**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Really hoping next update brings improvement to game performance/combat input accuracy

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,118 ★★★★★
edited March 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
I don't know the technical terms, but best I can describe my occasional combat issues this month is... There seems to be a delay that occurs from when the AI has registered a strike making contact with my hit box and when it's visually manifested as movement. One example is what I think folks often refer to as "parry is off". With some opponents/some backgrounds, sometimes their attack seems to trigger a very slight visual hiccup which results in "missing a parry" on the too late side of things (eat a combo). I don't really see the attack happen. There's a visual hiccup and the first real animation I see is my champ entering into a I've been hit posture without having really seen an attack coming.

I went on to test something after noticing this. Against certain defenders.. I started hitting the block input what visually appears to me to be ridiculously early.. like a full half second early. And it's registering as a parry. I'll try to get footage if no one knows what I'm talking about. Like, tap block.. half a second goes by.. opponent visually completes attack (cannot see them start it) and becomes stunned along with parry call out. Something is definitely off. A parry should have the block input be registered just a hair before the strike would register as a hit, or even near simultaneous. Not a full half second before.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Similar to how I lost about 30-something furies on my shehulk while fighting abyss thing because my dash back was registered as a parry...
  • Options
    Dragon_SlayerND13Dragon_SlayerND13 Posts: 109
    If I understand correctly what you saying it happenes to me all of the time lately and also anyone feel free to tell me if the following things happen to you as well.
    1st your champ stops responding and it is like you don't even tap your screen anymore, it only fixes for me when I pause game or lock phone and unlock it immediately.
    2nd just missed inputs like randomly throw heavies mid combo without you even trying sth like tha, or while you tapping, some inputs get lost like when you try to slow down combo but it is definetely not that it's just like a light attack never got registered and you end up doing o 4 hit combo instead of a 5 hit combo for example.
    I definitely have more things happened to me like screen freezing for a second or so and yeah it could be my phone but I don't get that type of lag and problems in any other game I play so I don't know what to think anymore.
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I was getting smacked with quake and my parries have been missing -- I just figured it was because I've been sick. Still a high possibility I guess.

Had some dropped inputs too, but I'm 90% sure that was chinese-food related.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    don't even mention hammering the SP button but instead you do a modified tea bag instead smh
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★

don't even mention hammering the SP button but instead you do a modified tea bag instead smh

Happens a lot when I use Guardian
  • Options
    Came across this just now. Seems to be a different example of what I'm describing. But same concept, registered hits/hit boxes are not lining up with what's visually happening in the fight. Nick vs CGR fight.
    https://youtu.be/HW2RSY70wSc
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    This seems to illustrate what I'm talking about. It seems like sometimes the computer sends and registers an input far sooner than the animation has a chance to show what is happening. When the animation catches up, it appears unrealistic. Because the computer has already decided the outcome before the animation shows it play out. Causing CGR to appear to be in an invulnerable frame (same as in special attack animation), causing Nick to "whiff" allowing CGR to counter. As we as players do not "sense" an input as the computer does..we actually need the visual animation to line up with the inputs better. This seems like why folks are "missing" parries as well. The computer registers a dash slightly before the dash is visually displayed. Which would account for why I can parry up to half a second early... The half second early is the visual experience I have. But the game viewed it as a perfectly timed block. Which supports that the computer is registering a dash attack up to a half second before the animation is apparent sometimes IMO.
  • Options
    Hey, the AI needs to be very crafty in high end content.. totally agree. It's what makes the game exciting. The question becomes, where do we draw the line between the AI being very smart and tricky and the AI exploiting the processing speed of the human eye/brain? Or even worse, exploiting a delay in the graphics. Neither of which we have control over. And the animation is all we have to go on. We have to trust that it is in "real time" and we choose the timing of our inputs based on what we see or hear. But when the computer has initiated a dash slightly before it shows up visually, it's just not likely to go our way. I do believe it makes sense, this theory as to why when you slow down the animation and look at it.. it doesn't appear realistic. It's my theory that the graphics are "catching up" to what they were instructed to do once the outcome of that interaction (computer dashes/player responds) was established. If the computer registers that his light attack (or our block input for a parry) was too late. The graphics have to compensate for this when they play out. The fact that CGR intersects with Nicks fist, then magically rights himself in the next frame is a perfect illustration of what's happening. It looks to me like the graphics are correcting themselves to match the registered outcome of the interaction. It just didn't line up at first.. visually. Which is the problem IMO. Just a theory guys. Maybe I'm wrong.. but it's the best I can come up with for what's happening.