**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Nova damage test. RoL in 65 hits

BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
edited April 2021 in General Discussion
https://youtu.be/5Ncx94-jQ3A

I’ve been vocal about his buff being bad due to a lack of improvement to his utility, but his damage is kinda nice. Before the buff I could do this fight in about 80 hits and 2 mins, now it’s 65 and 1:55, so it’s not an incredible improvement. But he’s hitting 16-17k mediums at max damage which is ok.

Not convinced on the playstyle, and his utility is still very low down. But I think he’s an ok option to pull as a newer player and until you get one of the many champions who can do what he does better.

Overall, damage buff is good, well done Kabam. Utility is still bad, and should really be looked at.

A lot of champions will be getting tuneups and a lot of the time just a damage bump will not be enough, otherwise we would boost and use them. Sometimes utility needs to be looked at too.

Comments

• Options
    GarrettN said:

If you enjoyed that, you might also like seeing how fast you can take down ROL winter soldier by parrying with colossus.

The playstyle is definitely up to the player. I think it’s fun in a quirky kind of way but would never want to play it outside of RoL.
  • Options
    gsil6374 said:

Maybe the cosmics are just too damn strong, but it takes about half that time with Hyperman, Sparkles, Angie, Space Ghost, and Split ends.

Agreed. I’m in no way saying he’s as good as any of those. I only did this to get out to anyone who was wondering how good he is.

The answer is a resounding mediocre. But maybe slightly better damage than people expected
  • Options
    Futur1st said:

Overall, damage buff is good, well done Kabam.

Omg, lol :D Really? Nova is still useless, just trash.

I meant more that of a yeah, great, damage buff is all well and good but utility is more important.

Not that his damage is good necessarily
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Thanks for the video. He looks interesting but the dashing back repetitively looks a bit annoying.
  • Options
    Will3808 said:

Thanks for the video. He looks interesting but the dashing back repetitively looks a bit annoying.

Yeah, it’s only slightly fun in RoL where there is nothing else going on. And it’s only fun in the sense that you can see 17k medium hits, apart from that. He’s got a bit of a stressful playstyle and won’t be too useful anywhere else
  • Options

His damage is now better than expected but yea, something more could have been done with him in terms of utility. Also, I find his playstyle annoying having to constantly dash in and all.

Definitely, I think the damage increase was a good idea, could have been taken a bit further. He needed damage, but he needed utility more.

I hope future tune ups aren’t as lazy as this. If kabam don’t have the time to do more with champions I’d rather they took more time to do more with specific champions.

5 great buffs are better than 15 mediocre buffs.
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    The damage is nice. But that play style. Yeaaaaah.

Also, his animations for dashing in look pretty blah especially to be doing that sort of damage. I think he could’ve benefitted from a more explosive appearing medium dash attack.
  • Options
    AGYAATAGYAAT Posts: 210
    Try that against lol red hulk,
    If opponent has limber or stun immunity then his play style is quite impractical..

I have done rol winter soldier fight in 75 Hit with full mutant synergy (critical rating) before this buffs, he already had above average damage even before this buff but now he has good damage output.. but it's not enough he should have more than that

Still he is still quite irrelevant for most of us because he needs sig 200 for that good or above average damage then his playstyle is like cherry on the 💩

He wasn't a meme or low tire champ even before this buff but sadly he will still stay in the same tire after this buff😓
  • Options
    MSRDLD said:

The damage is nice. But that play style. Yeaaaaah.

Also, his animations for dashing in look pretty blah especially to be doing that sort of damage. I think he could’ve benefitted from a more explosive appearing medium dash attack.

Yeah it’s really not practical is it.

I think his sp2 animations feel like you should be hitting way way harder than it does.
  • Options
    AGYAAT said:

Try that against lol red hulk,
    If opponent has limber or stun immunity then his play style is quite impractical..

I have done rol winter soldier fight in 75 Hit with full mutant synergy (critical rating) before this buffs, he already had above average damage even before this buff but now he has good damage output.. but it's not enough he should have more than that

Still he is still quite irrelevant for most of us because he needs sig 200 for that good or above average damage then his playstyle is like cherry on the 💩

He wasn't a meme or low tire champ even before this buff but sadly he will still stay in the same tire after this buff😓

Yeah he really can’t deal with any sort of node that messed with stun. Even if a player has limber mastery it’s not possible.

The nova in my video was sig 125