**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

is intercepting is a combination between skill, luck and the champ itself?

RhyuRhyu Posts: 127
edited March 2021 in Strategy and Tips
yea, as simple as that. do perfect intercept its a comb between skill, luck and the champ.

yea been doin a lot of the comb since its fun but its so hard to perfectly intercept with some champ.

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    I feel like for me it’s easier to intercept with certain champs

Like I’m more likely to consistently intercept with Killmonger than the Champion
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I like intercepting with CMM.
  • Options

I think it's skill and champ. Not so much luck.

have u ever try to intercepting apo with 4 charge?
  • Options

I feel like for me it’s easier to intercept with certain champs

Like I’m more likely to consistently intercept with Killmonger than the Champion

agreed, i felt the same way, sometimes certain champ make the intercept game even better and easier
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    i feel like i'm more accurate with intercepting with champs with smoother backdraft animations i.e. CMM, BWDO, Sparky, Void
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Pattern recognition for the most part. Distance/spacing, action delay/rhythm, etc. This mainly only works against hard AI, mind. 'Easy AI' will just walk into your face, stare at you, and intercept your medium with a special from inches away.

The best way to learn how to Intercept is by dexing the opponent's rushing medium. An intercept is basically the same thing, just the opposite direction.
  • Options
    RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    Skill (experience), champ and AI
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Not luck but AI
  • Options
    KevanproGKevanproG Posts: 308 ★★
    Champs like Domino CMM and Stealth are always easy for me to intercept the A.I for some reason I think for Domino it's because of the gun.
  • Options
    bruhmomento69bruhmomento69 Posts: 157
    for me, interception depends on character and skill imo. I find Monke way easier to intercept than larger characters like venom. Also, the wasp is very easy to learn to help with intercepting. Then again there are crazy skilled people like Swedeah who manages to intercept htd with barely any flaws.
  • Options
    Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Posts: 488 ★★★
    Rhyu said:

I think it's skill and champ. Not so much luck.

have u ever try to intercepting apo with 4 charge?
    Yes. I use Starky for that - a good intercept champ because it's an iffy opponent to intercept. Not luck.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    There's really no luck involved, sorry to tell ya.

That being said, some champs I find easier to intercept with. Light intercepting is easy with Warlock, Hood, G99. Medium intercepting is easy with Stealthy, Doom, CMM. Just to name a few.
  • Options
    TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    Depends on AI cooperation and skill. But I feel like I intercept better with Warlock and Corvus than anyone else
  • Options
    SpinnakerSpinnaker Posts: 271 ★★★
    There's definitely skill involved, but if you aren't feeling as skillful, there are some champions with animations that make intercepting much easier. I believe Doctor Voodoo and Warlock are champions who can intercept dashes with their lights after a full dexterity while most other champs would need a shallow dex