**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Caution On Voting For Ant-Man

This is just my opinion, after thinking about this for a while.

Ant-Man does need a buff, I won’t argue that. His SP1 & SP3 don’t have any effects or debuffs, and his base stats and structure need an overhaul. He’s one of if not the most boring characters to play right now just because he’s so plain and simple, with little to no great buffs or debuffs. If you’re voting for Ant-Man based on those then great, I’m 100% with you.

However, those of who are basing their vote solely off the ghost trinity synergy possibility, be cautious. They are buffing the character. Not the synergy. The whole point of this is to increase the characters sole value. To make the character itself more viable. In order to do this they’ll most likely shift his abilities around and/or give him some additional ones to compensate value of attacks and combos. They’re going to make Ant-Man stronger. Not the synergy. That itself will most likely stay the same.

Overall I would like to see him buffed that way every time I put him on my team for the syngery he isn’t just a wasted slot of a character. That he’ll actually provide some use. As long as it’s anyone but Kamala I think we’ll all be fine.

Comments

• Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    I mean we know the synergy won't be buffed, but right now there are situations where in quests my ghost can't do a fight or two for whatever reasons, and I have to include a character that can handle that. Sometimes that means ant man is benched, which makes ghost weaker.

If ant man could handle some of those fights by giving him utility, I would have to bench him less 🤷🏻‍♂️. Seems pretty straight forward to me.
  • Options
    DarkLord8470DarkLord8470 Posts: 105
    No_oneuk said:

I mean we know the synergy won't be buffed, but right now there are situations where in quests my ghost can't do a fight or two for whatever reasons, and I have to include a character that can handle that. Sometimes that means ant man is benched, which makes ghost weaker.

If ant man could handle some of those fights by giving him utility, I would have to bench him less 🤷🏻‍♂️. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

I hate to be that guy but that’s literally what I just said lol
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I haven’t seen anyone say the synergy will be buffed?

Everyone’s excited that ant man will be worthy to bring on a team, and will help ghost as much as he did before synergy wise, but if he’s a good champion it’ll be better for ghost
  • Options
    Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    I don’t normally, or have ever, said this, but there is so many duplicate/very similar discussions about this vote for a buff. And after reading through many of them, they are all saying pretty much the same thing.

This is a main thread topic about it all here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/261174/community-champion-update-poll-2021#latest
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★

Haji_Saab said:

Nice try ...but futile ..

Ant man for my two votes ...

Oh I’m voting for him too I’m just sick of seeing people freak out thinking that ghost is going to be a literal cheat code after his buff. She’s gonna stay the same 🤷🏻‍♂️

I didn’t know that people were saying that his synergy with ghost was going to be changed and buffed but that’s really interesting that people think that. I’m voting for ant man because I’ve got a 5* and would like to actually play him.
  • Options

All of you speaking about ghost... even if you get him buffed you will still only use ghost for everything.
    Guilly is the one true vote

I’m hoping ant man will complement ghost, similar to how if hood’s buff keeps him good at nullifying buffs you can use him as your nullifier and ghost as your damage dealer. But what about when ghost can’t work? There’s plenty of armour break champions, or damage caps, or punishing crits, or nodes that do the same.

I’m hoping ant man will cover some of the ground that ghost currently doesn’t, meaning you can bring him for some fights ghost can’t do, and have an awesome synergy alongside it.

Plus, Ant man is goddamn awesome, one of my favourite MCU films, and I want him to have justice, or failing that, more than 3 ability lines.
  • Options
    Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    Actually if they buffed him Ant-Man would be used more with the synergy because he is now usable. They may even give him newer synergies that go well with Ghost
  • Options

limeade32 said:

If they changed the synergy(the ghost bit I mean) people would riot.

It wouldnt be the first time a synergi would be changed. Its part of the "risk" if you can even call it that. People always have these huge expectations of how things are gonna turn out and end up disappointing themselves
    I believe the most recent example of a synergy being changed was the crossbones and task master synergy, and that was made a part of Crossbones base kit. The taskmaster part of the synergy was kept the same.

Crossbones (the buffed champion) was updated, and taskmasters (who has the actual synergy) part of the synergy wasn’t effected. Ant man (the buffed champion) is getting updated, and again, ghost has the actual synergy.

So taking that precedent, if the synergy were changed, it would only alter Ant man’s part of it, and the ghost part would stay the same.

Are there any other examples of Kabam changing synergies with buffs? And actually affecting the non buffed champion that the synergy effects?

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

It's not only for, ghost, who care about agent venom, Joe fixt, KK, guillotine or Jane foster. Some them aren't even canon. We all know how powerful is antman in the MCU and his importance in Avengers endgame.

Not Canon? All of them are bona-fide Marvel characters.

