**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

CGR Rotation Help

MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
edited April 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I just got him as a 5* but I haven't the faintest idea on how to play him, Any tips? I use suicides btw.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,379 ★★★★★
    He is not suicide friendly, his SP2 is part of his rotation and his damage.
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,379 ★★★★★
    However, there are youtubers like KT1 who have practical applications for CGR.
  • Options
    LORDSPOOKY66LORDSPOOKY66 Posts: 293 ★★
    He is blleed immune so hes ok with suicides check out slayer of gods rotation
  • Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Siliyo said:

He is not suicide friendly, his SP2 is part of his rotation and his damage.

I have many friends and I think I saw some youtubers who have him ranked with suicides on so there must be some way to play him
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    edited April 2021
    ShrimpR said:

For short fight: MLLLM MLLLL PARRY Charge HEAVY+SP2, don't dexterity before using SP2

This rotation ends the fight the quickest, but i like to add in MLLL in between the first 2 combos. This will push him to sp2 quicker.

So it's MLLLM, MLLL, MLLLL, PARRY, Charge HEAVY CANCEL, SP2.
    Then on 2nd rotation i do MLLLM, MLLLL, PARRY, Charge HEAVY CANCEL, SP2.

I can down ROL WS in 36 secs with this rotation and I'll use this for Cavalier EQ boss fights.

https://youtu.be/wzxStkXXLzI
    https://youtu.be/ByrhoNtHGhk
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    Depends on how short the fight is. For shorter fights I don't even bother with the above rotations. If you do Parry, Heavy, MLLLL (this will put you just below two bars of power), Parry, then MLLLM you will get to an SP2 before the defender even gets a bar of power.
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    I use him with suicides. Standard fight goes (No dexing) Parry - MLLLL - Parry - MHeavy - Parry - MLLLMsp2 - Keep on slappin'.

Fights like the Legendary SQ stuff ends with that. Nothing fancy, just effective. If you dex it messes things up a bit, but you can play CGR without being optimal and he does just fine. Stressing on being optimal can honestly be more trouble than it's worth with some defenders and nodes.
  • Options
    evilKINGwilsonevilKINGwilson Posts: 212
    Raganator said:

Depends on how short the fight is. For shorter fights I don't even bother with the above rotations. If you do Parry, Heavy, MLLLL (this will put you just below two bars of power), Parry, then MLLLM you will get to an SP2 before the defender even gets a bar of power.

I just got my CGR and am learning.

When you say "short" fights are you talking about 50-150k Healthpools ?

Thanks for the tip!!
  • Options
    Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★

ShrimpR said:

For short fight: MLLLM MLLLL PARRY Charge HEAVY+SP2, don't dexterity before using SP2

This rotation ends the fight the quickest, but i like to add in MLLL in between the first 2 combos. This will push him to sp2 quicker.

So it's MLLLM, MLLL, MLLLL, PARRY, Charge HEAVY CANCEL, SP2.
    Then on 2nd rotation i do MLLLM, MLLLL, PARRY, Charge HEAVY CANCEL, SP2.

I can down ROL WS in 36 secs with this rotation and I'll use this for Cavalier EQ boss fights.

https://youtu.be/wzxStkXXLzI
    https://youtu.be/ByrhoNtHGhk
    Thanks. This is awesome. I just got him and i was practicing and it would happen that i would get parry in before i get to sp 2 and accidently charge heavy and throw a sp 1 😂🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★

I use him with suicides. Standard fight goes (No dexing) Parry - MLLLL - Parry - MHeavy - Parry - MLLLMsp2 - Keep on slappin'.

Fights like the Legendary SQ stuff ends with that. Nothing fancy, just effective. If you dex it messes things up a bit, but you can play CGR without being optimal and he does just fine. Stressing on being optimal can honestly be more trouble than it's worth with some defenders and nodes.

This is so true, sometimes i can't get the parry, in before sp2, so i just throw sp2 anyways and he still does big damage.
  • Options
    DefenestratedDefenestrated Posts: 304 ★★★
    Parry-Heavy
    Parry-MLLLL
    Parry-MLLLM-SP2

That’s really all you need to do in most short fights. No need to Parry-charge heavy-SP2 at the end. Just parry heavy at the beginning and you’re good.
  • Options

Parry-Heavy
    Parry-MLLLL
    Parry-MLLLM-SP2

That’s really all you need to do in most short fights. No need to Parry-charge heavy-SP2 at the end. Just parry heavy at the beginning and you’re good.

That sounds even easier ! thanks I'm determined to learn this guy

not triggering the precision is the most complicated part so far
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    MLLLM -> Parry/Heavy -> MLLLL -> Parry/Intercept -> SP2 is faster. No need another combo because the Aptitude will improve the Power Gain.
  • Options
    Seanl85Seanl85 Posts: 34
    For longer fights mlllm then build to sp3. Use dex but do not use mllll. At sp3 parry -heavy cancel to sp3.
    Opponent will still be stunned -mllll. You now have sp2, unleash it next combo and watch opponent melt. Then repeat, if you need to
  • Options
    Seanl85Seanl85 Posts: 34
    He has lots of different combinations you can use depending on the fight, dexing is not ideal but also not detrimental. Ive used him on stun immune nodes and you can still do massive damage. All about getting armour breaks and fury
  • Options
    JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
    Seanl85 said:

For longer fights mlllm then build to sp3. Use dex but do not use mllll. At sp3 parry -heavy cancel to sp3.
    Opponent will still be stunned -mllll. You now have sp2, unleash it next combo and watch opponent melt. Then repeat, if you need to

If needed you can also do another parry-heavy-sp3 after the first sp3 and mllll to get 2x or more fury, then finish off with sp2
  • Options
    I just got him and already love pretty much everything about his character.

You all def seem to know him well, do you use him most regularly in EQ , AQ, or AW? or all ?

A R4 absolutely destroyed my alliance mates (w 5/65s ) on a power start2 / enhanced2 node this week hardly put a dent in him