**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

It's time - Ability to Rank Down and NO Cap on items - Hear me out

Kabaam,

First off, I'm a huge fan of the game. I've been playing for well over 2 years (almost 3).
I think it's time to make a few MUCH requested changes and here is my logic.

1. I'd like to see the ability to rank down a champ WHENEVER I WANT and get all resources back. NO MORE NEED FOR RANK DOWN TICKETS.....
My reasoning....

a) You keep making massive changes to the game (which is fine) like 6* champs, nerfs of popular champs, new nodes, new champs, new masteries, nerfs of masteries, and MANY other changes that CANNOT be worked into a players strategy for ranking up champs.
b) We have EARNED the champs and resources to rank them up. Therefore, they should be OUR resources to use and reallocate as we please.
c) Charge a small amount of Gold or something along those lines to make the change, but give us back ALL of the key and rare resources (such as catalysts) back.
d) GOODWILL toward your customer base! This would produce a HUGE amount of goodwill for your company since this is one of the biggest challenges of players that would be easy for you to fix.

2. There shouldn't be a cap on resources earned.
My reasoning....

a) We have earned the resources and should be able to spend them when we want, not by force because they are expiring.
b) Resources used to be "unlimited". Putting caps on them seems like a money grab by you to force players to use or sell resources when they didn't need them so that they would eventually buy more resources when needed.
c) Correcting this issue would go a LONG WAY to building goodwill with your customer base.
d) I shouldn't have to rank up a crappy champ because my basic t4s or class t4s are expiring and my options are to sell them or rank up a **** champ.
e) If I could hold onto an unlimited amount of resources, I could better work this into my long-term strategy for rank ups.

Comments

• NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    I appreciate the fact that you explained why you want this feature, instead of going on a huge rant like most other RDT threads
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    It's a wasted effort. The position of Kabam is no more rank down tickets unless major changes (nerfing) are made to existing champs. Changes to war and the addition of 6*s is not enough to justify rank down tickets. As for changes to masteries like willpower they refunded all units used to purchase it.
  • MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 144
    edited October 2017
    IGOODWILL toward your customer base! This would produce a HUGE amount of goodwill for your company since this is one of the biggest challenges of players that would be easy for you to fix.

So you will be happy and ignore all the bugs and lags and all the nerf if you just have "RDT"?
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    Goodwill doesnt pay no bills
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    edited October 2017
    Point 1 - been explained time and time and time and time again that RDT is very bad for the game. Go read them all, then you will understand. Plus re the resources used: so if you R5 a champ for example, use that champ many times to get more resources and rewards etc. Then you demand to take the resources back that you used to R5 that champ in the first place. Do you then get to keep all the new shiny resources and rewards that champ got you while at R5? That doesnt seem fair, you should lose all rewards earned if you want the resources back. BUT the main thing is, read why RDT is very bad before you go making demands

Point 2 - been explained again many times. The reason resources expire is because they take up bandwidth and cost Kabam actual money to increase this. So who would pay for your demands on this point? And even if they were willing to pay the very high costs to increase this, it would impact the game speed even more, do you want that?

So summary, point 1 is bad for the game (a lot!!) and would cost Kabam literally millions every month, point 2 would also be bad for the game and would cost Kabam literally millions to do

So the answers you want are no, and no
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    As long as your suggestions cut into their profits, you can forget about any reasoning.

Why would they take your word for it and do something that will reduce their profit when you don't even have a clue about their financial report?

You know certain things are there for them to generate revenue, and yet you ask them to do without it. There is no argument in the world that can justify that.
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    d) I shouldn't have to rank up a crappy champ because my basic t4s or class t4s are expiring and my options are to sell them or rank up a **** champ.

you cant sell tier 4 cats
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Usually I don't care about Rank Down, but you have good points.

About the items I'm agree too. At least this cap should be increase. A lot.

Or we should be able to merge items. For example, it's outdated we're full of ISOs T1/T2 but ranking up 4*s, 5*s and tomorrow 6*s. Even ranking up 3*s r4 using t1/2 ISOs is a joke.
    We already could merge items (potions and ISOs) in the pasts, it could be back, a standard feature. You don't lose doing it. For example if we merge potions actually we're losing some health points. We're losing possible points for items use too. So, we're losing/wining merging items, we're wining something but paying a price. You're always wining.

Also we would be able to sell items from the stash. For example I've no time for duels now, then I've loads of duels seals expiring and I should sell it 5 each time. Or the ISOs, maybe I've some t1s expiring but I first should sell/use my t4s of the inventory then claim the t1s from the stash, I should save what I didn't want and lose what I want!.
  • WoodchuckWoodchuck Posts: 18
    Ok, I understand the reasoning about not giving out the RDT and they say "they only give them when they nerf/change a character" but they did change the war to diversity Base and most of us built a roster for the old war now the people we used to have we have multiple rank 5. So now we could rank down some of those and rank up some people we think are useless but now can have better diversity for war. I think if they give out say 5 RDT to each account that should be sufficient.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Once again, generic RDT's will not be back.
    No champion was changed. By that logic, EVERY champ was affected in different alliances. Even spider-gwen and kamala khan on thorns node.
    So its impossible to determine which champions would deserve a RDT