HELP! Gwenpool is my nemesis. 5.1.2

Gul2025Gul2025 Member Posts: 89
I am starting 5.1.2 for my UC push and of course Gwenpool is first and I can’t stand fighting her. Do I have someone to beat her? Here is my roster. Tia

Comments

• hermherm Member Posts: 415 ★★
    uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... if u have a hard time fighting gwenpool... Yeah maybe u should do a few warm-up duels. But like...
  • Gul2025Gul2025 Member Posts: 89
    herm said:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... if u have a hard time fighting gwenpool... Yeah maybe u should do a few warm-up duels. But like...

Yes I am going to practice but I’d like to practice with someone who is good against her.
  • Demonic_embraceDemonic_embrace Member Posts: 179 ★★
    Dude if u're having a hard time fighting gwenpool in the early chapters of act five with the champs you have displayed on your roster, maybe u should spend a month or two, improving u skill before tackling act 5 again
  • hermherm Member Posts: 415 ★★
    Gul2025 said:

herm said:

Yes I am going to practice but I’d like to practice with someone who is good against her.
    Look I'm just gonna tell u straight unless she has a combo up + combo shield node, if she's hard to fight, there's no champ that'll make it easier. She's straight-up just not a good defender unless the previous circumstances apply.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Member Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Only thing that could somewhat make her an Annoying Defender is her Damage Cap on Specials, but that's easily Ignored with Champions who have Potent Basic Attacks or Damage Over Time Effects.
    She should be Nothing to your Archangel, just bait Sp1s if you're afraid of her Sp2 and don't want her anywhere near an Sp3.
    Simply watch for the full turn around to Dash Back which let's you avoid the Bullet shot.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Member Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Gul2025 said:

herm said:

Definitely Practice though, it's Always Always Always Worth It.
    Don't push or rush yourself, Act Content ain't going anywhere so you have all the time in the world. Good Luck!

Gul2025 said:

herm said:

Don't push or rush yourself, Act Content ain't going anywhere so you have all the time in the world. Good Luck!
    Thank you so much! The bleed gets me every time. I know I definitely need to practice. I’ve only been playing around 5-6 months and definitely know I’m not the bests lol. AA was going to be my choice as well. Thanks so much again.
  • Gazthehillbilly012Gazthehillbilly012 Member Posts: 128
    Gul2025 said:

Gul2025 said:

herm said:

Thank you so much! The bleed gets me every time. I know I definitely need to practice. I’ve only been playing around 5-6 months and definitely know I’m not the bests lol. AA was going to be my choice as well. Thanks so much again.
    In the same boat as you mate but on act 5.1.6, gets frustrating when you are told the champs you have should make it easy. It’s the skill curve that makes things difficult, I feel your pain as I have a good roster but just need more practice on certain nodes, I find incursions is helping and you get some good advice from better players as it benefits them if you can do better, good luck with your progress!

Gul2025 said:

Gul2025 said:

herm said:

In the same boat as you mate but on act 5.1.6, gets frustrating when you are told the champs you have should make it easy. It’s the skill curve that makes things difficult, I feel your pain as I have a good roster but just need more practice on certain nodes, I find incursions is helping and you get some good advice from better players as it benefits them if you can do better, good luck with your progress!
    Thanks you as well! Single momhood doesn't exactly allow me a lot of time to practice like I should. lol I wish I had all the time in the world to though. I want UC so bad lol but I'll get there lol We both will
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Member Posts: 2,049 ★★★★★
    Who's good for her? Oh you know... everyone.

Just keep practicing. Gwenpool is a very simple fight. Just watch her power meter and dex specials.
    Eventually, only reason I started playing was because my 5 year old loves superheroes and now I’m hooked, unfortunately practice comes after my missus, kids, work and sleep!

Eventually, only reason I started playing was because my 5 year old loves superheroes and now I’m hooked, unfortunately practice comes after my missus, kids, work and sleep!

Lol mine comes after work, my 6 year old son's virtual school and before sleep. lol
    Haha, good luck, I’ve found act 5 very tricky so far, if you haven’t already go back and 100% act 4 both for the rewards and practice, it was the advice I got and has helped me a little

Haha, good luck, I’ve found act 5 very tricky so far, if you haven’t already go back and 100% act 4 both for the rewards and practice, it was the advice I got and has helped me a little

I haven't yet but that's good advice. Thank you.
  • Xguard77Xguard77 Member Posts: 570 ★★★
    One more tip - always bait her SP1. It's a fairly intuitive two step dex: when she comes forward dex back once and pause, then when she spins dex back one more time. When you get the flow of that she'll become any easy fight for you.

Regarding champs, Doom is your strongest in general, and AA is the best counter....but try Colossus - he's a tank with immunities and class advantage so that might give you some confidence in the fight.

Good luck OP!
    Xguard77 said:

One more tip - always bait her SP1. It's a fairly intuitive two step dex: when she comes forward dex back once and pause, then when she spins dex back one more time. When you get the flow of that she'll become any easy fight for you.

Regarding champs, Doom is your strongest in general, and AA is the best counter....but try Colossus - he's a tank with immunities and class advantage so that might give you some confidence in the fight.

Good luck OP!

Thank you! That will be very helpful. Sadly I never think of Colossus. I will give him a try for sure. Thanks again.
    Faseeh said:

Lol i remember her!! Spent weeks learning how to dodge her sp1 but got it down eventually. the breakthrough global helps a lot :)

Thank you! Yea she's quite annoying if you are not really great. Which I am not lol Practice makes perfect I guess lol
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    It is a super easy fight. 2 stars are even able to fight that gwenpool. Just get hits in and dex special attacks