How are champs classified?

Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Member Posts: 805 ★★★
I didn't get on what basis champs are classified as offense: raw damage, burst, dot defence: guard, tank, utility counter: control, denial

Burst is champs who have burst damage, dot is damage over time champs, tank is chunky health chracters that's I'm sure of what about others though? Anyone any idea?

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,934 ★★★★★
    all I know for sure is that raw damage is a champ that does have a bursty phase or DOT, just can put out raw damage. Think kinda like Hyperion with his furies (actually iHulk is also a good example)

Offensive burst is just a champ with a bursty damage phase like Corvus with his charges and on a certain level CGR

Offensive dot is just champs that rely on debuffs to put out their primary damage, examples being iboms poisons and apocalypse’s debuffs

Defensive tank is champs that can take a lot of hits, like ibom, ant-man, apocalypse, etc.

I’d assume defensive utility are champs that have a lot of utility on defense, ie blades regen, caps glancing, nick’s unblockable, etc

You'll notice that everyone tagged def guard has some form of armor, indestructible, or a really high block prof.
    Means that while they don’t have the highest health pools or the damage reduction that ant man consistently has, but they have things that can be used to avoid damage.

Control are like half power control champs and half just shutting things down. (except air walker I genuinely don’t know why he’s on there) Denial also has a lot of power control in there as well but this time with the addition of nullifiers.

• Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Member Posts: 805 ★★★
    Sweet thanks