**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

April Champions!

Comments

• Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Luke9523 said:

Kabam were clear from even before the launch of MROC that it would tie into this game. Why are ppl suddenly shocked now?

Not shocked, just disappointed.
    But why? We don't even know what their abilities or animations will be like.
  • Options
    BuffBeast said:

Luke9523 said:

Kabam were clear from even before the launch of MROC that it would tie into this game. Why are ppl suddenly shocked now?

There’s no doubt in my mind that they COULD be good, (looking at the record of good kabam originals they probably will be) but we’ve already got iron men that aren’t even worth ranking up (unless it’s IMIW) and the same thing with the panthers (not including KM) so there’s no need for more variants. These spots could’ve gone to completely new releases like knull, beta ray bill, Wiccan, etc. too. Personally I’m not a fan of their designs either. Both of them look plain
    But those champions needs buffs which is independent of a new champions release. I'm just saying to give these champions a chance.
  • Options
    BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★

BuffBeast said:

Luke9523 said:

There’s no doubt in my mind that they COULD be good, (looking at the record of good kabam originals they probably will be) but we’ve already got iron men that aren’t even worth ranking up (unless it’s IMIW) and the same thing with the panthers (not including KM) so there’s no need for more variants. These spots could’ve gone to completely new releases like knull, beta ray bill, Wiccan, etc. too. Personally I’m not a fan of their designs either. Both of them look plain
    But those champions needs buffs which is independent of a new champions release. I'm just saying to give these champions a chance.
    I just don’t see the point of adding mroc when we’re here for mcoc. If they plan to continue adding these characters then there’s gonna be another spidey, hulk, cap, etc. Not really fun to get like 50 of the same champ. It’s not even just an mroc thing, most people just don’t like when there’s a new spidey/cap/IM in general.
  • Options
    BuffBeast said:

BuffBeast said:

Luke9523 said:

I just don’t see the point of adding mroc when we’re here for mcoc. If they plan to continue adding these characters then there’s gonna be another spidey, hulk, cap, etc. Not really fun to get like 50 of the same champ. It’s not even just an mroc thing, most people just don’t like when there’s a new spidey/cap/IM in general.
    Fair Enough. I'm also slightly disappointed these are the champs but whatever. Give them a chance. Most of the community is hating on them without reason.
  • Options
    VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    Luke9523 said:

3) Lack of brand new champs, instead of just variations

We're 6 out of 6 for brand new champs this year so this is a weird complaint
  • Options
    Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 907 ★★★
    Voltolos said:

Luke9523 said:

Neither of these are what I'd call brand new champs. One is an iron man variant the other is pretty much a Black Panther variant.
    I mean completely new champions, like Okoye, Valkyrie and Union Jack. Brand new champs with new and unique weapons/actions/gameplay.
    Odin and Mangog were new champions.
  • Options
    Luke9523 said:

Voltolos said:

Luke9523 said:

Neither of these are what I'd call brand new champs. One is an iron man variant the other is pretty much a Black Panther variant.
    I mean completely new champions, like Okoye, Valkyrie and Union Jack. Brand new champs with new and unique weapons/actions/gameplay.
    The two are number 7 and 8 of this year. You misread my comment
  • Options
    Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 907 ★★★
    Voltolos said:

Luke9523 said:

Voltolos said:

Luke9523 said:

The two are number 7 and 8 of this year. You misread my comment
    My bad, this year is going fast and I thought we were only on numbers 5 & 6.
  • Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★

tafre said:

DrZola said:

My concern is that the two new champs will have incredible capabilities in an effort to market them. It isn’t like there is an existing fan base for either. Normally, I would be fine with introducing strong champs, but I would rather they be true Marvel characters instead of MRoC characters.

As long as the SQ is rewarding and easy to access and not excessively grindy, I think we can make it through April.

Dr. Zola

That "marketing" idea sounds very unappealing to me. Why would I be incentivized to play another game if a new champion is very good to play? I would keep playing the same game because of that new fun champ I got, which probably won't happen for months lol.

Maybe I am extremely biased against MROC stuff but introducing characters from MROC, which is not doing good at all (see Seatin video), into MCOC just makes me want to ignore the other game more, if that is even possible. Surely there are others thinking differently but I am positive that this is very small portion of the people in the MCOC community.
    I wonder if its not an effort to recoup some of their losses on mroc. Like, they paid someone to create and design the characters, but aren't finding revenue for it in that god awful melee vomit bucket. Might as well bring the characters here and hope people spend to get them, and try to get more mileage out of their overhead.
    They started working on these two before Mroc was even properly released.

