**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I Made It! Mojo Playstyle Guide

SpinnakerSpinnaker Posts: 271 ★★★
Hi everyone. This is my guide to the different playstyles for Mojo. Mojo is an incredible champion, and he has a lot of utility depending on his playstyle that was overlooked by a lot of the community since most people play him with the standard rotation that I will outline. His rotations are incredibly straightforward and obvious (not like CGR or anything) but just knowing about them and what they can do may bring some light into some of his other uses in game. As a disclaimer, I will not be breaking down his abilities (since you can read that on a spotlight or in game) but I will be breaking down how to play him.

https://youtu.be/CdUeYJNNcyE

tl;dw (too long didn't watch)
Standard Rotation
Recommended Mystic Dispersion: 3/5 or 4/5

This is the easiest (and most well-known) rotation to use and it is optimal for getting big damage quickly. The goal here is to focus on completing prompts while launching the special 2.

Through this rotation, you do not want to throw a special 3, since it has the same amount of degenerations as the special 2, but it costs an extra bar of power. For every 2 SP3s that you throw, you lose out on an entire degeneration cycle from the sp2 which will decrease the damage output.

The power gain during this rotation will be very high, even in a match without buffs, because the hater buffs feed MD, the prompt completion gains 50% of a bar of power, and the basic hits give power, so 5/5 MD is overkill because it will push you to a sp3 quickly which is avoidable with a lower level of mystic dispersion

Overall, this rotation doesn't need a lot of explanation because it is fairly simple to manage

Parry Heavy
Recommended Mystic Dispersion: 4/5
Recommended Synergy: Guardian + M.O.D.O.K

The name says it all... parry and heavy. This is a strategy that is used for many champs already, but it has a very important use for Mojo. Mojo's heavy attack and SP2 are all non contact hits, and that alone gives this playstyle quite a bit of utility. For starters, this gets around Electro, Killmonger's reverberation, and Thorns damage back.

Mojo's kit is also fairly conducive to this playstyle. Putting aside the elephant in the room (which is Mojo's low block proficiency), the passive power gain allows Mojo to get to his sp2 quickly. Heavy attacks reset the prompts too, so this also almost helps guarantee that you never lose followers, since the hard prompts will reset. Furthermore, the M.O.D.O.K. synergy gives him an incinerate off of the heavy attack, which deals extra damage (to help this rotation be a bit quicker). This synergy is nice to have, but it is in no ways necessary.

To address the block proficiency, the Guardian synergy helps a lot, but it isn't totally necessary. The regeneration off of buff expiration is a lot more underrated than people give it credit for, and it helps towards his sustainability. I was able to easily solo Electro Luke Cage with this playstyle.

Mojo and Go Slow
Recommended Mystic Dispersion: 4/5 or 5/5
Recommended Synergy: Guardian

This is one of my favorite playstyles with Mojo because it was one that I discovered and have used repeatedly on tough fights. The idea behind this was inspired by Quake and Omega Red (you can probably tell seeing how the name is similar to Quake and Bake), where you can deal a lot of passive damage by not touching the opponent. The way this works is fairly straightforward. Without touching the opponent, you complete prompts. By using a mixture of parry and dex to stay away from the opponent, this is manageable.

Every time a prompt is completed, two things happen. The first is that a hater buff is placed on the opponent. Once this expires, it turns into a degeneration that damages the opponent. Additionally, completing a prompt grants 50% of a bar of power. The hater buff expiring also gives some extra power due to mystic dispersion. This allows you to build up to a sp3 passively, without ever hitting the opponent. The sp3 can then be launched to place 5 degenerations, and the cycle can then be repeated.

This is where Mojo's utility really shines. This playstyle allows him to take nodes like biohazard and caustic temper (I personally defeated 6.2.2 Mr. Sinister with this strategy) where any hits against the defender can trigger a debuff back on Mojo. It also can keep the power of the opponents under control. This is how I took down the Variant 5 Scarlet Witch boss with vivified, because it allowed me to avoid the poison rng from crits and it helped me keep her power down.

