**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Testing plans

OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
When I do my day job of a CS teacher, I teach kids to code. We teach 4 key principles: plan, code, test, evaluate.

Seriously. DO YOU EVEN TEST ANYTHING YOU DO. If you annouce a change, surely the generalised theory is "sure of course they tested it works, we wont have to cancel a whole week of AQ". To keep this "constructive" if you would like feeback I'm happy to offer it but I'll once again go to my default of:

actually...test...your...code

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,022 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    Odachi said:

When I do my day job of a CS teacher, I teach kids to code. We teach 4 key principles: plan, code, test, evaluate.

Seriously. DO YOU EVEN TEST ANYTHING YOU DO. If you annouce a change, surely the generalised theory is "sure of course they tested it works, we wont have to cancel a whole week of AQ". To keep this "constructive" if you would like feeback I'm happy to offer it but I'll once again go to my default of:

So none of your students ever make a mistake and never have bugs in anything they do after leaving you? I'm sure everything you've ever programmed as well has been flawless right? I'm also sure you've programmed for huge projects like MCOC, COD, or major console games flawlessly as well right?

How many AQ cycles in a row have there been since the one other time has this happened? 2 years worth at least? I highly doubt you can do what they do and remain successful at it.
  • Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

Odachi said:

So none of your students ever make a mistake and never have bugs in anything they do after leaving you? I'm sure everything you've ever programmed as well has been flawless right? I'm also sure you've programmed for huge projects like MCOC, COD, or major console games flawlessly as well right?

How many AQ cycles in a row have there been since the one other time has this happened? 2 years worth at least? I highly doubt you can do what they do and remain successful at it.
    If one student makes a mistake thats fine, if they then went to work for a multimillion dollor/pound company you would expect they wouldn't be working solo and there would be some kind of quality assurance at alteast a first level interally.

I wouldn't epect Boeing to let one employee release a new plane live or tweak an existing model without some kind of testing. That's all this comes down to: testing. The fact it launced without problem just screams this hasn't been tested.

Questioning AQ cycles is a simple process, they are a looped procedure. Sucess is irellevant, I'd question the sucess of your favourite sport in the same fashion to find it has to relevance.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,022 ★★★★★
    Odachi said:

Odachi said:

If one student makes a mistake thats fine, if they then went to work for a multimillion dollor/pound company you would expect they wouldn't be working solo and there would be some kind of quality assurance at alteast a first level interally.

I wouldn't epect Boeing to let one employee release a new plane live or tweak an existing model without some kind of testing. That's all this comes down to: testing. The fact it launced without problem just screams this hasn't been tested.

Questioning AQ cycles is a simple process, they are a looped procedure. Sucess is irellevant, I'd question the sucess of your favourite sport in the same fashion to find it has to relevance.
    Right... Cause Boeing didn't have to ground thousands of planes a couple of years ago huh. Maybe go to their forums and make sure to tell them to test their stuff.

You realize even if you test something, bugs and errors can still happen right? You HAVE to know that being a teacher and all.
  • Options
    TherealdmoTherealdmo Posts: 54
    Can’t win with him op he is a troll and lives for this type on conflict