**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is it bad to play the game non competitively

Recently ive noticed that majority of the people who play this game, play it talking about snynergies and buffs and nodes and all that stuff. I use the champs that look the coolest to me and it gets the job done, is that bad. am i the only one?

Comments

• Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,812 ★★★★★
    I play using only the heroes 95% of the time and they're the ones I rank up. I've stalled in story mode at act 3 one route. I've been concentrating on monthly EQ and SQ and then doing the back issues. I don't play arena (unless it's the 5* shards one and I did do Jubes'). I don't fret about who I have, I just accept who I get and - sometimes - sigh.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    No of course not, its important to learn the basics, but the game is meant to be fun, play the game how you want it.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

I play using only the heroes 95% of the time and they're the ones I rank up. I've stalled in story mode at act 3 one route. I've been concentrating on monthly EQ and SQ and then doing the back issues. I don't play arena (unless it's the 5* shards one and I did do Jubes'). I don't fret about who I have, I just accept who I get and - sometimes - sigh.

why don’t you use villains?
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,812 ★★★★★
    because I want to play as/be the hero. I still have a very infantile view that the bad guys are bad and playing as the bad guy is, ipso facto, bad. Even though I'm 43 and I know full well sometimes "bad" things can be done for "good" reasons.

And for anyone curious, yes, I do count Punisher and Deadpool as good guys.
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I'm taking a 2 month break from Alliance-stuff just so I don't feel leashed to the game. I still play every day, but just the fact that it's 'optional' is incredibly liberating.

Wish the game had more solo-accomidation. Solo players spend money too, Kabam.
  • Options
    ValmarxValmarx Posts: 521 ★★★
    I respect and appreciate the players that are actually play the game and enjoy it.
    Puts smile to see players still level up Blade, Ghost Rider, Star Lord or Gamora f.e.
    instead of grinding for the mainstream and being upset not pulling Doom.
    And no, I dont have Doom, Aegon or Hyperion.
    And I enjoy the game fully, just takes longer and more unit consumption.
    Idc.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    There's no wrong way to play the game. If you enjoy just ranking and using whoever you like for whatever reason, awesome. There's a good chance that as you move along in the game that can possibly slow you down but as long as you're aware of that, don't care, and are enjoying yourself don't let anyone else tell you what you should be doing.