**KNOWN SPRING OF SORROW ISSUE**
We noticed a number of the Spring of Sorrow objectives aren't working properly, we are investigating and currently working on a potential solution.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

My strategy in the Side Quest

RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
A week or so ago the Legendary difficulty of the side quest felt very hard to me, but now it's just casual fighting.

My team is Doom, Ghost and CAIW (all r5 except CAIW, at r4), as I found very balanced to take on (almost) every opponent in there.
Also very good is the flow of non-damaging debuffs, which heals you through willpower, and the Regen at the boss.

For the first node I usually use CAIW parry heavy and nuke SP2. When there's a Civil Warrior I tend to use Doom SP2/SP3 because the Armors stack up very fast.

For the second node (I hate Aggression Fury!!) I use Ghost. My power bar fills up to SP3 when I feel I'm going to get hit due to the defender being more defensive. If there's a Joe Fixit, I'll definitely think first if the reward really is worth it because the block damage can screw you up.

For the third node I found Doom the most easy to avoid them using too many specials, just SP1 cycle over and over. I've not yet had Scarlet Witch on that node (weird), but if she were to suddenly pop up there I might consider Ghost (against poison debuffs).

For the fourth node Doom is an absolute beast. This is by far the easiest node to handle if you stagger the opponent when he's got none yet and throw a SP2 at half health. Incinerates will finish the defender off so just keep your distance (unless it isn't, then try one more).

For the fifth node I prefer CAIW because it leads to a little bit less block damage than with Ghost, furthermore I definitely want to save both Doom and Ghost for the final boss. Parry Heavy then Parry Medium Heavy is one way to ignore Mix Master. Personally, I avoid throwing SP2, and use SP1 in combination with above combos. The DAAR stops Mix Master from triggering and the Bleeds tick off some more health. When there are opponents with annoying SP1 (all 3 Spideys), holding a defensive stance and reparry helps A LOT to push opponent to SP2.

For the sixth node Ghost is nice. Since you're standing open, the opponent throws specials often before reaching SP2. Mind that you don't want to activate many specials due to the Micro-Reflect node, so SP3 cycle works great (ideally activate with at least 1 Cruelty buff to turn them permanent). Before I used Doom, however the Micro-Reflect node doesn't let you SP3 cycle unless you want to take a ton of damage.

For the seventh node I generally use Ghost as well, unless there's a Killmonger. With Ghost, the lowering of crit rating doesn't matter since her crits are either 100% or 0%, so that's a free heal through willpower. Can throw a SP2 after parry but not necessary at all.
Against Killmonger, ideally wait to attack until Reverberation is over, then go in and throw SP2 when Reverberation is almost up again. Try to stick close so the debuffs don't fall off but over time you'll get him down. Bait SP2 as it leads to less block damage (unless you can dex or parry SP1).

For the bosses: In general: keep distance when the Regen is about to be activated, and I simply ignore the Juke node as it doesn't really matter and is somewhat distracting.

-Sorcerer Supreme: CAIW: stack up a few kinetic shields from Parry and nuke SP2. If it isn't enough, Doom finishes the fight. If you do mess up and let her have the Regen, a simple Stagger or SP1 can neutralise it. Ghost is a little bit annoying because she can place Armor Breaks on you, preventing you to continue your normal rotation (and the Armor Breaks will keep coming because she passively gains power). Still the Regen from the debuffs and the buff can keep you alive to knock off a lot of health.
Bait SP2, but SP1 works too if you've tried enough.

-Storm PX: Ghost: the glancing makes her crit less but even then it's easy to reduce her health. Parry Heavy to gain Furies that make it even faster. If you can throw SP2, she's going to lose a lot of HP. Phasing right before she throws SP1 will 100% make the first 3 out of 4 hits miss, up to you to dex or block the last one. If it isn't enough, CAIW and/or Doom can take over with normal rotations.

Since the IWD boss rush we've had some Storm PX bosses along the way (also in the EQ) so that's how I learned how to perfectly get the timing to dex her SP1. If you're not comfortable, block it all (keep in mind that it can be unblockable with enough prowess). The timing is somewhat similar to Havok's SP1.
Bait SP1 rather than SP2.

-Silver Centurion: Ghost: Normal rotation works. If it isn't enough, Doom and CAIW are there to finish the fight.
Bait SP1, SP2 probably causes unwanted block damage.
I noticed you can reduce the beam block damage by 50% if you immediately swipe left when you see the block damage from the first part of the beam. Instead of risking to get hit, just sacrifice a little bit of HP (that you can regain with the Regen).

-Jabari Panther: This one definitely is the worst out of the four for me. Ghost works only for a limited time so it's rather tedious but so are all three options. Doom feels the best to me (can be different for other people), and you have to keep in mind NOT to blindly attack after you stunned her. Quick reparry is an option, baiting heavy attack too. If she throws SP1, DON'T DEX the spear, as it can cause you to get hit due to dex failing to work. Instead of dex, parry it and you'll receive way less damage than if you'd actually get hit.
Bait SP2 rather than SP1, but if you do so, try to keep half a screen distance just in case.

Wew this took way longer than expected but maybe some of you might get some new stuffs from this ^.^

Comments

• Options
    RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    Oh in the Killmonger part I forgot to mention that it's about Doctor Doom as attacker. ^