The marketing idea is to make people interested in where those champions came from, it's not necessarily aimed at players that have already heard of mroc, and more towards the casual players, who might check it out for the first time
  • Options
    LinguettiLinguetti Posts: 9
    Luke9523 said:

BuffBeast said:

BuffBeast said:

Luke9523 said:

Fair Enough. I'm also slightly disappointed these are the champs but whatever. Give them a chance. Most of the community is hating on them without reason.
    I don't think anyone is hating on them without a reason. I think everyone will have their own reasons why they do or don't like them already.
    There has already been several reasons why people don't like them, all valid reasons, without even needing to play them.

1) Large numbers of the same/similar champs
    2) Didn't like MRoC game
    4) Just plain don't like the character designs

I mean, every champ is a NEW champ. Variations only don't exist in the game anymore. We are years past Superior Iron man vs. OG Iron Man. Every champ has a unique kit and abilities. People were fine when spider-ham came out, but when a new Iron Man comes out, its the end of the world. The MRoC thing doesn't hold a lot of water either....
    1. It's Kabam's game lettum do what they want.
    2. Almost all of the Kabam originals are awesome, maybe not the champion, and guillotine doesn't really hold up well anymore, but they do have a really high success rate with this kinda thing.
    3. If neither of those hold any weight to you, it's 30(ish) days and then you get brand new characters who might.
    I just don't understand why Kabam is getting so much hate for this, they deserve criticism for a bunch of stuff, but I mean this is definitely not one of those things.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Chikel said:

limeade32 said:

Texas_11 said:

tafre said:

I will give my honest opinion. Adding MROC characters do not make me want to play MROC. I don't mind having them because both games are Marvel related and developed by Kabam and I can see how they are related. However, I would much rather have REAL Marvel characters or Kabam made MCOC character. Why not have Okoye/Shuri and Ironheart/Omega Sentinel?

Btw these champs could be really good for all I know and I could be using them for a lot of stuff but I really don't get excited when I see MROC champs. It is just how it is for me and probably for many others. After I saw these champs my initial thought was: "oh well another meh month"

Because we didn’t download Mcoc for created characters. It’s fine , but if this was a generic game I don’t know how much I would play. Even though BP sucks, I still think he is cool looking and into the story they come up with.
    I definitly remenber downloading the game like 4 years ago because it had the word marvel in it, Kabam seems to be a little confused as to why a lot of people enjoy the game (even out of the marvel characters, we still get a few too many characters they might as well have been made up anyways).
    but jeez, enough with the obscure characters already
    Do you not want obscure champs or duplicate champs? Because Kabam cant keep adding known characters as there's only so many of them in the comics. Also these guys aren't obscure
  • Options
    Chikel said:

limeade32 said:

Texas_11 said:

tafre said:

I will give my honest opinion. Adding MROC characters do not make me want to play MROC. I don't mind having them because both games are Marvel related and developed by Kabam and I can see how they are related. However, I would much rather have REAL Marvel characters or Kabam made MCOC character. Why not have Okoye/Shuri and Ironheart/Omega Sentinel?

Btw these champs could be really good for all I know and I could be using them for a lot of stuff but I really don't get excited when I see MROC champs. It is just how it is for me and probably for many others. After I saw these champs my initial thought was: "oh well another meh month"

Because we didn’t download Mcoc for created characters. It’s fine , but if this was a generic game I don’t know how much I would play. Even though BP sucks, I still think he is cool looking and into the story they come up with.
    I definitly remenber downloading the game like 4 years ago because it had the word marvel in it, Kabam seems to be a little confused as to why a lot of people enjoy the game (even out of the marvel characters, we still get a few too many characters they might as well have been made up anyways).
    It's the same with me. I was tired of playing shadow fight non-stop and just typed Marvel in playstore. This game popped up, I downloaded it and have been hooked since. I started playing this game because it is Marvel related, if they are going another route I might as well uninstall.
    By the way I would absolutely love it if these champions are comparable to Sorcerer Supreme but jeez, enough with the obscure characters already
    Guillotine was released in 2015... These two are also the most marvel related of all Kabam originals so far. The only real contender is StormX
  • Options
    LinguettiLinguetti Posts: 9
    Chikel said:

limeade32 said:

Texas_11 said:

tafre said:

It's the same with me. I was tired of playing shadow fight non-stop and just typed Marvel in playstore. This game popped up, I downloaded it and have been hooked since. I started playing this game because it is Marvel related, if they are going another route I might as well uninstall.
    By the way I would absolutely love it if these champions are comparable to Sorcerer Supreme but jeez, enough with the obscure characters already
    Now THIS I don't get at all. What you want isn't marvel you want "MCU" you want the guys that immediately come to your mind when you think of marvel... the movie tie ins, the gimme money makers like the spider-mans and the Wolverines.
    However only having that is a disservice to this amazing world that has been built and established over DECADES. I for one love the Darkhawks and the Hit Monkeys because I didn't immediately know them and learned more about them through the game.
    Also how could you possibly spin this as Kabam "going another route"? They've been doing this since Guilly and Morningstar dropped... this kinda thing isn't new. Either uninstall for something that's been going on for years, or play through a month and enjoy the next cycle of champs.
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Voltolos said:

