**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Make nova gain speed as he gains charges

Nova’s play style is unique, but he has meh reward for the tedious play style. I believe if he was to gain speed while gaining charges and as he has more charges, it would make for a meaningful play style, instead of remaining in the limited mechanics in the game. If a unique play style is to be meaningful, I think a mechanic associated with it that rewards the play style is warranted. Yes, he gains furies while building up, but that is not the part of his kit that is unique. Most cosmic characters can gain furies, nova is different because he gains the furies from the charges from speeding back and forth, so the mechanism that rewards nova and gives him furies should be the one that is the interesting mechanic. Aka the dashing in and out, gaining nova charges. I know nova just got “buffed” but I think that these (simple? Maybe) changes could make the buff more meaningful and nova a fun champion to use. I’m not sure how this would work coding wise.

Comments

• Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    I assume you mean increase the Speed of his Dashes which would let him build up Charges Quicker and have less time left open for Counter Attacks, but imagine if his Attacks became Faster as well allowing him to get more Uses out of his Furies.
    Like Most Champion's 5 Hit Basic Attacks lasts about 2.5 to 3 Seconds, it would certainly be unique if at a High Charge Amount he could get off his 5 Hit Basic Combo in 1.7 Seconds?
  • Options
    PhilipEPhilipE Posts: 41

I assume you mean increase the Speed of his Dashes which would let him build up Charges Quicker and have less time left open for Counter Attacks, but imagine if his Attacks became Faster as well allowing him to get more Uses out of his Furies.
    Like Most Champion's 5 Hit Basic Attacks lasts about 2.5 to 3 Seconds, it would certainly be unique if at a High Charge Amount he could get off his 5 Hit Basic Combo in 1.7 Seconds?

I don't know about increasing his attack speed, only because of the uniqueness of his kit coming from the dashes. But attack speed is a something that could be explored for newer champs that revolve around that mechanic.