**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mastery advice - where can I free up a point?

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,691 ★★★★
All -

I recently r5’d and awakened my Doom. He clearly is a monster, and I can tell he’d be even more of a monster with just a bit more mystic dispersion (I’m currently sitting at 2) - timing feels really tight on some of my rotations so if I screw up in the least I’m off. I feel like one more point of mystic dispersion - so a total of 3 - would be about the sweet spot. Given he is now my strongest champion and I also plan to rank my Claire and possibly my 6* Summoner Supreme, it feels like a good investment.

However, I really like the rest of my mastery build so I’m struggling with where to free up a point. Would welcome suggestions.

Many of my champions are parry/stun/heavy attack champs, so feel like keeping Stupefy, Petrify, and Pacify maxed is worth it - maximizes the benefits of stuns and keeps them from generating power while I’m hitting them plus reduces their ability accuracy. Similarly, with the large number of champs I have that apply debuffs, it feels like Despair, Deep Wounds, and Assassin should stay maxed also for that as well as Void and CapIW’s reverse healing.

Given all this, I’m thinking a point off of Pierce, Courage, or Recovery would be the best bet. I’m not running any significant regen champions for any serious content progression, so maybe recovery? At least until I get 5* Wolverine to drop? Could also cut Pierce or Courage if they are not worth as much as I think they are.

Welcome any advice. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    I have the same setup as you, but 1/3 in Petrify and 4/5 Mystic Dispersion. You can try 3 in MD, but 4 really pushes Doom to his sweetspot.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Xguard77 said:

I have the same setup as you, but 1/3 in Petrify and 4/5 Mystic Dispersion. You can try 3 in MD, but 4 really pushes Doom to his sweetspot.

Thanks @Xguard77 - was actually going to add the question of whether 3 is enough. I think I’m going to try 3 initially then bump it to 4 if I have the same experience you have.

Since our builds are similar, follow up question for you. I tried a build a couple of months back with only 1/3 in Petrify and didn’t love it - felt like the my opponents were building energy too quickly when I was parry/stun/smashing them. I’d probably be more inclined to take a point our two out of Pacify instead - which also is inline with what Amazing_Demon05 was proposing. What is your experience with the value of pacify vs. petrify?
  • Options
    Ok after a bunch of additional research I think I am going to leave petrify and pacify alone and drop pierce to 1, increasing MD to 4 over time.

Thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★
    I also suggest glass canon but that's just me

also if you are only doing mystic dispersion only go up to 3 because at 4 and 5 he can gain too much power and mess up his rotaion
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I’d take the points out of pierce. I personally believe you don’t really need more than one there. I recently took two out and I see absolutely no difference.