Antman in the MCU was “I can shrink and do slightly less than Wasp” and “I can get big, pass out, then ask for orange slices” Paul Rudd is great and he is a good character from a story perspective, but powerful is the last word to come to mind when I think about AM. Importance in Endgame???? He just happened to be alive enough to give the avengers Hank Pym’s tech. It was more luck than his own merit (unless you are talking about him squishing Cull before Cull could squish Korg lol)

All of them are very compelling characters all in need of a buff because let’s be real, most players aren’t going to waste resources on them. Even if they have some uses, nobody is going to take KK over all of the other poison immune fury cosmics for caustic temper.
    I was referring to og Guillotine , she was made by kabam, she isn't a marvel characters
    While she is a Kabam original she is indeed a marvel character
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

It's not only for, ghost, who care about agent venom, Joe fixt, KK, guillotine or Jane foster. Some them aren't even canon. We all know how powerful is antman in the MCU and his importance in Avengers endgame.

Not Canon? All of them are bona-fide Marvel characters.

Antman in the MCU was “I can shrink and do slightly less than Wasp” and “I can get big, pass out, then ask for orange slices” Paul Rudd is great and he is a good character from a story perspective, but powerful is the last word to come to mind when I think about AM. Importance in Endgame???? He just happened to be alive enough to give the avengers Hank Pym’s tech. It was more luck than his own merit (unless you are talking about him squishing Cull before Cull could squish Korg lol)

All of them are very compelling characters all in need of a buff because let’s be real, most players aren’t going to waste resources on them. Even if they have some uses, nobody is going to take KK over all of the other poison immune fury cosmics for caustic temper.
    I was referring to og Guillotine , she was made by kabam, she isn't a marvel characters
    She's a marvel character and has appeared in the comics since 2015 or something. Also, if only OG Guillotine was the one you're referring to, why group the rest with that? Agent Venom and Jane Foster both are great comic characters (AV especially).

(Idk much about Joe Fixit.)
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I'm afraid antman will become a glancing machine with micro reflect in his base kit turning him into a more annoying electro
  • Options
    Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    edited April 2021
    Im voting for antman for the synergy team and not at the same time. I'm not voting specifically because im hoping the synergy will be awesome. Im voting for him so that he's no longer a dead weight character on the team. If its a great buff, bringing him along will no longer feel like a wasted space on you team.
  • Options
    Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Haji_Saab said:

Nice try ...but futile ..

Ant man for my two votes ...

Oh I’m voting for him too I’m just sick of seeing people freak out thinking that ghost is going to be a literal cheat code after his buff. She’s gonna stay the same 🤷🏻‍♂️

To be honest, I am over Ghost. Used her to death when I did Act 6 explore. I haven't picked her for any content for a while now.

However, a buff to a synergy partner is an indirect buff. Currently, from a damage perspective, Ant man synergy is the most powerful one for Ghost but he normally cannot make the team because he is a dud and wastes a slot. If Antman is a force on his own, then Ghost can benefit from his synergy a lot more than now.
    I think if Ant man win they will tune down his Synergy with Ghost I'm almost certain .
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Is everyone going to overlook the fact that ant-mans and agent venoms sp1 is flawed and it doesnt connect half of the time?

whoever wins the vote will get an overhaul, but the animations will stay the same as that requires more time. it is specifically said in that post.

so if you like ant-man or agent venom and you want them to actually be viable, good champions, for whatever reason, the best thing you can actually do, is to vote against them and try to get their animations sorted out along with their upgrade!

How do you figure that? Overhaul in no way means the animations stay the same. Wasn't DDHK an overhaul? I have not see that about the sp1 of antman not connecting, but if it is true then they can sort that out too.
  • Options
    Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Is everyone going to overlook the fact that ant-mans and agent venoms sp1 is flawed and it doesnt connect half of the time?

whoever wins the vote will get an overhaul, but the animations will stay the same as that requires more time. it is specifically said in that post.

so if you like ant-man or agent venom and you want them to actually be viable, good champions, for whatever reason, the best thing you can actually do, is to vote against them and try to get their animations sorted out along with their upgrade!

I have not see that about the sp1 of antman not connecting, but if it is true then they can sort that out too.
    From my experience, when you get hit by the first hit of AM's sp1, you can still dash back and dodge the rest of it. For pretty much every other champ, you are kinda frozen until the entire sp gets over, and can't move or attack (unless unstoppable obviously)
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

I have not see that about the sp1 of antman not connecting, but if it is true then they can sort that out too.
    From my experience, when you get hit by the first hit of AM's sp1, you can still dash back and dodge the rest of it. For pretty much every other champ, you are kinda frozen until the entire sp gets over, and can't move or attack (unless unstoppable obviously)
    That is not a flaw for only antman, even mephisto has the same issue, you can get hit with first beam, recover and then dash back. But, I have never seen the AI recover mid special, so did not think of the issue that much.
  • Options
    Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

That is not a flaw for only antman, even mephisto has the same issue, you can get hit with first beam, recover and then dash back. But, I have never seen the AI recover mid special, so did not think of the issue that much.
    I didn't know that Mephisto had that too lol, but I don't think that's how it should work. Don't see it as an issue either, but just clarifying what the other dude said
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I didn't know that Mephisto had that too lol, but I don't think that's how it should work. Don't see it as an issue either, but just clarifying what the other dude said
    That's now how it should work. I think massacre had the same issue in his sp1 before they fixed it.
    Edit: To be fair though, I only use sp1 or sp3 if I don't want to convert the fatigues into poison. Sp1 and sp3 actually do nothing or we don't know what they do since there is no description in his abilities.