**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Luke cage good now?

I just pulled this guy as a 6 star and I remember he always got trash talked but now people are saying he's good? did I miss a buff or something?

Comments

• Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Yes you did.
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★

he's always been good

Yeah this.... no clue how anyone can say he's bad. Very underrated.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    He is chunky and can tank stuff when duped and his specials are
    L1: Unreliable stun
    L2: 100% concussion (at least 4 exhaustion)
    L3: Long exhaustion’s (damage)
    He is bleed immune.
    Big damage requires aggressive play.

Solid 6.5-7.0 out of 10.0 (Unless there is hard content that L3 tanking comes in clutch for in which case 8.0ish)
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    7or7 said:

he's always been good

Definitely not true. He was terrible before his buff. Now he’s pretty good.
    I wouldn't say he was terrible. His uses were fewer. Since the buff, he's been pretty solid.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    He won't crack top 5 for Science, but I have as a maxed 5 for fun. Just recently got some use out of him in V7. #50%IncreasedAA
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,750 ★★★★★
    I have a 6* duped LC at R2. He can do some good damage, is pretty tanky, and the invulnerable buff gives him some good endurance.

Best rotation for him is to throw all light attacks, and drop sp3. Build as many exhaustion as possible. Before they changed the science cav nodes, he was doing some very chunky damage. Overall good champ. I don’t regret ranking mine to r2.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    He's amazing if the opponent stacks debuffs. Try him against Immortal Abomination or Kingpin. Or in AW, if the opponent is running suicides.

Very good Physical Resistance, Bleed Immune, and a big health pool makes him a solid tank.

Exhaustion is really handy against opponents with Power Gain like Hyperion; and specific Mystic opponents like Tigra and Sasquatch.

And the concussion on SP2 is generally handy and versatile.

Solid champ, who's got a bit of utility now. Good pull!
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★

He's practically the definition of a workhorse champ. Not godly. Not bad. He just gets **** done.

Vintage Luke Cage in other words 👍

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    His my man for science Cavalier EQ
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 812 ★★★
    Very underrated.....and very user friendly. Nice to be able to mess up and not get punished (duped)....so many times I build with light attacks not worrying about the enemy power bar and try to chain l1s the entire fight.... opponent can't really hurt you until they have gotten to six bars of power.....most fights before I'd say act 6 are over before then....he was arguably my mvp for Acts 3-5 and still use him on occasion (science eq)