Options

How I went from almost quitting to about to beat Act 6

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
Last I posted, I was on 6.2.6 with Sorcerer Supreme and had no idea what I was doing wrong and was dying so much. I watched some videos, read some guides, and tried so many times. The answer? Just spam SP1 as many times as possible. So I got to 6.3, and it seemed a lot easier than 6.2 to be honest. The paths are a bit worse because of the higher healthpools, but overall not too bad. I breezed through 6.3.1-6.3.5, and then stopped at 6.3.6 because of the CapIW boss. The best option I had was Sparky, who was at r3. I took him to r5 thinking it would make the fight a breeze. I made a big run the first day I unlocked it, thinking it would take me one or two revives at max. To be fair, I did use 2 revives, but I only took 25% off of him. So obviously I quit out and saved up some more units and made another run 2 weeks later. That run came around, and I failed again. 2 weeks later, failed again. I felt unmotivated to play the game, like I was stuck and I had hit my natural skill ceiling. Eventually, I saw this post yesterday morning around 9:00 AM EST: Thought on the 6.3.6 Cap IW Boss This is what inspired me. I took a run, and tanked the boss down in 5 revives. I was so happy. The rewards weren't too bad, since I first time duped my Mr. F, but only 3*s from the Cav crystals. I didn't even think that I would want to attempt 6.4.1, since it took me 200 units to do 6.3.6, I couldn't do 6.4.1 with 30 units. Saw the videos and the guides and took a jab at it. The results? I'm here now.
That said, any tips for 6.4.5 Hydra Adaptoid? From what it seems, Cap IW is a good counter, and Tigra works better, but she looks harder to play. Thanks and have a great day. (Here's my roster for reference if that helps for your suggestions for 6.4.5):

Comments

• Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,541 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Congrats on getting so far and not giving up. If you can play tigra, she’s your best option for the adaptoid. I suggest using sorcerer supreme. Once you get slow on him and keep it up the fight gets really easy.

Also, make sure you go into 6.4.6 with a bunch of revives so that you don’t have to back out. That’s one fight that your really don’t want to spend a bunch on and be forced to back out. It wouldn’t be a bad idea to go in and practice but I wouldn’t fully delve into it without plenty of revives.
  • Options
    sherin_66sherin_66 Posts: 251 ★★★

Last I posted, I was on 6.2.6 with Sorcerer Supreme and had no idea what I was doing wrong and was dying so much. I watched some videos, read some guides, and tried so many times. The answer? Just spam SP1 as many times as possible. So I got to 6.3, and it seemed a lot easier than 6.2 to be honest. The paths are a bit worse because of the higher healthpools, but overall not too bad. I breezed through 6.3.1-6.3.5, and then stopped at 6.3.6 because of the CapIW boss. The best option I had was Sparky, who was at r3. I took him to r5 thinking it would make the fight a breeze. I made a big run the first day I unlocked it, thinking it would take me one or two revives at max. To be fair, I did use 2 revives, but I only took 25% off of him. So obviously I quit out and saved up some more units and made another run 2 weeks later. That run came around, and I failed again. 2 weeks later, failed again. I felt unmotivated to play the game, like I was stuck and I had hit my natural skill ceiling. Eventually, I saw this post yesterday morning around 9:00 AM EST: Thought on the 6.3.6 Cap IW Boss This is what inspired me. I took a run, and tanked the boss down in 5 revives. I was so happy. The rewards weren't too bad, since I first time duped my Mr. F, but only 3*s from the Cav crystals. I didn't even think that I would want to attempt 6.4.1, since it took me 200 units to do 6.3.6, I couldn't do 6.4.1 with 30 units. Saw the videos and the guides and took a jab at it. The results? I'm here now.
    That said, any tips for 6.4.5 Hydra Adaptoid? From what it seems, Cap IW is a good counter, and Tigra works better, but she looks harder to play. Thanks and have a great day. (Here's my roster for reference if that helps for your suggestions for 6.4.5):

You made it all the way there with that type of roster? Bro, I have an identical roster but I'm stuck on 6.2.1. You truly have mad skills!
  • Options
    Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    Captain American works extremely well, I used Doom for this fight. Also just wondering, why did you r5 cmm without nick? I'm in a similar boat and r4d cmm without having a nick and regretted it
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,415 ★★★★★
    sherin_66 said:

You made it all the way there with that type of roster? Bro, I have an identical roster but I'm stuck on 6.2.1. You truly have mad skills!
    6.3.1 for me lmao
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

6.4.5 Hydra Adaptoid is #metal champ if I’m not mistaken.
    Magneto should breeze through that fight.
    Other good options are Stark Spidey and CAIW.
    She Hulk is amongst top options, but it seems you don’t have her.
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    AYOOO @TheBair123 YOU DID IT LETS GOOO
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Tigra did the trick for me on adaptoid. Congrats dude and try and enjoy the GM. I’d recommend KT1s video guide, brakes the phases down into simplicity.
  • Options
    ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 651 ★★★
    Capiw is a beast for him. Gotta play a little different by spamming sp3. Ironman sp so easy to evade sp3 keeps your kinetic charges up so unstoppable is nullified always. No syn need for cap for that fight so 4 lane clearer and just him for boss is all that is required.

Me personally I evade sp do a heavy for the fury then sp3 but not required.

Here is my solo