**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does the Petrify Mastery hurt Doom?

EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
Hi guys,

Redoing my masteries in order to accommodate 3 points of MD, and tempted to put 3 points in Petrify. The reason? Well, because among my staple champs smin almost all of my teams are Red Mags, Guardian and CAIW, all of which need/benefit from the parry stun then heavy playstyle... so that reduced power rate when stunned from the petrify mastery would help. Also , I ised to have some points in Pacify but I'm starting to think that it's not really wort it, too little DAAR for me to count on it for anything.

Problem is that , the point of my redoing my masteries is for MD to biff up my Mystic roster.. and Dr. Doom happens to be another one of my staple champs. So I wonder if the reduced power rate when stunned from Petrify will hurt Doom's ability to steal the opponent's power post sp3? Also, I sometimes do Doom's signature slap in order push to the opponent's power up before firing sp3 (that way I steal more post sp3) but since his slap happens when the opponent is stunned then I would end up gettt less power in return ... kinda hindering Doom's playstyle?

Am I overthinking this? Maybe MD would end up evening out things in case Petrify does hurt Doom's power stealing utility, I dunno. But I thought it would be a good idea to ask.

Help please!

Comments

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Petrify mastery applies to stun debuffs, so no.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Petrify doesn't affect doom.
  • Options
    @Kill_Grey and @Sarvanga1_

I think you misunderstood my question, or more exactly, maybe I didn't explain myself well enough.

I know Doom wont get damaged if I get Petrify mastery, as I understand that what the mastery does os that it reduces the power rate of an opponent if you hit while the opponent is stunned....

... and that last phrase is precisely why I am asking. A lot of Doom's playstyle revolves around hitting stunned opponents... but the problem is that when you do so you usually do so to either:

a) steal power ( throw sp3, opponent gets stunned, you hit while he's stunned and steal his power) or

b) push power up on the opponent to have more power to steal ( before firing a sp1 or sp3, you do MLLLH , the last heavy hits while the opponent is stunned).

So, if I get Petrify, both scenarios described above would net me less power stolen. That is what I mean by "Petrify hurting Doom". I mean that it hurts his ability to steal
    Power back, because if the opponent generates less power while stunned, then Doom would have less power to steal. If I slap in order to push power up on the opponent, then the opponent will get less power cuz Doom's slap happens while the opponent is stunned. Less power on the opponent, less power for Doom to steal. Less power for Doom to steal, harder to reach second sp3 for the second fury, or maybe even reaching sp2 to fire it while in fury.

Get it now?
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Bruh, that's what we're talking about. Petrify applies to stun debuffs, while Doom operates with stun passives, therefore there is no relationship.
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Bruh, that's what we're talking about. Petrify applies to stun debuffs, while Doom operates with stun passives, therefore there is no relationship.

Oooh, I see. Thank you for the clarification, I truly appreciate you taking the time.

So Petrify would indeed benefit then other champs that favor a parry heavy playstyle, (such as Red Mags, CAIW, Guardian, etc.) right? Or do they have passive stuns too? Sorry dor being a noob 😔