun increases by 0.10 second(s) for each hit of the Combo Meter, up to 7 second(s) total.

Synergy Partner(s) Effect(s)
David and Goliath The Champion portrait.png Ægon: +20% Attack Rating while fighting larger Champions.
The Champion: +20% Attack Rating while fighting smaller Champions.
Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies.
Combo Breakers Proxima Midnight portrait.pngStar-Lord portrait.png Ægon, Proxima Midnight, Star-Lord: Activates Combo Shield for 5 seconds when this Champion would lose their Combo Meter. This ability activates only 1 time per fight.
Warriors of the Stars Angela portrait.pngProxima Midnight portrait.pngCaptain Marvel (Classic) portrait.png Ægon, Angela, Proxima Midnight, Captain Marvel (Classic): +25% Potency to Fury effects.
Friends Sentry portrait.png Ægon: Well-Timed Blocks guarantee Ægon’s next hit will be a Critical Hit.
Sentry: +200 Critical Rate and Critical Damage Rate for each Reality Warp.
Incoming Synergy Partner(s) Effect(s)
David and Goliath The Champion portrait.png Ægon: +20% Attack Rating while fighting larger Champions.
The Champion: +20% Attack Rating while fighting smaller Champions.

Strengths
Evade – Spider-Man, Nightcrawler, and others
Ægon gains an ability at 20 Combo Meter hits that grants him Unstoppable and Combo Shield when an Opponent triggers an evade effect. These allow him to just keep on pummeling his enemy, even when they evade, at a very early point in the fight. Later on, at 150 hits, he gains True Accuracy when he lands a critical hit, further cementing his advantage against Evade.
Void
Many of Ægon’s attacks have multiple hits, so that he can easily build his Combo Meter. This has an additional benefit against Void, as Void’s opponent’s can purify one of his debuffs for every 10 hits on their Combo Meter. Additionally, Ægon has the ability to shrug off debuffs when he lands Critical Hits (starting at 5 hits on his Combo Meter), giving him an another way to remove the debuffs.
Weaknesses
Unblockable
The majority of Ægon’s abilities require him to build his Combo Meter, and he loses them when the meter is reset. This makes Unblockable attacks even more dangerous to him, since the only way to avoid them (and maintain Combo Meter) is by dashing backwards at the right time.
Glancing – Ant-Man, Captain America (Infinity War)
Once his Combo Meter is high enough, Ægon’s Critical Hits grant him a wide variety of new strengths and abilities. However, the Glancing ability, present on champions like Ant-Man, completely disables Critical Hits, which weakens Ægon significantly.

Recommended Masteries
Cruelty
When his Combo Meter gets high enough, most of Ægon’s attacks will be Critical Hits, so anything that increases Critical Damage Rate is worthwhile
Precision
Ægon’s passive ability turns the Critical Rate gained from Precision directly into Critical Damage Rate. So while he won’t gain an increased chance to land Critical Hits from this Mastery, it will still increase his damage.
Deep Wounds
The Bleed that Ægon inflicts from his Special 2 can be incredibly damaging in the right spots. This mastery improves the effectiveness of that Bleed even more.

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    Today I learned Aegon's kit turns precision into cruelty. How did I not know that?
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

Today I learned Aegon's kit turns precision into cruelty. How did I not know that?

I'll learn that the day I actually read this guide, or pull an Aegon
    So you posted this guide without actually reading it? 😭😭💀💀
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

I'm running on pizza, caffeine, and executive dysfunction. Of course I did
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

This devalues your original post, but pizza and caffeine pills is a way of life. Gotta figure out how to read and eat.
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Crcrcrc said:

This devalues your original post, but pizza and caffeine pills is a way of life. Gotta figure out how to read and eat.
    I couldn't find a guide on Aegon anywhere. So someone made one for me. Also I drink actual coffee, no matter how good or bad it tastes, if I has coffee, it's being consumed