edited April 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Mephisto tune up

Each ability is seperated by a line

Ability's and stats are based on a 4 star rank 5
Stats are the same since they are already very solid

Sig
Burning aura

When attacked
Mephisto burns with anger, having a 5.4% to 14.98% chance to activate his aura for 4 seconds
+120% chance if the hit was a well timed block
Mephisto is immune to ability accuracy modification

Mephisto starts the quest with 3 persistent charges, gaining a additional one each time a opponent is knocked out, up to 6 can be gained
When going below 30% of max health all persistent charges are consumed to regenerate 2050 health per charge over 4 seconds during this time Mephisto can't take damage from anything
At the start of the fight Mephisto imprisons his enemy's soul for 15 seconds during this time no buffs can activate during this time, if a ability were to fail to apply do to this Mephisto gains 5% of max power immediately. This does not consume any souls
Generates 12% of a bar of power every second instead of taking damage from incinerate, nova flames, and coldsnap
Mephisto is fully immune to all of the poisons of the battle realm

Designer note
I know most people will be upset about the immunity to nova flames but its makes sense why he would be since he lives in fire. Also he would be easily demolished by human torch if he weren't.

Aura of incineration
While aura of incineration is active Mephisto generates 12% of a bar of power every second also For each stack nearby enemys take 134.4 incinerate damage every second
For each aura active up to 2 gain a passive fury granting 1732 attack for aslong as the aura is up

Split soul
When a sp1 is activated Mephisto consumes half of a soul charge but due to the magic it takes to separate a soul Mephisto can only keep the half of the soul for 30 seconds. These are not carried from fight to fight.
Heavy
Each hit inflicts a bleed dealing 244 damage over 4 seconds

On specials
During a special attack Mephisto falls so deep into his rage that all debuffs on Mephisto are paused and deal no damage for the duration of the special

Sp1
Mephisto consumes half a soul charge to inflict a soul imprisonment for 15 seconds
While the enemy's soul is imprisoned they cannot gain buffs and when they would Mephisto gains 5% of max power
Also inflict a incinerate dealing 688.8 energy damage over 4 seconds per stack of aura

Sp2
Activate aura of incineration for 15 seconds and refreshes up to 3 auras
This attack is also unlockable
10% of damage dealt to the enemy is leeched as health from this attack

Designer note
This is basically a new special as it adds a few ability's he didn't have before, also the leech ability is not a large mechanic to this character its more of just a nice bonus though on nodes like power shield it can be very powerful.

Sp3
Burn 2 bars of power from the opponent instantly. If the max amount of power was drained gain the aura forever
Also inflict a permanent armor break reducing armor by 1000
Only 1 permanent aura and armor break can occur

Mephisto gains a cruelty granting 500 crit damage against heros

Synergy with symbiote supreme is changed
Mephisto's aura now lasts 15% longer

Synergy with ghost rider is changed
Ghost rider the final medium in a combo has a 100% chance to nullify one buff
Mephisto
When fighting a villain 15% more attack

Synergy with dormammu is changed
Dormammu's detonation damage is increased by 50%

Mephisto
All incinerate damage is increased by 30%

Synergy changed with the champion
Mephisto gains 5% more attack per persistent charge
The champion gains 2% attack for each hit in the combo meter up to 100 hits
Sentry gains 20% more damage per persistent charge

Synergy with hela changed
Mephisto while under the effects of any debuff gain a cruelty increasing crit damage by 400

Comments

• VoltolosVoltolos Member Posts: 1,120 ★★★

Synergy changes
    The synergy with blade is changed
    Blade gains dangersense against any hero's and dangersense gains +30% potency

Way too strong
  • Reecespieces101Reecespieces101 Member Posts: 221
    @Voltolos
    Blade is so out of the meta that he needs these kinds of synergy's you can't play blade with ghost rider do to lack of dimensional beings. All in all though its a idea kabam will never look at it and thats that
  • Jtao_7810Jtao_7810 Member Posts: 76

@Voltolos
    Blade is so out of the meta that he needs these kinds of synergy's you can't play blade with ghost rider do to lack of dimensional beings. All in all though its a idea kabam will never look at it and thats that

Smse needs it more and not mephisto he doesn’t need it
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Member Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Just make his synergies part of his base kit
  • Reecespieces101Reecespieces101 Member Posts: 221
    @Jtao_7810
    Mephisto just needed a tad bit more then he has with this all his ability's are a bit better and he gains some new ones
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Member Posts: 934 ★★★★
    I don't know what you think a tune up is, but that's not it.

