**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thoughts on a Dummy/Practice Mode?

Lately I've been thinking about how fun it would be to have a dummy mode similar to the game Skullgirls mobile, where you can just test your champs on an enemy that has infinite health. In this mode you'd be able to control pretty much everything such as what champ the dummy is, adding nodes for yourself or the dummy, adjusting what the dummy does, like blocking constantly, or playing offensively or defensively so you can get practice for future content or just to have fun. I'm not sure if implementing a dummy mode like that would be difficult or not for Kabam but I just think it'd be way cooler to have to test champs on instead of going to ROL WS. I mostly think this would be fun in cases where you have Guilly 2099 where her degen damage gets really crazy once you start hitting the 200 combo, but it seems like alot of enemies would be dead around that point, but you don't want to have to practice using her against Abyss or Lab enemies. What do you think about a free practice dummy being added to the game for fun testing with nodes and champs? Maybe you could find some fun combos with nodes and champs and content creators could probably have fun with it too.

Comments

• JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Yes
  • EtherionGodEtherionGod Posts: 251 ★★

Yes

Powershield and Sunspot would be so much fun to do testing with
    Will3808 said:

This sounds really cool but I’m not sure Kabam will ever do that because they’d see it as unfair practice against fights. Like the 6.2 champion or grandmaster, Kabam wants you to fight it for real and not be able to practice before.

I would be really nice if they put it in though.

ya, its a sad reality but you're right. Who knows thought maybe by some miracle someday they give us a super pro player feature like this.
  • Demonic_embraceDemonic_embrace Posts: 154 ★★
    Will3808 said:

This sounds really cool but I’m not sure Kabam will ever do that because they’d see it as unfair practice against fights. Like the 6.2 champion or grandmaster, Kabam wants you to fight it for real and not be able to practice before.

But not everybody is interested in fighting the grandmaster and champion tho. Some of us just want where were can learn how to play new champs without the AI comboing us to death.

Will3808 said:

Maybe you would have to have already defeated them to unlock them as opponents?

Would that work?
    that does sound pretty good
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    I would love this, but when I got a similar idea some time ago, I was told that Kabam's strategy is to make money on us all reviving because we can't just practise the bosses for free.

So, while I would love this feature, it's reasonable to not expect anything
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,016 ★★★★★
    Will3808 said:

Where did anyone from Kabam say that?
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,013 ★★★★★
    I’ve been wanting this for years, I think it’s a great idea. Basically a suped up duel system. Probably hard to implement in-game technically due to there not currently being any way for a player to add nodes into a fight, but I hope they do develop this tech and implement it. It would be a great testing ground for new champs.
  • Ps_cr7Ps_cr7 Posts: 296 ★★
    Definitely. That way I can practice with quake and ghost. Maybe I won't be sooo bad with them anymore.
  • LORDSPOOKY66LORDSPOOKY66 Posts: 293 ★★
    Would be cool if it was offline
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★

Will3808 said:

But not everybody is interested in fighting the grandmaster and champion tho. Some of us just want where were can learn how to play new champs without the AI comboing us to death.
    Winter Soldier is the usual punching bag for new champs and old champs for potion farming. :)

Well well well it looks like we might be getting something very close to the practice fight mode we mentioned here lads!