Chikel said:

limeade32 said:

Texas_11 said:

tafre said:

Do you not want obscure champs or duplicate champs? Because Kabam cant keep adding known characters as there's only so many of them in the comics. Also these guys aren't obscure
    They could literally fill the next 2 years with well known champs
    Lke who? Who is well known but not in the game? Galactus and Mandarin are the only ones i can think of right now as really well known characters who aren't in the game or basically a copy of an existing champ
  • Options
    DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★
    no, the April champ is:

• Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Voltolos said:

Crcrcrc said:

Voltolos said:

Chikel said:

limeade32 said:

Texas_11 said:

tafre said:

Lke who? Who is well known but not in the game? Galactus and Mandarin are the only ones i can think of right now as really well known characters who aren't in the game or basically a copy of an existing champ
    Galactus, Mandarin, Sandman, Scorpion, Mantis, Shuri, Okoye, Mystique, Bullseye, Angel, Kitty Pride, Forge, Dazzler.
    Do you want me to list more?
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Linguetti said:

Chikel said:

limeade32 said:

Texas_11 said:

tafre said:

Now THIS I don't get at all. What you want isn't marvel you want "MCU" you want the guys that immediately come to your mind when you think of marvel... the movie tie ins, the gimme money makers like the spider-mans and the Wolverines.
    However only having that is a disservice to this amazing world that has been built and established over DECADES. I for one love the Darkhawks and the Hit Monkeys because I didn't immediately know them and learned more about them through the game.
    Also how could you possibly spin this as Kabam "going another route"? They've been doing this since Guilly and Morningstar dropped... this kinda thing isn't new. Either uninstall for something that's been going on for years, or play through a month and enjoy the next cycle of champs.
    Funny how the people wanting MCU champs are the same ones complaining about not wanting different variations of the same character.
  • Options
    Voltolos said:

Crcrcrc said:

Voltolos said:

Chikel said:

Sandman, Lizard, probably Scorpion. Beta Ray Bill. Depends on how you define "well known", tho, bunch of people probably never heard of Bill, because he isn't mentioned in any movie
  • Options
    Raichu626 said:

Voltolos said:

Crcrcrc said:

Voltolos said:

Chikel said:

Sandman, Lizard, probably Scorpion. Beta Ray Bill. Depends on how you define "well known", tho, bunch of people probably never heard of Bill, because he isn't mentioned in any movie
    He is awesomeley referenced in Thor Ragnarok though on Sakaar but yea. A lot of the people asking for well-known marvel are the ones who base it of the mcu.
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Voltolos said:

Crcrcrc said:

Voltolos said:

Chikel said:

Galactus, Mandarin, Sandman, Scorpion, Mantis, Shuri, Okoye, Mystique, Bullseye, Angel, Kitty Pride, Forge, Dazzler.
    Do you want me to list more?
    You'll have to list 4 times as many to fill 2 years. And unless you're talking about a different Angel, AA is already in the game and it's been established that alternate versions of existing champs are a big nono, so he doesn't count.
  • Options

Raichu626 said:

He is awesomeley referenced in Thor Ragnarok though on Sakaar but yea. A lot of the people asking for well-known marvel are the ones who base it of the mcu.
    "Referenced" as in a statue of a head of a member of his species is in frame for 3 seconds, but yeah
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Shuri

I want some of whatever you took
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    Linguetti said:

Luke9523 said:

BuffBeast said:

BuffBeast said:

Luke9523 said:

I don't think anyone is hating on them without a reason. I think everyone will have their own reasons why they do or don't like them already.
    There has already been several reasons why people don't like them, all valid reasons, without even needing to play them.

1) Large numbers of the same/similar champs
    2) Didn't like MRoC game
    4) Just plain don't like the character designs

I mean, every champ is a NEW champ. Variations only don't exist in the game anymore. We are years past Superior Iron man vs. OG Iron Man. Every champ has a unique kit and abilities. People were fine when spider-ham came out, but when a new Iron Man comes out, its the end of the world. The MRoC thing doesn't hold a lot of water either....
    1. It's Kabam's game lettum do what they want.
    2. Almost all of the Kabam originals are awesome, maybe not the champion, and guillotine doesn't really hold up well anymore, but they do have a really high success rate with this kinda thing.
    3. If neither of those hold any weight to you, it's 30(ish) days and then you get brand new characters who might.
    I just don't understand why Kabam is getting so much hate for this, they deserve criticism for a bunch of stuff, but I mean this is definitely not one of those things.
    The Champion isn't a Kabam original, he's one of the elders of Universe like Collector & Grandmaster.