Also, removing the sym sup synergy just puts this version of mephisto back to exactly where he started. The only champs this would buff are the champion, Blade and Ghost Rider,

@Jtao_7810
    Mephisto just needed a tad bit more then he has with this all his ability's are a bit better and he gains some new ones

Mephisto doesn’t need a buff though
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Member Posts: 2,150 ★★★★
    Meph needs a nullify to make him great and a further power burn to make him godly. Whether on subsequent sp3 or similar I don't know, but would certainly revamp him.

And the stealing of buffs and power makes sense given who he is.

But the above from the op is way over the top.

Meph needs a nullify to make him great and a further power burn to make him godly. Whether on subsequent sp3 or similar I don't know, but would certainly revamp him.

And the stealing of buffs and power makes sense given who he is.

But the above from the op is way over the top.

Mephisto will never be Godly.
  • StellarStellar Member Posts: 1,083 ★★★★
    The only thing i would change about Mephisto is to give him a little boost to its damage.

My 6R3 Mephisto does less damage on its basic attacks than the 6R2 Prof X of my second account.

Maybe some kind of passive Fury on its Heavy attack like Captain America IW ?
    The ability to suspend the timer of the fury while his aura is active (yes that would mean he will have the possibility to get a permanent passive fury if you use your SP3 wisely).

That would gave the possibility to boost its damage if conditions are met
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    One thing I think could be pretty cool is a kind of "Deal with the Devil" synergy, somewhat similar to Apocalypse. I'm a little peeved that the Mutant class has several champs that boost all of them, while the rest of the classes lacks similar champs (apart from Odin, I guess).

I don't know how the synergy would work, but an idea could be to give boosts to Mystic #Villains while granting both a boost and a curse to Mystic #Heroes. Maybe #Villains become Incinerate immune, while #Heroes gets 50% incineration resistance and 25% bleed vulnerability or a permanent armor break. Something along those lines, to emphasize that you've made a deal with the lord of hell (or whatever realm he is the ruler of).

I've also always been kind of annoyed with his aura of incineration since it's always so annoying to fight yet rarely feels particularly beneficial to me when I play with him, so I think a neat interaction with it could be to deal more damage the more buffs the opponent has. Maybe it could pause them, reducing their effectiveness by a % based on sig level, and deal damage per buff. That would allow him to hit hard vs Cosmic champions, while not dealing insane amounts of damage to Science ones. Which would feel about right, given his class.
  • StellarStellar Member Posts: 1,083 ★★★★
    Ercarret said:

One thing I think could be pretty cool is a kind of "Deal with the Devil" synergy, somewhat similar to Apocalypse. I'm a little peeved that the Mutant class has several champs that boost all of them, while the rest of the classes lacks similar champs (apart from Odin, I guess).

I don't know how the synergy would work, but an idea could be to give boosts to Mystic #Villains while granting both a boost and a curse to Mystic #Heroes. Maybe #Villains become Incinerate immune, while #Heroes gets 50% incineration resistance and 25% bleed vulnerability or a permanent armor break. Something along those lines, to emphasize that you've made a deal with the lord of hell (or whatever realm he is the ruler of).

I've also always been kind of annoyed with his aura of incineration since it's always so annoying to fight yet rarely feels particularly beneficial to me when I play with him, so I think a neat interaction with it could be to deal more damage the more buffs the opponent has. Maybe it could pause them, reducing their effectiveness by a % based on sig level, and deal damage per buff. That would allow him to hit hard vs Cosmic champions, while not dealing insane amounts of damage to Science ones. Which would feel about right, given his class.

what a great idea ! that would be awesome and totally in line with Mephisto behavior.

Maybe using the souls he gathered to empower others ?
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★
    Stellar said:

what a great idea ! that would be awesome and totally in line with Mephisto behavior.

Maybe using the souls he gathered to empower others ?

Maybe he could spend a soul to grant a #Villain a permanent boost, while gaining a soul by giving a #Hero (or maybe just non-#Villain) a one-fight boost/curse combo? To lean more into the "trading souls" aspect of him.