**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

March: How Do you feel about the current state of the contest?

2»

Comments

• MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    g it’s time to make the HB is a top 1 tech thread

It’s kind of just been 3 standard months in the game. No big content, no utterly game breaking champs, the buffs have been great but nothing earth shattering.

It’s been very quiet in game I think it’s fair to say. Most of my time is spent grinding arena, and I’m losing enthusiasm for a that a bit

I’m really hoping we get a variant, challenge or even 7.2 next month.

I know for my account personally, it’s been pretty much completely stagnant since January when I explored abyss. But that’s because I’ve got everything done, that isn’t really Kabam’s fault.

Overall, the state of the game is...it’s good. I’m tired out but I think it’s in a healthy place. Buffs are bringing some much needed improvement to people’s rosters, Cav EQ is now actually rewarding, the side quests, while not perfect, having been too bad in terms of grindiness.

The new champs have probably been the worst thing this year. Stryfe is by far and away the best. Jubilee is pretty good, I really like her, but most of her impact is early to mid game. Psycho man is super interesting, but the damage is too low to actually be viable in a lot of situations over other options. Super skrull was just terrible. Mangog is very much a mixed bag, better than jubilee but is lacking in the practicality department, and using his utility murders all his damage. Odin is incredibly meh by himself, and just improves numbers on a lot of other champs, but doesn’t do much to make them practical like Apoc

Still, I’m going to grind the 5* in arena. Or attempt to.

The game just needs something that people can get excited for, especially mid month because geez is the game dead right now. No buff news, no inkling what’s coming next month, no community vote, not even any leaks

And of course, the overarching mystery of where Sigil witch is.

Agree with this.

Incursions are fire, my favorite game mode.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    Still decently fun
    Feeling green where are you 😢
  • Was525Was525 Posts: 98
    I’m tired out
    Last 2 side events have been lazy by kabam. It’s been boring for endgame players with out any big new content or actually fun side events. Hopefully they pick it up a bit. Last month I didn’t even do eq. Only did aq and aw
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,361 ★★★★★
    Still decently fun
    I enjoyed the Cav EQ but started exploring Act 6 and it is really unfun. Might never do it.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    I’m tired out

It’s kind of just been 3 standard months in the game. No big content, no utterly game breaking champs, the buffs have been great but nothing earth shattering.

It’s been very quiet in game I think it’s fair to say. Most of my time is spent grinding arena, and I’m losing enthusiasm for a that a bit

I’m really hoping we get a variant, challenge or even 7.2 next month.

I know for my account personally, it’s been pretty much completely stagnant since January when I explored abyss. But that’s because I’ve got everything done, that isn’t really Kabam’s fault.

Overall, the state of the game is...it’s good. I’m tired out but I think it’s in a healthy place. Buffs are bringing some much needed improvement to people’s rosters, Cav EQ is now actually rewarding, the side quests, while not perfect, having been too bad in terms of grindiness.

The new champs have probably been the worst thing this year. Stryfe is by far and away the best. Jubilee is pretty good, I really like her, but most of her impact is early to mid game. Psycho man is super interesting, but the damage is too low to actually be viable in a lot of situations over other options. Super skrull was just terrible. Mangog is very much a mixed bag, better than jubilee but is lacking in the practicality department, and using his utility murders all his damage. Odin is incredibly meh by himself, and just improves numbers on a lot of other champs, but doesn’t do much to make them practical like Apoc

Still, I’m going to grind the 5* in arena. Or attempt to.

The game just needs something that people can get excited for, especially mid month because geez is the game dead right now. No buff news, no inkling what’s coming next month, no community vote, not even any leaks

And of course, the overarching mystery of where Sigil witch is.

Agree with this.

Incursions are fire, my favorite game mode.
    I like incursions, but having to do them with someone else kills it for me, and the time commitment. It’s difficult to sync up our schedules as is

If it was a solo game mode I would be inclined to agree, and I would even make the zone 20 push
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    I’m tired out
    Not too bad but boring for me. I'm currently stuck in 6.2.2. No roster to advance or do variants. Bugs mean I can't do LOL nor try AQ maps higher than 4.
    Today I finally got the champ I need to do Cav eq, maybe that will keep me busy while I count the days until the next content drop.
    We need something more interesting than monthly eq. A new variant, hopefully one that my roster can handle would be ideal
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Still decently fun
    The game just chill like my name, so no complain, waiting for buff tho...
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    Super fun
    I am enjoying it
  • _I__I_ Posts: 306
    Other
    Game isn't fun but repetitive. Nodes are created to suck in units, but still play due to pandemic forced social distancing thingy. Green event not coming kind of sounds like Kabam's sales have Dropped indication too which further proves players aren't spending as it's getting so boring.

