**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Nova fans disappointed speak up!

Davepool87Davepool87 Posts: 21
edited April 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
He's a very cool character and must be a powerful hero!

He has skills that work well on defense, but on offense he's really bad.
He has no easy access to any utilities and his playstyle is absolutely terrible! You have to go back and forward to accumulate furies, wait for the unblockable and shoot sp2 before the unblockable ends. But if you wait the opponent special, unblockable ends or you go on third bar of power. Really?

This is uselessy frustrating, he may works on stupid fights like rol's, but in hard matches, with hard nodes, in the REAL matches, he's totally useless.

No huge damage, no easy utilities, no funny playstyle.
His realistic utility in high level contents is ZERO.

Honestly, would you take him in act 7 instead of hyper, cgr, angela, medusa, cmm, Corvus, venom, vision, red goblin, terrax, venom the duck ...?

How can be good a buffed character that is more useless than half cosmic class??
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    I feel if they changed his kit a bit and added some utility like power burn and armour break with stun and something new like immunity Nulifier - where opponent lost there immunity for certain period of time with some passive debuff activation with Nova's spacials.
    Added some rotation.
    And completely change that dashing back going forward thing from his kit. He would his buff would have been useful.

His kit with his play style is very impractical and non user friendly with AI
  • Options
    gash228gash228 Posts: 106

He has no easy access to any utilities and his playstyle is absolutely terrible! You have to go back and forward to accumulate furies, wait for the unblockable and shoot sp2 before the unblockable ends. But if you wait the opponent special, unblockable ends or you go on third bar of power. Really?

This is uselessy frustrating, he may works on stupid fights like rol's, but in hard matches, with hard nodes, in the REAL matches, he's totally useless.

Honestly, would you take him in act 7 instead of hyper, cgr, angela, medusa, cmm, Corvus, venom, vision, red goblin, terrax, venom the duck ...?

How can be good a buffed character that is more useless than half cosmic class??

What's Vision doing in that mix? He's tech not cosmic and you're clearly talking about cosmic class.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    gash228 said:

What's Vision doing in that mix? He's tech not cosmic and you're clearly talking about cosmic class.
    Vision aarkus
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I’m not justifying how good he is or anything like that but I think the reason Kabam didn’t change anything with his playstyle is they wanted to create a unique character who wasn’t like anyone else and they did this with all the dashing. I personally don’t think it worked but it they did make something unique.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Will3808 said:

I’m not justifying how good he is or anything like that but I think the reason Kabam didn’t change anything with his playstyle is they wanted to create a unique character who wasn’t like anyone else and they did this with all the dashing. I personally don’t think it worked but it they did make something unique.

Yep that’s absolutely fair enough. But they needed to give him some utility, or take him for a moderate update and redesign slightly how his dash worked. His playstyle isn’t really practical
  • Options
    Salve_maker05Salve_maker05 Posts: 407 ★★★
    I got his 6* the day before his buff too. Thought he would be my first good 6*
  • Options
    Davepool87Davepool87 Posts: 21
    I hope they'll listen to our feedback and make it playable, because I want to use it on offense! Not being able to use such a cool character is a waste!
  • Options
    AllbrightAllbright Posts: 54
    He is even more useful
  • Options
    DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    Simply put, Nova's buff puts him where Terrax, P2099, Carnage, DDHK, YJ, Logan, Civil Warrior are. The neither-here-nor-there buff.
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Simply put, Nova's buff puts him where Terrax, P2099, Carnage, DDHK, YJ, Logan, Civil Warrior are. The neither-here-nor-there buff.

Hard disagree. I'm sorry but this is a very uninformed statement.
    - Terrax went from a noodle to a hard hitting champion, with all of the past strong utility he had (double immune, armor breaks, power gain)
    - P2099 went from a super stressful power control champion to a very useful power control champion, as it is quite easy to keep up your battery and lock the opponent of 90% of their power. His damage now no longer scales down either, meaning his damage is great throughout all of overdrive, which can sometimes last the entire fight.
    - Carnage went from one of the biggest disappointments in the game (noodle) to much stronger buffs, making his damage insane. In fact, he is one of the highest DPS in the entire game. Yes, he could use more utility, but it was a great buff.
    - DDHK went from 0 relevant utility and damage to solid utility and decent damage. Not near the top of his class, but a decent champion. He has uses now.
    - YJ went from having 0 utility to having tons of utility, some of the most utility in the game in fact.
    - Logan became a better champion after his buff, as his furies are easy to ramp up and he has other neat abilities. Not the best, but a solid midtier option.

Civil Warrior is the only one I can agree with on this list, as his value in my opinion remained the same. He now loses his utility in armor ups to gain fury, which is stressful to keep up. I did not like his update at all, I wish they made a mechanic like Colossus' where the armor ups themselves granted the fury's damage bonus, eliminating the need for the entire stressful fury upkeep playstyle.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★

I hope they'll listen to our feedback and make it playable, because I want to use it on offense! Not being able to use such a cool character is a waste!

That's my biggest issue. What's the value of a champ who's best creator determined function is when you don't get to use or even see him? Like an awesome toy you've always wanted that looks cool, and it only does stuff while you're at school.