**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I was unaware Namor could do this

So I meant to post this a few months back but this was one of the eq bosses in December. Namor’s Sig at max states he reflects all damage back when attacking back at the opponent as energy damage. But this ability is not limited to just DOT effects. He can reflect the damage of the hits of specials as well if Namor attacks at the right moment. In the gif below Magneto uses an all powerful pimp slap to Namor’s face. But the SubMariner doesn’t care. He throws it right back at me and Magneto is k’oed instantly. So with this info, if Namor hit an unstoppable opponent and they throw an SP3 immediately after, could the damage be reflected?

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Yup, happens a lot when I'm tryna spam SP 1 against him with Hyperion.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

Makes him really good against ghost too...there's this namor in one of the lanes of 6.4.3 and i used ghost against him...he was taking 0 hits from many of ghost's phase intercepts and reflecting all the damage back to her...took me a couple of revives to understand the interaction...though I am not sure that it's supposed to work this way

The sig clearly states "when attacking", so if the attack whiffs or gets blocked doesn't matter.
  • Reverend_RuckusReverend_Ruckus Posts: 407 ★★★

I think it’s even crazier you got this on video and in such a good gif

I’ve started to record gameplay just if stuff like this happens
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,631 ★★★★★
    Yeah its specifically if you try to intercept his attack with a special, or in situations like ghost's phasing. I really appreciate that he doesnt damage reflect all damaging debuffs like he does on offense or fighting Namor would be such a pain in endgame scenarios
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

Makes him really good against ghost too...there's this namor in one of the lanes of 6.4.3 and i used ghost against him...he was taking 0 hits from many of ghost's phase intercepts and reflecting all the damage back to her...took me a couple of revives to understand the interaction...though I am not sure that it's supposed to work this way

They should fix that interaction and whilst there at it put namor back to how he use to be, the most stupid pointless nerf ever
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Qfury said:

They should fix that interaction and whilst there at it put namor back to how he use to be, the most stupid pointless nerf ever
    It's not broken. They made him that way on purpose when people were cheesing the map 7 thanos boss leaving one eye open up. Went round and round with support after they changed him and I deleted myself multiple times on one eye open by throwing a sp2 and having it stun the opponent and kill me. They have zero intention of changing it and it's working correctly as far as they're concerned
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/949415

Thread that was going on when they changed Namor
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Fun times with colossus against namor. Reflects back all damage colossus deals in parry. Found out the hard way in incursions. Its fun when we play as namor. Terrible when fighting against him.
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★

@SidDDragon it is as the game still counts Namor as intercepting. Phase 2 hits before retaliating or else you’ll take reflection damage.