The Abby's, The 7.1 and so on are definitely for either whales or game addicts heavy grinders , so the casual players has nothing fresh or interesting to do. There are plenty for new comers n end gamers but almost nothing for midgamers. And this is where the rising discontent is brewing from.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 840 ★★★★
    Other
    All permanent content 100% apart from Lol and Abyss. Still no Aegon.

Lately I’m struggling to find the motivation to do much in the game. I do my AQ, AW and some EQ if I can be bothered.
    Last month was the first time I didn’t do Cavalier and Uncollected 100%.

The game can be a lot of fun but personally I’m finding general game performance and the amount of bugs particularly demotivating.

• jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    Other
    I like the game, can't do any remotely difficult content because of bugs. Nothing works. I've been in a kind of limbo since around October, waiting and hoping. I still do what I can, used to love this game, now I just don't know. I'm still hoping though.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    I’m tired out
    It's 'decently fun' but I'm 'tired out'.

My good: I still enjoy doing EQ for loot. I still enjoy the occasional Story or Variant path. Hell, I still enjoy arena on occasion -- for stress relief, not loot.

My bad: Alliance-based content drained the **** out of me. It makes you feel chained to the game -- tethered, with a short leash. And naturally if you're going solo, you might as well not play the game. There's just no alternative for solo players, or players with limited time. No glory, no progress.

My ugly: I have a mirror.
  • ElwindElwind Posts: 364 ★★★
    I’m tired out
    Some new contents or new mode will be good.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    g it’s time to make the HB is a top 1 tech thread

It's 'decently fun' but I'm 'tired out'.

My good: I still enjoy doing EQ for loot. I still enjoy the occasional Story or Variant path. Hell, I still enjoy arena on occasion -- for stress relief, not loot.

My bad: Alliance-based content drained the **** out of me. It makes you feel chained to the game -- tethered, with a short leash. And naturally if you're going solo, you might as well not play the game. There's just no alternative for solo players, or players with limited time. No glory, no progress.

My ugly: I have a mirror.

More resources for solo players would be nice tbh. Especially old catalysts like t1 alpha and t4cc.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Still decently fun
    Sometimes I believe the game is too easy, but to make it a little more exciting I always take non traditional champs on paths. The events are cool, and the thing I look most forward to is champion reworks.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Still decently fun
    I’ve just gotten to the bleh stage where I want to play the game but there is nothing to do. I think we need a boss rush type of event every month. Not saying the rewards have to be insane but at least it’s something new. Heck it doesn’t even need to be event related
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    In a bit of a state of limbo, there really just isn’t much to do for me currently
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    Still waiting for Kabam to allow us to sell T4CC for T5CC shards
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Other
    My overall interest is dwindling.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    I’m tired out
    Working on getting TB but its been pretty boring.

The SE have been pretty meh. I like the concept of the Odin one but after a while it gets boring.

I could explore Act 6 but I have no motivation and have been 100% 7.1 because it is more fun.

The SQ is nice gives me t5cc and now it is a nexus which is really nice.

The champs that have come out have all been meh. Odin was a huge letdown and honestly I saw it coming. I mean they do this to a lot of god tier characters in comics.

I think Kabam is trying but it has been really slow and maybe a new road map which is rumored to come out soon might spark some life in people and maybe get us pumped again.

The buffs have been nice too but some still honestly need more but i like that they will be focusing on 1 champ to get a full rework than 2 or 3 a month because it seems they rush them.

Overall it has been a slow year and while I do think April or June is gonna be a big month a lot of people rn are taking a break which is fine but usually when that happens they don't come back for a while. So hopefully we get to see what April will be looking like soon and hopefully it is a really fun and big event that everyone can enjoy.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Still decently fun
    I will have to agree with a lot of the other comments. The bugs are very frustrating, the game has been slow in the past and that is nothing new but I still can't play the game without worrying about a disconnection when I'm not tied to wifi. Hopefully opening all the crystals should help the game run smoothly.