**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How hard is the Grandmaster?

Zoom123Zoom123 Posts: 28
edited March 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I'm 3 quests away from the grandmaster and Im planning to use doom. Ive only got 500 units stacked up and was wondering how many other people used and how they found the fight in general. The fight dosent look too bad overall but ive heard the reverse controls can be very challenging. What do you think
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    People have cried fighting him and some have took weeks to defeat him.
    >:)
  • Zoom123Zoom123 Posts: 28

depends on your skill level

probably somewhere in the middle
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Ægon=ez dubs. The name of the game is lots of critical hits, but really anyone CAN do it. Just watch a video or two before going in. Packing a reverse control immune could be handy for his penultimate phase.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    I found it pretty hard, but in a more fun and not frustrating way like other hard content in the game. Watch some videos, mentally prepare youself to be nowhere near as good as those people, have a bunch of revives ready. I'd say try to get to 1k units so you won't get stuck.

Agree with Hammerbro on the reverse control immune, that last phase was a piece of Cake with Sinister
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Zoom123 said:

I'm 3 quests away from the grandmaster and Im planning to use doom. Ive only got 500 units stacked up and was wondering how many other people used and how they found the fight in general. The fight dosent look too bad overall but ive heard the reverse controls can be very challenging. What do you think

Watch videos on the fight so you know what will be happening in each phase. I did the fight with only the revives and potions in my stash, no units, and I'm definitely only average as a player.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    a thousand units or more should be a comfy amount. the main thing was him being really weird in the second to last phase with a passive ai
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 841 ★★★
    He’s hard, but really fun. I spent a couple of revives as I messed up a couple of times but he’s not really difficult if you have some skill.
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 531 ★★★
    I used about 600-700 units on my first try and I consider myself middle of the pack skill level. Most of my deaths were from stupid mistakes. I wasn’t paying enough attention to him and ate a couple special 1’s. I also used Aegon and then prof x for reverse controls.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Id say about 4/10 if you know what your doing and have good skill.

9/10 if you don't know how the phases work, suck with reverse controls, make blunders all the time and just can't light and medium intercept
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Unio77 said:

Id say about 4/10 if you know what your doing and have good skill.

9/10 if you don't know how the phases work, suck with reverse controls, make blunders all the time and just can't light and medium intercept

well I’m screwed when I get there in 2056
  • BlôdletterBlôdletter Posts: 444 ★★★
    I paid 1k units, but I sucked hard, I ate almost every SP1
  • ToastyToasty Posts: 155 ★★
    Hard