How to use Generic Rankup over class rankup gem ?

Heisenberg750Heisenberg750 Member Posts: 93

Comments

• Killer354Killer354 Member Posts: 130
    Go to the generic one in your inventory then hit rank up champions then select whoever you want to take up.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Member Posts: 774 ★★★
    I’ve had 3-4 expire within the past 2 weeks.

Owell 😔

I have 2 more in overflow. I keept trying to rank up and use the class specific just so I can use generics....it got too expensive so I gave up
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Member Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Maybe go to use items?
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Member Posts: 2,072 ★★★★

Maybe go to use items?

Read the issue again.

It's a game setting that prevents using the class gem when you have generics.

Only way around is to work with support. With an active case, and agree they tell you to do it.... They'll basically tell you to use the generic and then they will give it back and take away the class one from your inventory.
    Problem is, it all depends on having a ticket open FIRST and getting approval that they will do this for you.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,936 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Contact support. They will sort it for you

• Heisenberg750Heisenberg750 Member Posts: 93
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit Please help us on this
  • LlessurLlessur Member Posts: 488 ★★★
    talk about suffering from success
  • GildenlowGildenlow Member Posts: 691 ★★★
    I read somewhere that such thing can't be done. You have to use you class gem first.

That's what I did on crossbones, just like you.
  • Heisenberg750Heisenberg750 Member Posts: 93
    @Gildenlow Tats not at all fair man . Then why there is year limit on Generic if it cant be used on those champs when having class gem
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★
    I don't think there is a way to select this in game. I've heard that Kabam is working on this, because it used to not be a big deal with the limited number of gems available. I haven't done this myself, but I've seen a number of people on forums that have had Kabam Support help them out. I have also heard people who didn't get help from Kabam.

Here are basically your options:
    1. Just go ahead and use the gem that it suggests and use the other ones ASAP so you don't lose any resources in your overflow. It is not the end of the world, and neither is ranking up a slightly less desirable champion now, though it is unfortunate.
    2. You could use the generic gem now, then contact support to ask them to switch out the already used generic for a class based one. I've heard several people do this, but I have not personally. Seems a bit risky, but ehh.
    3. You could contact support and get them to specifically answer the question for you. If they tell yo to go ahead and they will switch them afterward, awesome. If they say they can't, then at least you know what you're in for and can decide accordingly. Seems like the safest bet to me.