**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

MCOC needs better support for High refresh rate devices - both android and future ios

pikapika Posts: 74
edited March 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Hi there, it's me, today I just wanna share some of my experience with the game running on different platforms over the past years and even tho the evolution of hardware inside phones, sadly last year game restrictions ruin the use of all that improved technology.
As an arena grinder and endgame player each year i try to improve my loading times by buying new devices to run the game as fast and smooth as possible. I had to move from flagShip androids to iPadPros and iphones. Even tho apple products are optimized to run better and faster, none of the ios devices couldn't improve in 1 area just like androids - support of high refresh rate.
With the introduction of faster displays, I decided to buy Oneplus phone with 90hz panel and try if mcoc can run smoother since they advertise on the list of 90hz supported games they do. So yeah, after i tried the game it runs incredibly nice with less choppy animations with 90fps. Tbh before on ios devices the battles were always running ok, but everything else was looking so slow between menus. Moved later the same year to Rog Phone 2 and could play on 120fps, at least for me this was a game-changing I don't get annoyed of moving around menus, quests, arena etc.
I'm now using Asus rog phone 3, my display running with unlocked 160hz mode just for mcoc, but due to a change of the game code last summer 2020 there is an issue that devs don't bother to fix which makes all displays support over 60hz reducing their fps to half, so in my case game runs on 80fps, instead 160, of course, i can't complain since 80fps still has smoother animations and responsiveness than ios devices or other android flagships, which is why I haven't complained. It just annoying to see other flagships having 90-120hz displays run this game so poorly that it should be a year ago before the restriction.
With build in-game genie, il share couple of screenshots of real-time info for my Rog Phone 3, where I'm changing the refresh rate up to 160hz, you can check out all of the refresh rates of 90hz-120hz-144hz-160hz are cropped to half.

List of games that support high refresh rate
https://gizmoxo.com/120fps-android-games/

Recently I bought TwinView dock accessory to have double screens while doing arena to able to multi-task chat/youtube , since 2nd screen supports to 120hz it locks my phone also to 120hz, and for some reason, it locks my game on 120fps too. I guess there is a way to bypass that limitation.

There are tons of people buying nowadays high refresh rate phones to get the best smooth experience while using the device for everyday use or gaming. I don't see the point waiting for iPhones to catch up with the high refresh rate displays (even tho they may come this summer already with iphone13), so big apple boys start finally demand not for faster loading times, but smoother animations. Anyways, who knows maybe ios magically can run without issue 120fps mcoc. Worst-case scenario il wait for another gaming phone to release 240hz panel, so i can enjoy 120ps at least without a workaround.

Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    The problem is that there are too many Android devices that support this game. The majority are 60hz.

I'm not sure how hard or easy it is to make the game support up to 120hz or 144hz. But since very few overall devices support it, it's probably not worth it for them to make the game in a higher refresh rate.
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    I like how long he waited to post those screenshots. They are from the Summoner Showdown
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Hello, its been a half year now, sure i get it, androids have no priorities so the half drop fps from 120hz display to play 60fps its still not resolve.
    So with Iphone 13 pro/max they are getting finally 120hz displays, im wondering if its gonna support 120fps right at the begining, or we gonna have half 60fps just like androids.
    Thats pretty much my whole reason to buy a new phones nowadays. to have smother experience as possible no some 30fps even with the best chip.
  • Options
    Deder80Deder80 Posts: 644 ★★★
    What app are you use for a booster?
  • Options
    Thats build in-game mode option for the Asus phone, most android phones nowadays have something similar that helps you with running games smoother/stream/check fps/disable notifications and etc