Final Comments
I hope this post helps you gain a greater appreciation for Mojo, or at least understand how to play him in a variety of different nodes and scenarios. If you enjoyed this guide and would like to support my new channel, I would definitely appreciate if you subscribe (I plan on doing more Mojo content for sure and I'll try branching out to other champs), but even if you don't, I hope you enjoy using Mojo as much as I do :smile:

Comments

• Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Great write up.

Interesting, didn't know about no contact heavies or SP2. It isn't mentioned in the character spotlight at all.

Is the sig ability needed (and if so, what level) for all the playstyles?

• Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Very interesting, thank you for this. I have had mystic sig stones constantly in my overflow for eons now and I have slowly been feeding them to my r1 5* Mojo because he was my best option for mystic sig stones, even though he wasn't ranked up. I may rank him up now.
  • Options
    HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Just started reading up on him since I duped him as a 6*. Awesome to see a write up like this!

Though I've noticed something strange. His prompts usually were stun, dash back, block a hit, use a sp, hold block, and charge a heavy (at least those are what usually see whenever I use him in arena).

Did he have all these prompts before? Sorry for the dumb question, just shows how inexperienced I am with him.
  • Options
    altavista said:

Great write up.

Interesting, didn't know about no contact heavies or SP2. It isn't mentioned in the character spotlight at all.

Is the sig ability needed (and if so, what level) for all the playstyles?

It's so weird that they don't describe it in the spotlight! The Sig ability is one of those things that is very helpful for Mojo regardless of how he is played. All of these rotations can be done without it because all of the hater buffs which turn to degenerations and the sp2 degenerations are all on his base kit, but the fury from the sig ability helps the fights go much faster and the persistent charge system gives a big safety net if you miss out on completing a prompt.

In terms of what level to have his sig at, he benefits a lot from sig 1. Just the awakening gives a fury that about doubles his attack and it allows him to avoid ramping up on later fights which makes playing him go by much faster. There's no specific sig level to have him at (like Angela and Archangel) but every level gives him more damage

Standard Rotation: Sig 1 works
    Parry Heavy: Sig 1 works but you will want it higher for fights to go quicker
    Mojo and Go Slow: You want as high of a sig as possible for this one, because the block damage will probably kill you before you finish fights

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited March 2021

Very interesting, thank you for this. I have had mystic sig stones constantly in my overflow for eons now and I have slowly been feeding them to my r1 5* Mojo because he was my best option for mystic sig stones, even though he wasn't ranked up. I may rank him up now.

Glad to hear it :smile: That's exactly what I did (since there aren't too many sig dependent mystic champs compared to other classes imo) and it worked very well

Thanks!
    Post edited by Kabam Loto on
  • Options
    Hieitaku said:

Just started reading up on him since I duped him as a 6*. Awesome to see a write up like this!

Though I've noticed something strange. His prompts usually were stun, dash back, block a hit, use a sp, hold block, and charge a heavy (at least those are what usually see whenever I use him in arena).

Did he have all these prompts before? Sorry for the dumb question, just shows how inexperienced I am with him.

No worries it isn't a dumb question. The prompts are all RNG dependent and he has had all of these prompts before. It may feel like some show up more than others but it should balance out in the end. I might try to document the "drop rates" on his prompts to see if they truly are all equal like @DNA3000 does on crystals but from what I've played they feel like they drop equally
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Spinnaker said:

Hieitaku said:

No worries it isn't a dumb question. The prompts are all RNG dependent and he has had all of these prompts before. It may feel like some show up more than others but it should balance out in the end. I might try to document the "drop rates" on his prompts to see if they truly are all equal like @ DNA3000 does on crystals but from what I've played they feel like they drop equally
    The easier ones drop first while things like punish specials and back into corner only show up when you have a higher amount of audience members.